ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #46
WERA456
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WERA456's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
Oddometer: 203
It sounds like my kind of ride just a little too late in the summer. If any of you want to give a GA boy an abbreviated tour I would love to meet up and ride with like missed riders. I should be up there most of June and July.
WERA456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
It sounds like my kind of ride just a little too late in the summer. If any of you want to give a GA boy an abbreviated tour I would love to meet up and ride with like missed riders. I should be up there most of June and July.
I'm over in Idaho and am always up for a ride. Keep in touch when we get a little closer.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Timmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Burien, WA
Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
It sounds like my kind of ride just a little too late in the summer. If any of you want to give a GA boy an abbreviated tour I would love to meet up and ride with like missed riders. I should be up there most of June and July.
The high country of the Macgruder, Lolo Motorway, and the Gravellies generally don't open until late July. You would be able to ride the paved Lolo Pass route and the other lower altitude roads.
__________________
Tim in Burien, WA
'05 R1200GS '03 F650GS
'08 WR250R
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #49
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,670
When they open depends a lot on the winter. Dec. had above average snow and Jan was 30% below average. State wide the snow depth is from 75% to 125% of normal. The next 2 months will determine when we can get into the mountains.

Magruder will probably be late this year because they had some bad fires last summer along the road. There will be lots of down trees. The Forest Circus doesn't clear roads like they use to. It will be late summer before Magruder is open. We will have to keep checking with the FS or bring a saw.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #50
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Timmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Burien, WA
Oddometer: 2,301
For those in the Seattle area, Steve (Stoneageman) and I will be presenting a slide show about our 2012 trip at Ride West on Lake City Way in North Seattle at 7pm on Thursday, 2/21/13. $10 at the door will get you pizza and pop. Contact Ride West for a reservation.

Some of my summer plans have changed and it might be possible for me to reschedule the proposed 2013 ride to the last week in July (weather conditions permitting). Is there any interest in rescheduling or would you like to continue with the 2nd week in August?

Just reviewing the slides from last year's trip really increased the enthusiasm for doing the 2013 version. Stay tuned. . .
__________________
Tim in Burien, WA
'05 R1200GS '03 F650GS
'08 WR250R
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #51
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman
 
Danodemotoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Graham WA
Oddometer: 251
Continue existing ride dates.
Hard for me to reschedule other commitments.

[QUOTE]
Some of my summer plans have changed and it might be possible for me to reschedule the proposed 2013 ride to the last week in July (weather conditions permitting). Is there any interest in rescheduling or would you like to continue with the 2nd week in August?
__________________
Yo ho,yo ho it's a bikers life for me
Danodemotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels
 
Wansfel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Oddometer: 1,043
Either date could work for me. Aug maybe a little better - spread out the riding some.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,670
Just make sure you set the firm date before too long. Rides are being planned and dates taken so we need to put in on the calendar.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #54
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Timmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Burien, WA
Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
Just make sure you set the firm date before too long. Rides are being planned and dates taken so we need to put in on the calendar.
Here's are firm dates for everyone's planning (no change from earlier):

Start in Kamiah, ID on Sunday 8/11 - Finish in Elk City, ID Saturday 8/17

The above is subject to forest and weather conditions.

WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's.

More details about the route will come later, but it will generally follow last year's route, but in reverse.

Continue to stay tuned and spread the word . . .
__________________
Tim in Burien, WA
'05 R1200GS '03 F650GS
'08 WR250R
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #55
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels
 
Wansfel's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Bitterroot Valley
Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
...WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's. . . .
And I'm still working...maybe some kind inmate from the Bozeman group would be willing to truck up a bike and some gas and ride a couple of days in exchange for some human liquid exchange and really great company?
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NE Oregon
Oddometer: 5,204
OK, Sounds Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
Here's are firm dates for everyone's planning (no change from earlier):

Start in Kamiah, ID on Sunday 8/11 - Finish in Elk City, ID Saturday 8/17

The above is subject to forest and weather conditions.

WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's.

More details about the route will come later, but it will generally follow last year's route, but in reverse.

Continue to stay tuned and spread the word . . .
OK, sounds great, I will arrive a day early to Kamiah and visit my friends the Tuckers...if they are home.

I assume we just bring what we need for the trip, or is there something we contribute to the group?

Phil
__________________
"In Wallowas"
====================
2007 R1200GS Adventure " ...to explore off-road, alone in my case, way out in the boonies...that feeds the soul!"
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #57
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Lewiston,ID
Oddometer: 1,670
I have a 200 mile range and can bring a 2 gallon Rotopax for extra fuel if anyone needs it.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #58
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Timmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Burien, WA
Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
OK, sounds great, I will arrive a day early to Kamiah and visit my friends the Tuckers...if they are home.

I assume we just bring what we need for the trip, or is there something we contribute to the group?

Phil
Just bring what you want for yourself. If you are riding with others that you know, you may want to consider not duplicating certain items like tools.

I'll be camped somewhere near Kamiah on Sat night at a location TBD. I'm open to suggestions. I know there is camping at the L&C Motel. The Konkelville motel in Orofino is very m/c friendly.
__________________
Tim in Burien, WA
'05 R1200GS '03 F650GS
'08 WR250R
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Timmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Burien, WA
Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
For those in the Seattle area, Steve (Stoneageman) and I will be presenting a slide show about our 2012 trip at Ride West on Lake City Way in North Seattle at 7pm on Thursday, 2/21/13. $10 at the door will get you pizza and pop. Contact Ride West for a reservation.

Just reviewing the slides from last year's trip really increased the enthusiasm for doing the 2013 version. Stay tuned. . .
The presentation at RW went very well. Several riders wanted to start riding tomorrow!
__________________
Tim in Burien, WA
'05 R1200GS '03 F650GS
'08 WR250R
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #60
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer
 
dammitdave's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Oddometer: 1,189
Thanks Timmer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
The presentation at RW went very well. Several riders wanted to start riding tomorrow!
That went well, indeed! Planning starts tomorrow! I didn't want to do the Magruder again but after seeing the photos... AND the Graviliey's....oh yeah, I'm in! dd
__________________
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014