ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: NE Oregon
Oddometer: 5,232
Laugh Dig Your Style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
I wouldn't read whatever you're link is even if naked $1000.00 an hour hookers were handing out hundred dollar bills to snort 1/4 mile long lines of cocaine off of it.

I am in my usual state of confusion but man I dig your style with the above quote.......

Just my counterfeit .02 but more of anything given to the idiots running the gubberment is money poured down a rabbit hole...nobody ever seems to figure out that doing with less is more. Or 'Tantum Quantum', enough is enough..

[Plus the HST quote seals the deal.]
__________________
"In Wallowas"
====================
2007 R1200GS Adventure " ...to explore off-road, alone in my case, way out in the boonies...that feeds the soul!"

Wallowa screwed with this post 12-08-2012 at 08:35 PM
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #17
tod701
Studly Adventurer
 
tod701's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Stanwood
Oddometer: 899
Keep in mind that there are people at the Washington State Department of Transportation that don't see roads as the primary reason for gas taxation, but instead view it as a social engineering tool.
__________________
Tod
NMA, WOHVA, BRC, AMA, NRA
tod701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #18
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: 98155
Oddometer: 289
A thought

Toll roads?

They seem to work elsewhere. I lived in New York, the Thruway is all tolls. Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey - they all toll extensively. The roads in those states get beat up pretty bad by Mother Nature, yet they're in massively better shape than I5/I90 here in Washington.

You use it, you pay. You don't use it, you don't pay. Pretty straightforward if you ask me. It's an equal opportunity user fee - Bobby Big Rigger that doesn't stop for fuel in New York (thereby not paying a fuel tax), pays his share of road costs. Johnny Do Wrong with the clapped out rolling wreck and no money for insurance, stays off the road cause he can't afford the tolls. Yes, your PriusLeafTeslaEtc gets 5000 miles per volt, but you're still gonna need to help pay for the road. Yes, your 500 pound two wheeler doesn't do as much damage to the road as Granny's 72 Plymouth Fury III with studded tires, but you're still gonna need to help pay for the road.

Just a thought.




Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5;[URL="tel:20204392"
20204392[/URL]]

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/S...182617171.html

And Linkweewee... read the bottom
"By 2025, the federal government will require new cars to average 54.5 miles per gallon."
Hmmmm....Where does my guzzling 990 fit into this scheme??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Art View Post
I hope this doesn't pass
Next thing you know they'll hook up people with pedometer's
and start taxing for walking, biking or running.
"If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet
....Tax Man...."
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #20
grinns
Semper Fi
 
grinns's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Rainy, Wa
Oddometer: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
"By 2025, the federal government will require new cars to average 54.5 miles per gallon."
Hmmmm....Where does my guzzling 990 fit into this scheme??



"If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet
....Tax Man...."
You'll be riding an electric bike in your yard long before then.
__________________
2012 300 EC Race
2010 690 R
2014 hypermotard sp

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #21
wbedient
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,224
A radical idea:

Privatize some highways. Watch the video before you say no:



Even Drew Carey is on board!!

http://reason.com/reasontv/2007/10/14/gridlock

Here is an academic who makes the case in moral and economic terms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...h8ctNWM#t=465s
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u

wbedient screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 09:52 AM
wbedient is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer
 
Apple Jam's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Mt Hood mud flow
Oddometer: 6,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns;[URL="tel:20210616"
20210616[/URL]]You'll be riding an electric bike in your yard long before then.
If KTM'd just send us that electric FreeRide,,,......
.....I'd ....
.....I'd,....still ride my gas guzzler, and wish I had enough money to buy one
__________________
..
"got no problem with keeping truly roadless areas as wild....
On the other hand, if it has been logged or mined and roads already exist,,
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth
 
shrubitup's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Kitsapolis WA
Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
I wouldn't read whatever you're link is even if naked $1000.00 an hour hookers were handing out hundred dollar bills to snort 1/4 mile long lines of cocaine off of it.
Boy oh boy! You sure showed him!

Now does you have an opinion on this er not?
__________________
CONVICTED of placing compostable yard waste into a general trash container at the curb.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer
 
Mr. Cob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Granite Falls, Washington State, USA
Oddometer: 9,244
Howdy All,

The Beatles said it best,

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me.


The comrades from Oregone who troll the PRoW threads live in a State that has been flirting with this scam for years, in fact if one cared to read about it the fucking politicians who rule the PRoW have been following Oregones interest in this and it has been reported on for at least three years that I am knowledgeable of. Just another damned TAX, money to be collected and spent furthering another social agenda that has nothing to do with the so called reason the TAX was collected. When government learns to live within its means as we the fleeced have too, then and only then will I cease to bitch about the ass raping that is going on and will continue into the future.
__________________
Dave, aka "Mr. Cob"

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #25
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChilliColdBeer View Post
Toll roads?

