ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #406
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
This is Utah. I am going to stick to milk and cookies. Well, cookies anyway.

Hows the hand did you have surgery last week?
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #407
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Hows the hand did you have surgery last week?

The middle finger works OK for ADV, but it isn't very useful for most other daily tasks. Speech recognition in windows isn't too bad, once you learn all of the little quirks and shortcuts.

Yes, my wrist is manscapped underneath the wraps.

I get my sutures and heavy bandages removed on Wednesday, and start PT. I won't have a good idea on eligibility for this ride for a few more weeks.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #408
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 5,743
Quote:

The middle finger works OK for ADV, but it isn't very useful for most other daily tasks. Speech recognition in windows isn't too bad, once you learn all of the little quirks and shortcuts.

I get my sutures and heavy bandages removed on Wednesday, and start PT. I won't have a good idea on eligibility for this ride for a few more weeks.

Looks like you've been keeping the Medical Industrial Complex well funded. Heal Up!
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #409
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Oddometer: 670
Yeah...heal quick Hellsickle. Plenty of time before the ride.

Hey...when you guys rode the southern part of Enduro loop, where did you turn off toward Moab? Any tracks anyone could send me or is it in what Ben sent? We rode all of Enduro Loop last fall and found Big Drop to be a bit challenging.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #410
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post

Hey...when you guys rode the southern part of Enduro loop, where did you turn off toward Moab? Any tracks anyone could send me or is it in what Ben sent? We rode all of Enduro Loop last fall and found Big Drop to be a bit challenging.
If you head SE on the Enduro Loop from the main wash we parked where the trail crosses the second dirt road, about 7 miles SE from the main riding area. It's off Blue Hills Road about 5 miles from 191. From Blue hills road there's plenty of ways to connect up with areas to the south.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #411
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
If you head SE on the Enduro Loop from the main wash we parked where the trail crosses the second dirt road, about 7 miles SE from the main riding area. It's off Blue Hills Road about 5 miles from 191. From Blue hills road there's plenty of ways to connect up with areas to the south.
Got it. Thanks! I know Blue Hills Road. Thats sorta on the NE corner of Enduro Loop. For some reason I thought you guys headed to Moab from SE corner.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #412
dmac1
Desert SW Luvr

Quote:

What did they do to your middle finger? I thought you were getting carpal tunnel surgery?

Hopefully you're right handed. Makes for interesting writing if you have your dominant hand out of action. And some 'challenging' efforts in the bathroom .
Old 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #413
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,996
Quote:
What did they do to your middle finger? I thought you were getting carpal tunnel surgery?

Hopefully you're right handed. Makes for interesting writing if you have your dominant hand out of action. And some 'challenging' efforts in the bathroom .
I had a finger joint issue that required surgery. Since that had to be done, I chose to get the carpal tunnel surgery that I've been putting off for years. Yes, I am right handed. I hope to get the right wrist done next winter, minus the finger surgery.

Stitches out tomorrow with my first PT session.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #414
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:

Stitches out tomorrow with my first PT session.
My PT took place on 2 wheels in the San Juans

Street ride when the cast came off and went to a brace, singletrack when the brace came off. Doc was really surprised at the mobility I had relatively soon after the sugery

Since 2 wheels helped break it, it's only fitting that 2 wheels helped fix it.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #415
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
Quote:

Ya that was one of the most challenging sections out there. I am a little bummed though when I was out there with Ridefreak a week or so ago. I was waiting for the NM crew to get there and a ranger stopped and was telling us they are in the process of re-routing that section into several switch backs that traverses up the hillside. He said it was for erosion control, so I am glad they are putting the work it rather in just closing the trail, but at the same time I hate to see a cool technical section disappear.

On that note when we started riding it was on the new portion of single track for the enduro loop. As you enter the trail there is a sign from Ride With Respect saying this is the first new section of trail that BLM has "ever" allowed them to build and to please stay on the trail. Along the ENTIRE length of the new trail there were two bike tracks in the mud that were never on the trail, cutting every corner and even on the straights roosting 10 feet off the trail. Of course it was muddy when they rode though so it made it look really bad. It seems Moab BLM is finally starting to work with OHVs and then you see shit like this
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #416
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Sticker

Good thread over here about UT OHV stickers, if you're like me I always figured to fall back on my plate if stopped, never have been though. Since we'll be going through a good bit of CLNP and the rest UT BLM I just ordered an Out of State OHV sticker. I'd hate to get turned around somewhere in the middle of this ride for $30 plus it's going for a good cause!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #417
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
Ya that was one of the most challenging sections out there. I am a little bummed though when I was out there with Ridefreak a week or so ago. I was waiting for the NM crew to get there and a ranger stopped and was telling us they are in the process of re-routing that section into several switch backs that traverses up the hillside. He said it was for erosion control, so I am glad they are putting the work it rather in just closing the trail, but at the same time I hate to see a cool technical section disappear.

On that note when we started riding it was on the new portion of single track for the enduro loop. As you enter the trail there is a sign from Ride With Respect saying this is the first new section of trail that BLM has "ever" allowed them to build and to please stay on the trail. Along the ENTIRE length of the new trail there were two bike tracks in the mud that were never on the trail, cutting every corner and even on the straights roosting 10 feet off the trail. Of course it was muddy when they rode though so it made it look really bad. It seems Moab BLM is finally starting to work with OHVs and then you see shit like this
That was a nice trail, thanks for showin us
Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #418
mylsmkj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:

Sadly, and rightfully big drops is getting rerouted (I did make it up once though and walked my bike over half the time down). This thread had me laughing like crazy.
mylsmkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #419
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
My PT took place on 2 wheels in the San Juans

Street ride when the cast came off and went to a brace, singletrack when the brace came off. Doc was really surprised at the mobility I had relatively soon after the sugery

Since 2 wheels helped break it, it's only fitting that 2 wheels helped fix it.
Now hold on there, Chris. I seem to recall your "on trail rehab" interfering with a certain section of Poughkeepsie Gulch.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #420
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Now hold on there, Chris. I seem to recall your "on trail rehab" interfering with a certain section of Poughkeepsie Gulch.
That was 20min into the first tharapy session and I was headed up the gulch. It sure hurt like hell on those babyheads