Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #16
GoNOW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,432
Just FYI, a lock smith could pick the seat lock in a few minutes.
GoNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #17
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-squared View Post
Unless i can jimmy the wire lock I'm screwed. The dealer explained that i need my ORANGE KEY to get a copy made. Otherwise, it will cost me about a million dollars to re-program the computer and get a new key - or some crazy-ass tale. I never received my orange master key....
Did you get your manuals & stuff in the briefcase-like thingy? Maybe check all the pockets in that to see if there's an orange key in there? (Doh! 205!)
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:01 AM   #18
Sacal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Don't you just need the plastic keycode card to get a new key made from the dealer? I thought the orange key was just for programming the new key to the immobiliser......
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 AM   #19
Portman
Portman

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Unless i can jimmy the wire lock I'm screwed. The dealer explained that i need my ORANGE KEY to get a copy made. Otherwise, it will cost me about a million dollars to re-program the computer and get a new key - or some crazy-ass tale. I never received my orange master key. I didn't know i should have received one. Naturally, my dealer says it was provided (it wasn't). The dealer says he's willing to have his service guys tear down the bike to get to it.
This orange key business is pretty inconvenient - especially when u realize you don't have one. What a crock! I'm grabbing a beer and headed to the garage. Somethings gotta give. This is one morning I should have stayed in bed.
I don't think your dealer is correct. AFAIK the 2008 and earlier bikes did not come with an orange key. This was only introduced with the 2009 on MY when the immobiliser was also fitted.

However, glad to know you've solved the problem.
Portman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #20
SauceSquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. Where your ABS (if you have that) there is a little water drainage, might be worth getting a bendable magnet and fishing it up there, hopefully you can connect with it and then with some pliers pry them out the hole... Or I would immediately order up a new ABS bucket and start cutting (carefully).

And FYI, the dealer gave me three keys, 2 black 1 orange. That's BS if they only gave you 1. They also gave me a "READY TO RACE" shitty briefcase/backpack, if they gave you something like that check the pockets.

Good luck, hope you get it out.
SauceSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #21
SauceSquatch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
special thanks to sakurama and murray75. I just jail broke the lock using their advice. it didn't take that long. Needed an extra hand to hold the shroud and the flashlight - after removing all the bolts. Had to disassemble the lock. Nothing broken - just my spirit, temporarily. All back together.

Thanks guys.
Oh... glossed over it, glad you got it sorted!
SauceSquatch is offline   Reply With Quote