They seem to work elsewhere. I lived in New York, the Thruway is all tolls. Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, New Jersey - they all toll extensively. The roads in those states get beat up pretty bad by Mother Nature, yet they're in massively better shape than I5/I90 here in Washington.

You use it, you pay. You don't use it, you don't pay. Pretty straightforward if you ask me. It's an equal opportunity user fee - Bobby Big Rigger that doesn't stop for fuel in New York (thereby not paying a fuel tax), pays his share of road costs. Johnny Do Wrong with the clapped out rolling wreck and no money for insurance, stays off the road cause he can't afford the tolls. Yes, your PriusLeafTeslaEtc gets 5000 miles per volt, but you're still gonna need to help pay for the road. Yes, your 500 pound two wheeler doesn't do as much damage to the road as Granny's 72 Plymouth Fury III with studded tires, but you're still gonna need to help pay for the road.

Just a thought.
Charlie
Fuck the east coast and their toll roads.

Why should I have to pay a toll on a road that was originally paid for by the taxpayers.
No fucking way.
You want to build a toll road, I say go for it, as long as my tax dollars do not pay for it.

You want to help fund a road or a bridge by using tolls, fine, but once the project is paid off the toll ends.

That's why they're called freeways.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #26
tod701
Studly Adventurer
 
tod701's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Stanwood
Oddometer: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Why should I have to pay a toll on a road that was originally paid for by the taxpayers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
No fucking way.



Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
You want to build a toll road, I say go for it, as long as my tax dollars do not pay for it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
You want to help fund a road or a bridge by using tolls, fine, but once the project is paid off the toll ends.

That's why they're called freeways.
__________________
Tod
NMA, WOHVA, BRC, AMA, NRA
tod701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: 98155
Oddometer: 289
Maintenance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Why should I have to pay a toll on a road that was originally paid for by the taxpayers.
Who pays for the maintenance? The road may have been paid for a long time ago, but they don't last forever. You live around Seattle, how many patched sections of 'Freeway' do you encounter when on I5/I90? Who pays for the plows when the snow flies? Lights, lines, signs and any other driver aid used on these 'Freeways' all cost money. It's gotta come from somewhere.

Anyway, it's just a thought. I am not an advocate of any sort. I do like beer. And blue cheese stuffed olives in my Martinis.





Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #28
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChilliColdBeer View Post
Who pays for the maintenance?
Pretty clear to me.


Washington State Constitution

Article II

Legislative Department

Section 40

Highway Funds

All fees collected by the State of Washington as license fees for motor vehicles and all excise taxes collected by the State of Washington on the sale, distribution or use of motor vehicle fuel and all other state revenue intended to be used for highway purposes, shall be paid into the state treasury and placed in a special fund to be used exclusively for highway purposes.

Such highway purposes shall be construed to include the following:

(a) The necessary operating, engineering and legal expenses connected with the administration of public highways, county roads and city streets;

(b) The construction, reconstruction, maintenance, repair, and betterment of public highways, county roads, bridges and city streets; including the cost and expense of (1) acquisition of rights-of-way, (2) installing, maintaining and operating traffic signs and signal lights, (3) policing by the state of public highways, (4) operation of movable span bridges, (5) operation of ferries which are a part of any public highway, county road, or city street;

(c) The payment or refunding of any obligation of the State of Washington, or any political subdivision thereof, for which any of the revenues described in section 1 may have been legally pledged prior to the effective date of this act;

(d) Refunds authorized by law for taxes paid on motor vehicle fuels;

(e) The cost of collection of any revenues described in this section:
Provided, That this section shall not be construed to include revenue from general or special taxes or excises not levied primarily for highway purposes, or apply to vehicle operator's license fees or any excise tax imposed on motor vehicles or the use thereof in lieu of a property tax thereon, or fees for certificates of ownership of motor vehicles.

[AMENDMENT 18, 1943 House Joint Resolution No. 4, p 938. Approved November, 1944.]
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: 98155
Oddometer: 289
Not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
[AMENDMENT 18, 1943 House Joint Resolution No. 4, p 938. Approved November, 1944.]
Since we know that this nearly seventy year-old legislation is no longer is working, maybe it's time for something else?

Something that reflects the current situations the road using/demanding public faces? And the rest of the state residents? Not many people are using their 1943 Ford as their primary vehicle anymore.




Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #30
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChilliColdBeer View Post
Since we know that this nearly seventy year-old legislation is no longer is working, maybe it's time for something else?

Something that reflects the current situations the road using/demanding public faces? And the rest of the state residents? Not many people are using their 1943 Ford as their primary vehicle anymore.

Charlie
I already have my choice.
I do not want monitoring done on my vehicle.
I do not want to pay higher taxes.

Spend within your means.
Don't have the money?
No new road for you.
How hard is that.

If it actually went to a pay per mile then the gas tax should be done away with.

guns_equal_freedom screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 06:32 PM
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014