Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #61
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by madleemark View Post
i enjoyed watching long way round and long way down, looked to me like they had fun along with many hard days, good for them and bmw. has anybody seen terra circa or mondo enduro?

I watched 'em once. They were OK but it was a 2 hour affair - so very short for what they did, with an understandable lack of production quality. I have no desire to watch them again, in much the same way that there are very few RRs posted here that'd I'd read twice. I felt the money I paid for the DVD was wasted. One of the very few times I wish I'd rented.

LWR on the other hand, and to a lesser degree LWD and Race to Dakar (I disliked By Any Means) I find far more watchable again, and again...and again :)
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #62
hardpackrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Yes, to be completely honest, I too have my 2012 GSA TB partially because of Ewan and Charlie... no doubt.. i love the series, and have watched it more than once, and kno i will watch them again soon..but with all due respect to those guys.. because they were instrumental in kindling my adventure bike spirit..I simultaneously also found Helge Pedersen, and his "ten years on two wheels" book... .. then his ride reports from his Globeriders (www.globeriders.com), business/tours. I mean being able to take 60 days off... plus pay 15-20+grand to do one of those tours... I mean I dream I'll probably never realize.. but Silk Road, and all the other tours... what a killer way to do it. Check it out, if u haven't done so. I hope to pop up to touratech in Seattle and catch one of the slide shows he does from time to time..

My real short term goal, more realistic for me, is the Backcountry Discovery Routes, UT, WA, or now, CO. Those seem within reach... of course doing day trips ... but nothing "great" yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to give props to a genuine pioneer, (IMHO), and I loved his "how to" DVD's too, some straight forward advice on those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. William Wallace
I'm working on that Bill... it's why I'm here. hardpackrider
hardpackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #63
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,026
I just saw Helge give a slide show at Ride West BMW here in Seattle and a couple of days later he was back with his latest bike and answered questions. Very impressive guy and his photos were stunning. Also very informative to listen to him talk about the bikes. I love Charlie and Ewan's shows, but they never made me want to buy a GS. Helge, on the other hand, has got me seriously thinking about the new water cooled GS!
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #64
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smallberries View Post
Is it a fair guess that "twat suit" is as unflattering in US English as Scottish? I guess I'll pull it off my Christmas list.
punk kid with a bad attitide.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #65
Britome
Get Free

Oddometer: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhendrik View Post
Like it or not, BMW should realize that those 2 guys probably sold more GS's than any other advertising. I know I got mine after seeing the videos and then rode all over Europe and into Republic of Georgia and back and I'm 63 and though I had no support vehicles or camera crews, if I had the $$$ I would have :)
Totally try for me and 5 others who jumped from Harley's after Long way round. Captured my imagination and blew me away.
Britome is offline   Reply With Quote