User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Der Alte Motorrader OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Any Ideas what this might be?

I've got an 07 Adventure with 78,000 miles of mostly trouble free miles on it; Reasonable issues have occured some due to me and others the bike but nothing that wasn't easty to fix or covered by my extended (7yr)warrenty....but something that just popped up has me stumped. There is a slight click that has developed when getting on and off the bike that seems to involve the left side of the handle bars...the only thing thats non-standerd is last Fall I had a Racetech G3-S shock put on the front (installed by Racetech) but I can't imadgine that could have been the cause, because nothing has changed with the bikes handling, which has been fantastic. Could there be a crack in the handle bar where it's hidden from view? You can "feel" the play, and it's just on the left side. Any thoughts? I change the oil myself between Major services and change my own brakepads and such, so I don't think it was my doing...thanks for listening!
Der Alte Motorrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
TRJeff
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Check the front suspension mount at the ball conection, something with the telelever mounting
TRJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
Girthy Knobkers
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Check out the steering head maybe? When I replaced my triple after an accident it felt "clicky" at first but a few short rides and it seemed to seat normally and all is well now...

There is a nut under there that could have somehow loosened?
Girthy Knobkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
gunnirider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
click when mounting

try mounting with your hands on the tank....not the bars. it will give you an indication if it's in the bars. do this on the center stand since it's a little unsteady just putting hands on the tank. if it happens with your hands on the tank, then check the front suspension first. not a perfect analysis, but it will rule out a few things
gunnirider is offline   Reply With Quote