User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #1
supertino OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
New, Improved Darien

Does anyone have the new Darien Jacket yet? I made this same post months ago but apparently they had not been changed at that time. I just ordered a new Darien last week and was told all new ones would be modified with different collars and sleeve cinch straps and other small changes that we have been asking for forever.
I asked them why the lastest catalog didn't show the changes and the person I spoke with thought they had been. She didn't even know the website needed updating. She said she would tell the marketing guys to post the new pics but I haven't seen any yet, (although I haven't checked today) She also told me that all the old style Dariens would be put on sale. Mine should be ready in about 3 weeks. I'll try and post a pic., but was hoping someone already had one.
Tino
supertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Blind Joe Beck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertino View Post
Does anyone have the new Darien Jacket yet? I made this same post months ago but apparently they had not been changed at that time. I just ordered a new Darien last week and was told all new ones would be modified with different collars and sleeve cinch straps and other small changes that we have been asking for forever...
I just received a new one to replace the 14 year- old version I've been wearing. From what I can tell, there are four changes: 1) the collar is taller and is lined with a nice soft material; 2) the collar folds down (so it's shorter) and snaps in that position which is probably cooler in warm weather; 3) there are some funny rare-earth magnets in the collar that are designed to hold the collar open in warm weather -- maybe that will prove useful, but to me they just seem to add bulk to the collar area and make it difficult to close the hook-n-loop collar fastener (but they can be removed); and 4) there are cinch straps around the sleeves -- a feature that has never seemed particularly useful to me. I like the jacket (which is why I bought another one) and a recent ride on a cold and drizzly New England December day solidifies my decision.

- John Goldie
Blind Joe Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
supertino OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Thanks John, my biggest gripes with the old one was the sandpaper collar and the big floppy sleeves. So I should be happy with the changes. Can you post a pic?
Tino
supertino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 5,999
I'm glad I got mine when I'd did since it has a fleece collar and no cinch straps.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Unstable Rider
Beyond Thunderdome

Oddometer: 2,429
I have about a 4 year old Darien and love it, but find the lower pockets a bit odd, the angled ones. Would rather have pockets that was squarish at the top with top access, just me though. Lost some Ray bans that I "thought" was stuffed in there.... ooops. Tough to get in and out of them while riding or pausing at red lights.

~Butch Cassidy
Unstable Rider is offline   Reply With Quote