ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
tearapin OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 44
Airhead or Airhead motor Cad drawing

I am looking for a Cad or line drawing of an Airhead or airhead motor. I googled but can't find any. I would like it to print out at 12 inches by 12 inches minimum

Any help would be appreciated. I want to make a gift for someone.
tearapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
robsmoto
Motorcycleton
 
robsmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Oddometer: 328
The picture below might not be exactly what you are seeking. But I found, somewhere, a larger (11"x14" or there about) image which I have "garage framed" (mounted on a piece of plywood with a piece of plexiglass overtop). The picture is mounted to a wall in my garage. It was some inspiration during the time when my 77RS was apart and slowly being put back together.



Below is another image of the type 247 boxer motor

robsmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Carl
,,,
 
Carl's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Location: South Tejas
Oddometer: 759
Your googling needs a tune-up:

Here

Here

Here

Carl
__________________
http://www.flyingtpot.com/

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
tearapin OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Your googling needs a tune-up:

Here

Here

Here

Carl
I saw the Ketchum.org site during my Googling. As far as I can see these images are averaging 800 pixels which equates to 2.6 inches. While I appreciate your effort 2.6 inches is not 12 inches. If you make an 800 pixel image print at 12 inches it will be very fuzzy. Hence the reason for specifying 12 inches.

Tune up that reading comprehension.
tearapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
tearapin OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsmoto View Post
The picture below might not be exactly what you are seeking. But I found, somewhere, a larger (11"x14" or there about) image which I have "garage framed" (mounted on a piece of plywood with a piece of plexiglass overtop). The picture is mounted to a wall in my garage. It was some inspiration during the time when my 77RS was apart and slowly being put back together.
w is another image of the type 247 boxer motor
Thanks.
tearapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico
 
Airhead Wrangler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Back in Seattle, FINALLY
Oddometer: 6,426
http://animatedpiston.com/

Don't miss the 'engine strip' button. This is line art and should be scalable. You might have to contact the owner though. Right click on it and you can zoom in all you want. How you can save it and capture a still off of it I'm not sure.
__________________
R80ST Gets The HPN Treatment
Seattle to TDF on an airhead

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.

Airhead Wrangler screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 11:34 AM
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Carl
,,,
 
Carl's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2001
Location: South Tejas
Oddometer: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by tearapin View Post
I saw the Ketchum.org site during my Googling. As far as I can see these images are averaging 800 pixels which equates to 2.6 inches. While I appreciate your effort 2.6 inches is not 12 inches. If you make an 800 pixel image print at 12 inches it will be very fuzzy. Hence the reason for specifying 12 inches.

Tune up that reading comprehension.
I can do the math and my reading comprehension is just fine.

It is known as you were given a start on where to find them. Then email the site owners and they generally have the high-res original scans. I scored a batch by doing so. I'd post them if I had them w/ me at this time. A little bit of homework goes a long way.

Carl
__________________
http://www.flyingtpot.com/

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #8
Flood
F5lood.
 
Flood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Austria
Oddometer: 10,161
Use the ignore function if you can't play together, people.

Crap removed.
__________________
TEAM F5

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #9
tearapin OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2012
Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
I can do the math and my reading comprehension is just fine.

It is known as you were given a start on where to find them. Then email the site owners and they generally have the high-res original scans. I scored a batch by doing so. I'd post them if I had them w/ me at this time. A little bit of homework goes a long way.

Carl
Looking forward to those posts.
tearapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #10
Big Bamboo
Aircooled & Sunbaked
 
Big Bamboo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Oddometer: 3,310
Phil Hawksley's website has a few engine drawings, not sure if they are CAD, though... http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/mechanicalp...mechanical.htm
Big Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014