ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #166
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ650Rider View Post
Hey, I've been riding bout 3 days now and I think I'd like to take part in this ride. Any chance of signing up??? Sounds like fun!!!

OK, enough of my demented sense of humor. Actually, my wife and I (AKA Ben's parents) are the food and beer haulers for this little adventure for the Saturday night hook-up at the Swell. We did this trip last spring and really enjoyed it. I've been a "stalker" for some time, simply reading all the various posts and enjoying the stories/info. I decided it was time to at least sign up and maybe jump in once in a while. We'll see how it goes . . .

Ben - re: our call . . . let me know.
Hey Dad,

Im sure everyone will be gentle

Thanks for the help it will make this a really fun ride for everyone.

Some pictures of gj650rider in action (those last three days on the bike you must have covered some miles.....)

Canyonlands ride from last year. Me, my dad and brother all did this ride last year and had a good time. The entire time we did not see another person out there. (Well there was that ONE guy. Nothing like a daisy sniffer in the middle of the wilderness)

COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #167
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166
Supplies

How is he going to carry all that food--beverages--extra gas on that bike??

Welcome
Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #168
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Hey, I've been riding bout 3 days now and I think I'd like to take part in this ride. Any chance of signing up??? Sounds like fun!!!

OK, enough of my demented sense of humor. Actually, my wife and I (AKA Ben's parents) are the food and beer haulers for this little adventure for the Saturday night hook-up at the Swell. We did this trip last spring and really enjoyed it. I've been a "stalker" for some time, simply reading all the various posts and enjoying the stories/info. I decided it was time to at least sign up and maybe jump in once in a while. We'll see how it goes . . .

Yes...Welcome and Howdy! Sure appreciate you two helping us out. Should be a blast.

We may be a bit hungry and parched by the time we get to the Swell, so please pardon, in advance, our likely lack of manners .

Hey Ben....you're not gonna be campin in a trailer the second night are ya?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #169
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,596
Quote:

GJ650Rider, Looking forward to meeting you and your wife and thanks for pitching in and making this ride a possibility. If you ever get doen to NM I'll do my best to show you some of our turf.

On another note, I found a deal on a 525exe I couldn't pass up, just got back from picking it up, looks like I'll be sportin orange for this ride

So now I have a really nice, tagged XR400 that I just went through literally end to end, nothing spared, frest motor, new plastics, fully dualsported with a 200W DC system, big tank etc etc. This was going to be my primary DS bike so it was built with my usual OCD attention to detail, it really didn't need much but that's how I am. If you guys know anyone who might be interested send 'em my way.

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Canyonlands Adventure Ride 2013 / 700 Miles of Scenic Utah Backcountry / VIDEOS
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #170
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166

PICS or it didn't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
GJ650Rider, Looking forward to meeting you and your wife and thanks for pitching in and making this ride a possibility. If you ever get doen to NM I'll do my best to show you some of our turf.

On another note, I found a deal on a 525exe I couldn't pass up, just got back from picking it up, looks like I'll be sportin orange for this ride

So now I have a really nice, tagged XR400 that I just went through literally end to end, nothing spared, frest motor, new plastics, fully dualsported with a 200W DC system, big tank etc etc. This was going to be my primary DS bike so it was built with my usual OCD attention to detail, it really didn't need much but that's how I am. If you guys know anyone who might be interested send 'em my way.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #171
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASY View Post
PICS or it didn't happen
You'll have to wait, it's at Ev's place, it wouldn't fit in may garage right now anyway. '07 w/ 60 hrs and still has orig tires

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... Holy Shit, what a ride!"
Old 01-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #172
burque magoo
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 5,193
Sounds like a sweet bike, Chris----can't wait to see it

burque magoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #173
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 663
Quote:

Congrats on the new ride! Sounds GREAT! Another little project for ya, but plenty of time.

What are you looking to get out of your XR? What year is it? How many owners and hours? Not that I need another bike, but ya never know.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #174
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,814
Quote:
You'll have to wait, it's at Ev's place, it wouldn't fit in may garage right now anyway. '07 w/ 60 hrs and still has orig tires
That's awesome Chris! Congrats on the new scoot!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #175
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hey Dad,

Im sure everyone will be gentle

Thanks for the help it will make this a really fun ride for everyone.

Some pictures of gj650rider in action (those last three days on the bike you must have covered some miles.....)

Canyonlands ride from last year. Me, my dad and brother all did this ride last year and had a good time. The entire time we did not see another person out there. (Well there was that ONE guy. Nothing like a daisy sniffer in the middle of the wilderness)

WTF! These guys look like the folks that parked in front of my house last year.....I'm going to the cops!
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #176
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylsmkj View Post
WTF! These guys look like the folks that parked in front of my house last year.....I'm going to the cops!
Haha damn holligans leaving trucks parked willy nilly

Thanks again for letting us leave the truck there!!
COXR650L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #177
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
What are you looking to get out of your XR? What year is it? How many owners and hours? Not that I need another bike, but ya never know.
It's a '97 that was stored most of it's life. Looking at the inside of the motor, I est it has about 2500 mi tops, zero wear on the cam and rockers (teltale on the AC hondas) and the cyl still had it's orig crosshatch from the factory hone. Only reason it came apart was the vg seals were old causing startup smoke. Replaced the piston & rings while I was in there just for S&G. It's got a few highly desirable unobtanium XR4 parts. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one with the tasty mods I've done and I'm pretty critical in that regard. $2200

Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #178
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,061
Welcome to the Asylum, Ben's Rents.
Thanks for helping the pack out.
RideFreak, you just couldn't help yourself, could ya?
Now I need to looking into a BigBore for my 450exc to keep up.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #179
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
RideFreak, you just couldn't help yourself, could ya?
Lots of orange coming to this party, I didn't want to showup underdressed

Old 01-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #180
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Lots of orange coming to this party, I didn't want to showup underdressed
That 525 RFS is a very sweet motor! Feels like the old air-cooled thumpers down low and like a modern 4t up top...great motors!
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote