ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #46
WERA456
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
It sounds like my kind of ride just a little too late in the summer. If any of you want to give a GA boy an abbreviated tour I would love to meet up and ride with like missed riders. I should be up there most of June and July.
WERA456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
It sounds like my kind of ride just a little too late in the summer. If any of you want to give a GA boy an abbreviated tour I would love to meet up and ride with like missed riders. I should be up there most of June and July.
I'm over in Idaho and am always up for a ride. Keep in touch when we get a little closer.
sorebutt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456 View Post
The high country of the Macgruder, Lolo Motorway, and the Gravellies generally don't open until late July. You would be able to ride the paved Lolo Pass route and the other lower altitude roads.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #49
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

When they open depends a lot on the winter. Dec. had above average snow and Jan was 30% below average. State wide the snow depth is from 75% to 125% of normal. The next 2 months will determine when we can get into the mountains.

Magruder will probably be late this year because they had some bad fires last summer along the road. There will be lots of down trees. The Forest Circus doesn't clear roads like they use to. It will be late summer before Magruder is open. We will have to keep checking with the FS or bring a saw.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #50
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

For those in the Seattle area, Steve (Stoneageman) and I will be presenting a slide show about our 2012 trip at Ride West on Lake City Way in North Seattle at 7pm on Thursday, 2/21/13. $10 at the door will get you pizza and pop. Contact Ride West for a reservation.

Some of my summer plans have changed and it might be possible for me to reschedule the proposed 2013 ride to the last week in July (weather conditions permitting). Is there any interest in rescheduling or would you like to continue with the 2nd week in August?

Just reviewing the slides from last year's trip really increased the enthusiasm for doing the 2013 version. Stay tuned. . .
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #51
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
Continue existing ride dates.
Hard for me to reschedule other commitments.

[QUOTE]
Some of my summer plans have changed and it might be possible for me to reschedule the proposed 2013 ride to the last week in July (weather conditions permitting). Is there any interest in rescheduling or would you like to continue with the 2nd week in August?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,043
Either date could work for me. Aug maybe a little better - spread out the riding some.
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Just make sure you set the firm date before too long. Rides are being planned and dates taken so we need to put in on the calendar.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #54
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
Just make sure you set the firm date before too long. Rides are being planned and dates taken so we need to put in on the calendar.
Here's are firm dates for everyone's planning (no change from earlier):

Start in Kamiah, ID on Sunday 8/11 - Finish in Elk City, ID Saturday 8/17

The above is subject to forest and weather conditions.

WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's.

More details about the route will come later, but it will generally follow last year's route, but in reverse.

Continue to stay tuned and spread the word . . .
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 02-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #55
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
...WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's. . . .
And I'm still working...maybe some kind inmate from the Bozeman group would be willing to truck up a bike and some gas and ride a couple of days in exchange for some human liquid exchange and really great company?
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #56
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,204
OK, Sounds Good

Quote:
Here's are firm dates for everyone's planning (no change from earlier):

Start in Kamiah, ID on Sunday 8/11 - Finish in Elk City, ID Saturday 8/17

The above is subject to forest and weather conditions.

WANSFEL is working on the gas supply issue to provide us 2 days in the Gravelly's.

More details about the route will come later, but it will generally follow last year's route, but in reverse.

Continue to stay tuned and spread the word . . .
OK, sounds great, I will arrive a day early to Kamiah and visit my friends the Tuckers...if they are home.

I assume we just bring what we need for the trip, or is there something we contribute to the group?

Phil
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #57
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

I have a 200 mile range and can bring a 2 gallon Rotopax for extra fuel if anyone needs it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #58
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
OK, sounds great, I will arrive a day early to Kamiah and visit my friends the Tuckers...if they are home.

I assume we just bring what we need for the trip, or is there something we contribute to the group?

Phil
Just bring what you want for yourself. If you are riding with others that you know, you may want to consider not duplicating certain items like tools.

I'll be camped somewhere near Kamiah on Sat night at a location TBD. I'm open to suggestions. I know there is camping at the L&C Motel. The Konkelville motel in Orofino is very m/c friendly.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 02-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
For those in the Seattle area, Steve (Stoneageman) and I will be presenting a slide show about our 2012 trip at Ride West on Lake City Way in North Seattle at 7pm on Thursday, 2/21/13. $10 at the door will get you pizza and pop. Contact Ride West for a reservation.

Just reviewing the slides from last year's trip really increased the enthusiasm for doing the 2013 version. Stay tuned. . .
The presentation at RW went very well. Several riders wanted to start riding tomorrow!
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #60
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Thanks Timmer!

Quote:
The presentation at RW went very well. Several riders wanted to start riding tomorrow!
That went well, indeed! Planning starts tomorrow! I didn't want to do the Magruder again but after seeing the photos... AND the Graviliey's....oh yeah, I'm in! dd
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote