Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #346
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
Nascar died when Dale Sr died. It's just been flopping around.

That was also the last year that Jeff Gordon won the championship and the last year that NASCAR stats really matter to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
The only one who didn't second guess those directions was Boyer. He is the one who lost my respect.

To be honest, I don't really like Vickers, especially the way he drives. (I counted 7 cautions caused by him alone in the Bristol race from last year). Even he questioned the direction given to pit, slow, spin, etc....

Yeah, I agree...I'd rather Clint had found Jeff Gordon on the track and flat taken him out Earnhardt style, put the bastard in the wall if you don't like him, don't be a chicken shit.

I like Vickers, probably because I like a comeback kid type story. Most likely the same reason I'm pulling for Kurt Busch.

Two under the radar spoilers for the title IMHO...Harvick and Kurt Busch, I really want one of them to win the whole thing.

I'd really like to see Kevin get to run the #3 for his last race in Dale's car, he upheld the legacy just fine in my opinion. Won a bunch of races and got in some fights just like Dale would have.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #347
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I like Vickers, probably because I like a comeback kid type story. Most likely the same reason I'm pulling for Kurt Busch.

Two under the radar spoilers for the title IMHO...Harvick and Kurt Busch, I really want one of them to win the whole thing.

I'd really like to see Kevin get to run the #3 for his last race in Dale's car, he upheld the legacy just fine in my opinion. Won a bunch of races and got in some fights just like Dale would have.
I'm cheering for Kurt. That is a comeback story I like.

Vickers, on the other hand....na. I'm still don't like him from when he took out Jr. and half the rest of the field at Daytona, when he got mad that Jr. had a run going up the inside. Especially didn't like the blame everyone else reaction afterward. (And...that was a year plus, before the aforementioned Bristol race.)

To me, he has changed the outcome of the race for so many other drivers, they need to take turns taking him out at the beginning of the race to limit the weekly damage.

I am a Hendrick fan so, I am pulling for those four plus the elder Bush Brother.
Uller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #348
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
How about a big shakeup?

Jr. to the #3. He clicks with the team and wins his first Championship, the first year in the seat.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #349
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
How about a big shakeup?

Jr. to the #3. He clicks with the team and wins his first Championship, the first year in the seat.
That would be awesome, but the only one that's got a chance at getting in the old #3 is one of Richard Childress's grandson's.
mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #350
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
How about a big shakeup?

I'm betting that Hendrick has him locked up for life like Gordon.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #351
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,229
I could've sworn I read rexently the #3 is coming back imminently via one of the Chilldress grandkids.

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #352
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,798
It is Austin or the oldest Grandson will have it next year in cup. Also his reason for using the #3 now (he has always raced under the #3) is he uses the #3 because it was Richard Childress # first not Dale's and he wants to show respect to his Grandfather.

Hell even Ricky Rudd drove the #3, its just a number and Dale won a Championship with the #2.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #353
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie View Post
It is Austin or the oldest Grandson will have it next year in cup. Also his reason for using the #3 now (he has always raced under the #3) is he uses the #3 because it was Richard Childress # first not Dale's and he wants to show respect to his Grandfather.

Hell even Ricky Rudd drove the #3, its just a number and Dale won a Championship with the #2.

Nobody buys that, not even Richard Childress himself...the #3 will always be known as Earnhardt's.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #354
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,020
Allowing Gordon in is such bullshit. Shit happens, and happened in 20 odd races before.

NASCAR is afraid they'll lose a chunk of viewers because he is #2 in popularity.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #355
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Allowing Gordon in is such bullshit. Shit happens, and happened in 20 odd races before.

NASCAR is afraid they'll lose a chunk of viewers because he is #2 in popularity.

I would have watched all ten races if he wasn't in, now I'll watch if I'm home..check the 'net if I'm not. A pissed off Gordon is better for excitement on the track.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #356
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,133
The whole Chase thing is stupid in the first place....Good day for a nap because its raining and the Chicago race is on.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #357
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
The whole Chase thing is stupid in the first place....Good day for a nap because its raining and the Chicago race is on.
Agreed. If the 15th driver can make a rally enough to take the whole thing then why shouldn't he/she??
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #358
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 2,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post

You got that right! NASCAR is a joke anymore!JMHO
Old 09-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #359
larryboy
Paint it black.

So, by last weeks rules Edwards didn't win that race, but by this weeks rules he did win...whatever.

My two spoilers were right there at the end of the race, Kurt has nobody but himself to blame for losing the race.

Did you guys see Jr blow his engine to help Gordon?

Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #360
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Did you guys see Jr blow his engine to help Gordon?