ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #376
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Anyone have tips for finding the Escape route from Trona to Coyote Canyon/Golar from the Trona side?

Just after airport take a right on Valley Wells Rd and then a left on Stockwell Mine Rd (when you come to the buildings). Ride it over the top and thru the rock garden and hang on west side of lake running south it will take you straight to Wingate and Coyote Canyon Rd which turns into Goler Wash and over Mengels to Striped Butte Valley, then onto Warm Springs Rd. Left on West Side Rd will take you almost all the way to FC.

Easy peasy, can't get lost.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #377
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post

Easy peasy, can't get lost.

Tell Danny G that...

Escape route is a good enough place to camp though.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #378
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Tell Danny G that...
g[/IMG]

The story of this route is a great one.

http://www.sierrasurvey.com/revision...rnando-no.html
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #379
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race View Post
This was my planned route on Thursday morning, but since Razr won't talk to me anymore because I'm on California Adventure Rider, I probably won't go.

just disagree on something or give an honest opinion and they will boot you out im sure. argue your point, stand up for your own beliefs, call someone a name etc etc.....
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #380
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
just disagree on something or give an honest opinion and they will boot you out im sure. argue your point, stand up for your own beliefs, call someone a name etc etc.....
I'm just a whore that's been used and cast aside. Oh the fucking shame that I feel inside. I don't know how I'm gonna move on, but I will go forward. I'm such a dick and a traitor and I feel terrible. Charles, I miss you. Please ride with me again.

I was thinking about going to church to change my ways and speak to a , but all he'll want to do is fondle and me, so I told the 'ol lady no church and I'm going riding next week with Razr and she said NOOOOO, he's going to try and you too. I said "that's OK, 'cause the last time I was at Furnace Creek with Razr I did all the fuckin" and perforated his colon and sent him to the hospital. That was the weekend of 4 or 5 flats and I'm still waitin on the boring video. I didn't think I was that rough and we even some more before we passed out in each others arms. But then he woke up in the middle of the night amidst all of my snoring and called 911. It's a good thing FC had cell service or my may not have made it home the following week. I felt bad that I couldn't help Razr but he made me drink too much and I couldn't help him. Hell, all of these FF's made me drink too much, or maybe it's just me with the problem?

OOPS...I thought this was Facebook and I was airing some daily horse shit that no one gives a fuck about.

Sorry, my bad
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #381
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,133
Yo Windrat, I'll be geting dropped off at Stovepipe and camping there. Thanks.

Things that go bump in the night have gotten outa hand, so to speak, since my last visit and too skeery for someone of my innocent nature .

Treadless screwed with this post 01-20-2013 at 10:23 PM
Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #382
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 3,982
Fixed the sticky throttle in the WR, so that one is back on.

I got the Ohlins installed last night on the pig and spent the day out on it. The front wheel is bent enough that anything on pavement over 65 vibrates pretty bad, so before I do any freeway miles on it again, it'll have to be sent to Woody.

Ah well, looking forward to this weekend!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #383
Lost Rider
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Fixed the sticky throttle in the WR, so that one is back on.

I got the Ohlins installed last night on the pig and spent the day out on it. The front wheel is bent enough that anything on pavement over 65 vibrates pretty bad, so before I do any freeway miles on it again, it'll have to be sent to Woody.

Ah well, looking forward to this weekend!
Good to hear you got it fixed.

Will be nice to hang out once again.
Good to see you're coming too luv2race.

I think some folks don't realize that in these Rally Threads there's folks coming from all over, many of whom that wisely don't waist their time with all the latest LA - BS, clicks, or general shit talking. Many people are good friends in here and love to show their love for each other in strange ways, then there's folks who just like the Jerry Springer type discussions and aren't peoples friend just kidding around. Hard to tell them apart if you're not into the BS, I try to not follow the latest too close.

Longrider, you talk too much, don't you have some closed trails to go ride and could you leave your crap out of the DV Daze thread at least? Plenty of places for you to voice your unasked opinion about anyone else around here far more appropriate.

My bike is about ready, heading out Wednesday to ride in, will look at the Escape Route on the way in a different light after reading more about it, thanks Rob.

-Finn

Can't wait!

LostRider.com
Old 01-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #384
luv2race
Confused

Quote:
I'll try to get out Wednesday if work allows, but Thursday as of now. Riding the 990 up 395, Trona, Escape route and maybe a night at Geo cabin (if Wednesday departure). I should be at FC Thursday sometime and just need a place to pass out. Anyone else riding up from Orange County Wednesday or Thursday morning early? I gotta head home early Saturday as it's my daughters 25th. I'll bring some spirits for all to enjoy
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #385
Lost Rider
Roadie

I'll send you a PM with my cell, maybe we could meet up in Trona if you roll wednesday. I'm coming on 14 and will jump off pavement when I feel like it depending on what time of day it is.

LostRider.com
Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #386
luv2race
Confused

Sounds good. I'll shoot for Wed and let you know tomorrow if I'm good and we can do the route NMBMN mentioned. I've read there is gas in Trona so I won't have to worry.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #387
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Good to hear you got it fixed.

Will be nice to hang out once again.

I think some folks don't realize that in these Rally Threads there's folks coming from all over, many of whom that wisely don't waist their time with all the latest LA - BS, clicks, or general shit talking. Many people are good friends in here and love to show their love for each other in strange ways, then there's folks who just like the Jerry Springer type discussions and aren't peoples friend just kidding around. Hard to tell them apart if you're not into the BS, I try to not follow the latest too close.

Longrider, you talk too much, don't you have some closed trails to go ride and could you leave your crap out of the DV Daze thread at least? Plenty of places for you to voice your unasked opinion about anyone else around here far more appropriate.

My bike is about ready, heading out Wednesday to ride in, will look at the Escape Route on the way in a different light after reading more about it, thanks Rob.

-Finn

Can't wait!

Yea I wasn't bashing anyone on adv. didn't we ride together last year noobs ride? Up to Briggs cabin, then up to the top in crazy wind? There was a guy on a husaberg that almost got blown off the mountain. Was that you? Why didnt you follow me up after you got the bike turned around? That was an awesome ride. Also I'm pretty sure it's just us bad guys going this weekend as the other Death Valley daze is the next weekend. Besides, I'll just use an alias screen name around the fire and just say I don't post to much. You must be a California adventure rider.

Off Limits screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 12:19 AM
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #388
pcvance
Masters Paint & Body

Oddometer: 4,091
Quote:

Great story Rob.

Thanks for the navigation tips too.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 AM   #389
almissoula
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Cool story mate.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #390
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 3,982
So as usual, I'm late in getting my reservations. Will I be too far from the "fun" if I'm in site 79?