Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #61
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
To leave zero doubt that you understand manometers? None of the tools you showed are manometers.
Do you really think repeating yourself many times makes your argument valid? It just makes you look like the Azzhat that you are.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #62
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,461
Quote:
To leave zero doubt that you understand manometers? None of the tools you showed are manometers. A manometer has at least two tubes. Even the Uni-syn doesn't compare pressures in real time like most would define a manometer. I try to back up my claims by making sense. Something a LOT of documentors and linkers need to focus on a lot more IMO. Maybe an explanation of how measuring one pressure at a time is still considered a manometer versus comparing pressures in real time like every manometer I have ever seen referred to as a manometer? Is that the difference between a barometer and a manometer? Links? Documentation? That's google talk. There's no need for it when you make sense. Tons of googlers use photos, links and documents to NOT make sense so I would think that would reduce your need for them? It sure does reduce my need to see any. I could care less.
are you sure about that?
I'll give you a chance to take it back...

unlike you I'll back up what I post....
_cy_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #63
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,248
The settting of just off stumble on the way in is the one that gets you the best mixture, and also off idle the fasted - just off stumble on the way out, or fastest tickover, give the wrong mixture, if you believe the Colourtune.

But these techniques / settings were not really offered as optimum , just as something which would work well enough that the OP could tell if he has a equipment or a technique fault.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #64
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,287
I see. Setting the screws there on a lot of bikes will get you a big cough blipping the throttle and a whole lot of backfiring on decel. I find that most bikes accelerate quickest just an RCH richer than half way between the stumble points. Some just a RCH leaner. A lot of it depending on what needle jet you are running.
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #65
Carl

Oddometer: 754
Quote:
I see. Setting the screws there on a lot of bikes will get you a big cough blipping the throttle and a whole lot of backfiring on decel. I find that most bikes accelerate quickest just an *** richer than half way between the stumble points. Some just a *** leaner. A lot of it depending on what needle jet you are running.
There are ladies that read and participate in this forum. Be a man and leave the potty mouth in the toilet.

Carl

Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #66
Beemerboff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,248
Weakness as the throttle is opened is a sign that the slide return spring is too weak.

The latter carb springs have a different number, and are noticeably stronger than the early ones - I have them in all my bikes.
Or your local SU carb stockist will have a choice of around eight springs to play with.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #67
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
To leave zero doubt that you understand manometers? None of the tools you showed are manometers. A manometer has at least two tubes. Even the Uni-syn doesn't compare pressures in real time like most would define a manometer. I try to back up my claims by making sense. Something a LOT of documentors and linkers need to focus on a lot more IMO. Maybe an explanation of how measuring one pressure at a time is still considered a manometer versus comparing pressures in real time like every manometer I have ever seen referred to as a manometer? Is that the difference between a barometer and a manometer? Links? Documentation? That's google talk. There's no need for it when you make sense. Tons of googlers use photos, links and documents to NOT make sense so I would think that would reduce your need for them? It sure does reduce my need to see any. I could care less.
lets see who's right ... none of my instruments posted in this thread are manometers.

this is from a post dated from 11-7 last year ... none of this is from google and all pic's below are from tools that I own. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=351 after doing 500+ carbs, don't think I need google to tell me how carbs work.

no name calling necessary ... let everyone judge on evidence supplied. just because you proclaim it, doesn't make it true. why do you think folks are all time posting ... pic's or it didn't happen....

SS feel free to backup what you say... I did..

hmmm.. why does this tool say, Digital Manometer?

hmmm... why does instructions call this tool a precision dial manaometer?

--------------

carbs being balanced by a 20+ year old Unisyn flow tool

here's how you use the Unisyn...

1. place flat end with foam on end of carb to seal airflow at desired RPM (idle first)
2. rotate venturi disc in center until red puck floats in middle zone
3. place unisyn tool on other carb without changing RPM or venturi disc settings
4. red puck will show flow differences. adjust accordingly.

when red puck floats at same position for all carbs at same RPM... carbs are flowing at same rate.
this doesn't cover idle jet adjustments which needs to be done after initial balance
then balance needs to be checked again at idle and mid range RPM. or at multiple points if desired.

fuel mixture can be checked by spark plug readings, multi-gas analyzer, or a special plug with a window to peek into combustion chamber called color tune.

Color Tune... note special window that allows viewing into combustion chamber. complete combustion makes a blue flame

here's what was state of the art in digital manometers and old fashion mercury version.

Last edited by _cy_; 11

_cy_ screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 03:56 PM
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
lets see who's right ... none of my instruments posted in this thread are manometers.

this is from a post dated from 11-7 last year ... none of this is from google and all pic's below are from tools that I own.
Wake up, Cy. Super has no interest in any data or facts. His butt dyno trumps all. He has been repeatedly proven dead wrong many times. It makes no difference to him. He is essentially a contrarian. Without controversy, he has no meaning or significance whatever. Why? Just look under his name on the left in every post. "because I can"!!!
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #69
Big Bamboo
Aircooled & Sunbaked

Oddometer: 2,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cy_ View Post
Sorry _cy_, unless we see videos, it never happened! (just kidding) Nice tools, BTW
Big Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #70
supershaft
because I can

There. Now I see a manometer. Digital manometer? Manometers with gauges? A manometer is kin to a barometer. Basically they are differential barometers. Not a diaphram or whatnot with a gauge attached to it. Sure, companies call there gadgets that mimic manometers manometers but that doesn't make them manometers any more than calling a french fry a french fry makes them French. I could document all sorts of misnamed crap but that doesn't make it right. Sorry but a manometer is two or more tubes with liquid in them that measures pressure differentials, not the latest electronic sync tool. Those are electronic sync tools, or pressure gauges, not manometers. I know, not every dictionary is going to agree with me but I bet most with experience with all the above make the same distictions as I do and for good reasons. You guys go ahead and call anything that measures pressure a manometer and I will stick with my group that is a tad more specific. Gosh. Carl and Dr.T, you guys are making me proud!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #71
bushyb OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerboff View Post
The settting of just off stumble on the way in is the one that gets you the best mixture, and also off idle the fasted - just off stumble on the way out, or fastest tickover, give the wrong mixture, if you believe the Colourtune.

But these techniques / settings were not really offered as optimum , just as something which would work well enough that the OP could tell if he has a equipment or a technique fault.
Thanks photo test.

bushyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #72
supershaft
because I can

That's what I was talking about. Sometimes that tab needs adjusting.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #73
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
That's what I was talking about. Sometimes that tab needs adjusting.
SS ... I see you don't mind using other folks pic's, yet you've never posted one of your own.

by the way when it's plain as the nose on your face... it's OK to admit you are wrong... it's OK .. really

the offer for a free easy to use camera is still good... pic's or it didn't happen!
Old 12-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #74
cas.vanderwoude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
I see. ... just an RCH richer than half way between the stumble points. Some just a RCH leaner.
sigh...
cas.vanderwoude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,412
I see a spot or two, I should buff that Rub'n'Buff.....!Off the camera....!