ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #361
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,101
Anyone up for starting in the swell on Thursday and finishing on Saturday?

My lovely wife has a new job that is going to prevent her from getting out to Utah for an entire week. I would really like to be back on Monday. Also, I would really like to have somebody to split the gas costs from the front range.

So, anyone up for heading out from the front range on Wednesday, do the long hard way into Moab on Thursday, grab a room and hook up with the main group on Friday?

If I go this route, I will have a bunch of extra gas and water into my van to help with the campsite in the swell on Saturday.

Plan B would be to take the entire week off and spend the first part of the week at coral pink sand dunes in Utah. I've been itching to put a big paddle tire on my 300 and hit some big sand. If I do this, and have someone to split gas with, I would take the toy hauler.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #362
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 404
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make the ride so a spot is open. My spot is paid for. Would be great if I could get reimbursed for my sign up fee as money is tight. The Dr's are getting it all! Shoot me a PM if you want the spot. Have fun, looks like an epic ride.
hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #363
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmybuddy View Post
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make the ride so a spot is open. My spot is paid for. Would be great if I could get reimbursed for my sign up fee as money is tight. The Dr's are getting it all! Shoot me a PM if you want the spot. Have fun, looks like an epic ride.
Sorry you cant make it. Inmate justlookin will be joining us.
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #364
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,059
How many off-bike camp out nights will there be?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #365
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,852
Camping

3 days, 2 nights, One group is getting a hotel first night, supported camping the second. The other group will be camping off the bikes first night, supported camping the 2nd.

Ben, it was great riding with you and your Dad this weekend, thanks for showin us the Enduro Loop.

I appointed myself the unofficial Dubinke crash test dummy, here I am giving the CEO a first hand demostration of the product's durability

It passed with flying colors and looks new dispite my efforts.
RideFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #366
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Chris,

Likewise we both had a blast, it was good meeting everyone. I hope your foot heals up, I know my dad's foot was black and blue

I thought we may have one big crash test seminar as you were wheeling at me coming off that ledge It was a fun weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
3 days, 2 nights, One group is getting a hotel first night, supported camping the second. The other group will be camping off the bikes first night, supported camping the 2nd.

Ben, it was great riding with you and your Dad this weekend, thanks for showin us the Enduro Loop.

I appointed myself the unofficial Dubinke crash test dummy, here I am giving the CEO a first hand demostration of the product's durability

It passed with flying colors and looks new dispite my efforts.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #367
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

What group are the chile eaters in?

Quote:
Old 03-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #368
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
What group are the chile eaters in?
The orange group just kidding...Hotel Night 1/Supported Camping Night 2, beer drinking Night 3
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #369
AKASY
Noob

Oddometer: 2,166
Ride

Atomic--this is all based on leaving out of Moab. Assfault and I are doing the Kokopelli the day before, leaving out of Grand Junction. We will meet up with the main group at Moab--welcome to join us--even if you are riding Red
Old 03-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #370
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Quote:
The orange group just kidding...Hotel Night 1/Supported Camping Night 2, beer drinking Night 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASY View Post
Atomic--this is all based on leaving out of Moab. Assfault and I are doing the Kokopelli the day before, leaving out of Grand Junction. We will meet up with the main group at Moab--welcome to join us--even if you are riding Red
What is supported camping suppose to mean?

AKASY: What day are you riding the GJ to Moab route? Red? or possibly green?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #371
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:

It means we'll be able to drop off a few things (sleeping bag/small tent) with the Dubinke support crew for delivery to the second nite's camping spot in the Swell, at that loc there will be some BBQ, drink and a few gallons of fuel available too
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #372
AKASY
Noob

Koko

Quote:

From back in post one here was the plan:

Route:
-2nd Kokopelli trail from Rabbit Valley to Moab.
-3rd Lockhart basin from Moab, through the Needles district of Canyonlands National Park, and over Elephant Hill into Ruin Park.
-4th Over the Mante La Sal through Wooden Shoe Rd to Lake Powell, then up through the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park to the San Rafael Swell for BBQ and Beer. This will be a full day or riding.
-5th Back to Moab, via what ever route the groups wants. Either pavement, or from Green River through Dubinky Wells to Moab, or everyone can head home from there.

For whatever reason Assfault and I are the only ones riding the Koko. My plan is to get into GJ on 1 May and on the 2nd ride the Koko to Moab and join the rest of the group.
Sy
Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #373
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASY View Post
From back in post one here was the plan:

Route:
-2nd Kokopelli trail from Rabbit Valley to Moab.
-3rd Lockhart basin from Moab, through the Needles district of Canyonlands National Park, and over Elephant Hill into Ruin Park.
-4th Over the Mante La Sal through Wooden Shoe Rd to Lake Powell, then up through the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park to the San Rafael Swell for BBQ and Beer. This will be a full day or riding.
-5th Back to Moab, via what ever route the groups wants. Either pavement, or from Green River through Dubinky Wells to Moab, or everyone can head home from there.

For whatever reason Assfault and I are the only ones riding the Koko. My plan is to get into GJ on 1 May and on the 2nd ride the Koko to Moab and join the rest of the group.
Sy
What he said ^^
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM   #374
AtomicGeo
Chile Eater

Quote:
It means we'll be able to drop off a few things (sleeping bag/small tent) with the Dubinke support crew for delivery to the second nite's camping spot in the Swell, at that loc there will be some BBQ, drink and a few gallons of fuel available too
So that means there is only one night of camping with the first night in Moab at at motel? And that we would not have to self-haul our camping equipment for the third day of riding after the camping night?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #375
AKASY
Noob

Atomic

Quote:
So that means there is only one night of camping with the first night in Moab at at motel? And that we would not have to self-haul our camping equipment for the third day of riding after the camping night?

My plan is to let the sag haul my camping gear from Moab to the over night then put it on my bike from there out.

AKASY screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 07:07 PM
AKASY is offline   Reply With Quote