User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
The Killstar OP
Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer: 304
Austin Crash Pad

Not sure if this is the place to ask (or even if it is bad form to do so) but I will possibly be moving to Austin, TX after the New Year, and am looking for a room to rent for a couple of months until I can get my girlfriend and dogfriends out from Virginia.

If there are any fine ADVers in the greater Austin area that have a guestroom that is going unused and could use a bit of extra scratch every month, I'd rather shack up somewhere motorcycle friendly than not.

I am moving for work (I'm a service manager at a garage door distributor,) don't smoke, and will be working MOST of the day. I know it is a long shot, but I also know that ADVRider is a weirdly supportive internet community, so even if you don't have a spare room, if you know someone who does, please pass on the info.

THANKS guys, and hopefully I'll be seeing you on the road in the next couple of months!
"Absolutely! If we didn't like visually beautiful bikes we'd all ride V-Stroms or something." - Av8rPaul
The Killstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
gatorgrizz27
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Room in Austin

Hey man,

I'd be interested in talking with you about renting out one of our rooms for a bit. I moved here with a buddy from Tallahassee back in August, and we have a 3 bedroom house. We are on the northwest side of town, off of Lake Creek Parkway if you want to look it up. It is a good area of the city, and about 15 minutes from downtown without traffic. With rush hour traffic though, it can take about an hour. If you haven't heard, rush hour in Austin sucks.

I run a small motorcycle repair shop out of our 2 car garage, so there's not a lot of storage space available, but enough to stick a bike in. Our rent is $1295 a month, so a room would go for right around $400. It is more fun in terms of entertainment and stuff being closer to downtown, but has gotten expensive. A decent 1 br apartment will go for about $1000 a month.

My roommate is a good friend of mine, and we are both laid back and easy to get along with, but he is skeptical about having another roommate since he has only lived with family and close friends before. If we seem to get along fine I'm sure he would be ok with it for a short term setup. FYI we are both younger guys, I'm 24 and he is 21. Anyways, give me a call at 512-878-3079 if you'd like to talk about it.

Good luck man, Austin is a great place to live.
gatorgrizz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
The Killstar OP
Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer: 304
Hey thanks for the reply! What you described sounds about exactly what I'm looking for. Like I said above, I won't be moving until after the new year. (I haven't officially been given the job, but they did tell the other guy in the running he didn't get it. It's a lateral move in my company, so its not like I'll be starting brand new when I get there)

I will actually be in Austin next week to see our shop there, and if you're up for it, I'd be happy to stop by for a chat.
"Absolutely! If we didn't like visually beautiful bikes we'd all ride V-Stroms or something." - Av8rPaul
The Killstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
gatorgrizz27
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Sounds good, give me a call and I should be able to meet you somewhere. I fly out on the 19 for Christmas.
gatorgrizz27 is offline   Reply With Quote