Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
Jamm OP
Old man on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 215
Need Bestrest light guard help or instructions

Hey guys,

I bought a used Bestrest light guard and was going to install it today. It didn't come with instructions and although it is a pretty simple design I am having issues and am not sure I got all the parts.

This is the assembled bracket (interior side).

In all the pictures I've seen the head of the bolts go towards the inside as shown in my pic (they actually arrived bolted together) but they do not let the plate sit flat against the mounting bracket. The distance from the tang to the bolt heads is shorter that the width of the light mount hence, I think I'm missing something or just plain stupid .

Does anyone know if the kit comes with a spacer/washer that goes between the bracket and mount? Does the kit come with a longer bolt?

If someone has a set of instruction laying around can you scan and send me a copy? Otherwise I have to wait until Monday and talk to Bestrest .

Thanks
Jamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
cchoc
Outdoor Photographer

Oddometer: 203
I don't have this kind of guard but the Bestrest site references this thread which shows some pictures of the installed version. Maybe you could PM the OP and see if they know the answer.
cchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
Jamm OP
Old man on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 215
Thanks Dave

I want to give Dave at Bestrest Products kudos for great customer service. I emailed the company stating that I bought their product second hand and it wouldn't fit my bike. Within hours I received a response giving me dimensions of the pieces and a request for pics.

I sent out the pics with actual measurements and was told the bracket was fabricated incorrectly (I wonder why the previous owner didn't tell me it didn't fit prior to the sell? ). I was also told new brackets were being sent to me free of charge.

I think that's great customer service when a company fixes a problem for someone other than the original purchaser.

Thanks again Dave, you have my business in the future!
Jamm is offline   Reply With Quote