User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #16
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,206

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

Seriously, let it friggin snow. A little bit around Christmas wouldn't bother me at all.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,462
Merry Christmas

09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
LittleMac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Merry Christmas everyone !!!!
LittleMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #19
2kool2be4gotten
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
It is good to be Santa...

18L tank for my LC4e and a Scotts Damper under my tree - doesn't get much better than that!

Merry Christmas to all and happy riding in 2013
Old 12-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #20
tat2
where's ya too?

Oddometer: 101
Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #21
sherpaguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
green glow

May the green glow of your battery tenders greet you as you go to the stables to wish your real riding mates Merry Christmas!!

sherpaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #22
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,739
Merry Christmas and best wishes for epic rides in 2013!
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #23
garry_kramer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJamie View Post

Seriously, let it friggin snow. A little bit around Christmas wouldn't bother me at all.
You can have some of our 16" snow. We have had snow since Oct 31st.

Merry Christmas to all and a SAFE and Happy New Year!

Garry
2012 KLR650
garry_kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by McJamie View Post

It's snowing heavily here in Chemainus right now - we're having a white Christmas after all. Best wishes to everyone. Think I'll shuffle out to the heated garage and polish another part on the Beemer. Cowgirl - I hope you are enjoying your time on the Mainland - I live here but work there so I can say that living here is where it's at but that place can be enjoyable too.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #25
KilgoreTrout
adventure flyfisher

Oddometer: 353
Thumb

Feliz Navidad and may you have the Best Of Rides in the New Year.........
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #26
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Laugh Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd View Post
It's snowing heavily here in Chemainus right now - we're having a white Christmas after all. Best wishes to everyone. Think I'll shuffle out to the heated garage and polish another part on the Beemer. Cowgirl - I hope you are enjoying your time on the Mainland - I live here but work there so I can say that living here is where it's at but that place can be enjoyable too.
My in-laws from Chemainus are visiting us in Calgary right now... they saw the forecast and shuddered as they are leaving tomorrow to head home by Thursday night. Granted, we are -20C (-32C with the windchill) right now in Calgary, but still... after living in Victoria for a couple of years, I know what snowfall can do to the roads (and drivers!)

My Christmas present to myself: After two years of storage (two young kids = no time + electrical issues), I just got my 640 back from a friend. He took two weeks to sort out a few things - he redid most of the electrical, using heavier gauge wire (for vehicles) and put a multitude of items on separate circuits so it is easier to troubleshoot, including the lights: running, HID low, HID high; as well as rewiring and separating a few other circuits. Pieter installed multiple leads for a phone, GPS and an aux port, custom built a couple of watertight fuse boxes, re-machined and remounted my crash bars (now they fit properly and allow for a full turning radius), etc. Hats off to him - he is a master mechanic and problem-solver!

So now I ANXIOUSLY wait for this white stuff and cold temps to leave so I can get back out onto the Orange Beast! It's been far too long!

Merry Christmas everybody!
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #27
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygod View Post
My in-laws from Chemainus are visiting us in Calgary right now... they saw the forecast and shuddered as they are leaving tomorrow to head home by Thursday night. Granted, we are -20C (-32C with the windchill) right now in Calgary, but still... after living in Victoria for a couple of years, I know what snowfall can do to the roads (and drivers!)

So now I ANXIOUSLY wait for this white stuff and cold temps to leave so I can get back out onto the Orange Beast! It's been far too long!
Well we got all of a 1/4" - so the 15 cm snowfall warning was a bit of an overkill... I think you're in the wrong province if you hope to be riding anytime soon. The plan here is to be on the road at the end of March. What kind of GPS did you buy, may I ask? Your friend gave you a very nice present by the way.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #28
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Gps

Quote:
Well we got all of a 1/4" - so the 15 cm snowfall warning was a bit of an overkill... I think you're in the wrong province if you hope to be riding anytime soon. The plan here is to be on the road at the end of March. What kind of GPS did you buy, may I ask? Your friend gave you a very nice present by the way.
Bought a Garmin Nuvi 550 a couple of years ago - it's apparently waterproof. Put some 3M film over the touch screen and bought a RAM mount for it (also have a RAM for my phone.) Seems to work fine. I have another Nuvi 255W for my vehicle and it has served me well for several years (only a handful of times it ("Karen" the Aussie Voice) steered me the wrong way... could have needed an update and / or the roads changed before an update?)

Yeah, I lucked out with the wiring. Another in-law (fellow biker) is a master electrician and he took a look and said, "Screw it!" A local bike shop also looked at it and also told me it would cost big $ to fix the lights (they didn't charge me anything to take the cowling off and take a peek)... so I was stumped; given my limited knowledge of electrical systems. I didn't know Pieter specialized in that sort of work - just knew he was a mechanic and that he rode a KLR for a couple of years before selling it for a crotch rocket. I did pay Pieter for his time and materials. Now I have someone to take it to whenever I need some help... priceless!
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #29
jackd
Beastly Adventurer

This is how a season's greeting thread morfs into a motorcycle thread... This just proves that everything good has to do with motorcycles.

I'm in the process of buying a Garmin Montana, but have also looked at the Nuvi 550. I run an older Garmin and I built a titanium mount at work for it. The Montana factory cradle will slip right into the same place. Pieter sounds like a good asset to keep around and I really like people who ride KLR's for some reason. Basic people is my guess - I'd have one myself if the GS wasn't sitting here.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,739
Quote:
Cowgirl - I hope you are enjoying your time on the Mainland - I live here but work there so I can say that living here is where it's at but that place can be enjoyable too.
Thanks Jack. I'm having fun in the big city. It's a nice change and great chance to upgrade my wardrobe from Mark's Workwear chic It's also been an excellent opportunity to work on my fitness level. I've been walking to and from work and I've joined inmate CordR's Peak Fitness personal training group. It's only been 3 weeks but I feel so much better and I've lost weight. I'm sure I'll be more than ready to come home when the 6 months are up but I'll look a whole lot better when I do!

Psst, when are we going to get that coffee?
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote