ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Where do you want to ride on NYD in MS?
Meridian Route (backroads from Brandon to Meridian and back) 1 5.56%
Trophy's D2C (Dirt to Coast, turn around near Hattiesburg and head back) 2 11.11%
MS Hill Country Trail 1/2 (Brandon to Winona and back) 3 16.67%
Bienville NF route 0 0%
Lorman / Port Gibson / SW MS route 0 0%
Levee Ride 0 0%
Piece Something Together... 1 5.56%
Other / Not listed (post your idea below) 0 0%
Do donuts in Trophy's yard for a few hours.... 6 33.33%
I'm with you fellers... 9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #46
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
What's the plan, trail boss?
Thought you were planning this one?

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #47
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,191
Somebody just tell me where to be and what time to be there. If you could give me until 8:30 that would be great, but 8:00 will work.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #48
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Somebody just tell me where to be and what time to be there. If you could give me until 8:30 that would be great, but 8:00 will work.
I guess PBTP will be the meeting place since we wrote of H&S for slow cooking...

I am working on a route or two in case no one steps forward..
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #49
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
I guess PBTP will be the meeting place since we wrote of H&S for slow cooking...

I am working on a route or two in case no one steps forward..

How far you fellers wanting to ride? I can look at a few routes and modify as needed. Also, we talking anything goes here (rough roads, creek crossings, trails, etc...), or do we want to keep it easy?
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #50
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
How far you fellers wanting to ride? I can look at a few routes and modify as needed. Also, we talking anything goes here (rough roads, creek crossings, trails, etc...), or do we want to keep it easy?
1) all day, if your delicate petals don t wilt

2) have we ever taken it easy?

I was working on updating my Meridian route just in case no one stepped forward... found a few new roads.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #51
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
1) all day, if your delicate petals don t wilt

2) have we ever taken it easy?

I was working on updating my Meridian route just in case no one stepped forward... found a few new roads.

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I should be good. I'm on medication that will keep me from alcohol consumption for about 20 days, so I won't be hung over as usual.

I have a few routes if we need to take them. Two go to the Big Black area, and one continues on to Kings crossing, lunch in V-Burg, then down south to Rodney. 323 mile day mixed. Other goes back to Big Black area after lunch heading toward flowers then back roads across to PBTP, 266 mi day.

I'm good with the Meridian route too, have not ridden that area as much as Big Black and south.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #52
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
I should be good. I'm on medication that will keep me from alcohol consumption for about 20 days, so I won't be hung over as usual.

I have a few routes if we need to take them. Two go to the Big Black area, and one continues on to Kings crossing, lunch in V-Burg, then down south to Rodney. 323 mile day mixed. Other goes back to Big Black area after lunch heading toward flowers then back roads across to PBTP, 266 mi day.

I'm good with the Meridian route too, have not ridden that area as much as Big Black and south.
If the weather wasn't so gloomy and rainy, I was going to pre ride part of my route just in case and because I have nothing better to do this afternoon...

Maybe I should take the Jeep...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 12-23-2012 at 08:38 AM
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #53
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
How far you fellers wanting to ride? I can look at a few routes and modify as needed. Also, we talking anything goes here (rough roads, creek crossings, trails, etc...), or do we want to keep it easy?
I'm up for anything that won't stop me from riding the bike back home

As for distance, I've got good lights and don't plan on being home at any particular time.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #54
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,191
Also, one thing that always bites us in the ass on NYD is food. Seems that the restaurant we want is never open. As we finalize the destination, perhaps somebody should call and see if the best soul food/catfish house/italian/mexican place is going to be open.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #55
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Also, one thing that always bites us in the ass on NYD is food. Seems that the restaurant we want is never open. As we finalize the destination, perhaps somebody should call and see if the best soul food/catfish house/italian/mexican place is going to be open.
Trophy said to tell too:

"Since you got all the answers, you make the route, bitch!!"
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Trophy said to tell too:

"Since you got all the answers, you make the route, bitch!!"
This isn't ADVJeeper.com .

EDIT: Who's driving that thing anyway? Are you surfing ADV and driving?
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
This isn't ADVJeeper.com .

EDIT: Who's driving that thing anyway? Are you surfing ADV and driving?
Put the bottle down... I'm helping re attach the dash to Dakar that was about to lose the whole pod....

sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #58
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Don't believe everything others say about me. The statement was BW's, I just added the last word in the sentence, for emphasis.


On a good note, I have two perfectly functioning bikes in the garage again.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #59
backwoodsKLR OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Don't believe everything others say about me. The statement was BW's, I just added the last word in the sentence, for emphasis.


On a good note, I have two perfectly functioning bikes in the garage again, bitches!!
FTFY!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #60
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Don't believe everything others say about me. The statement was BW's, I just added the last word in the sentence, for emphasis.


On a good note, I have two perfectly functioning bikes in the garage again.
If I believed everything others said about you I'd think you were a delicate little flower who crashes a lot.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014