ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #31
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer: 284
Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
How hard is that.
Impossible. And unrealistic. And we ALL know it.

Charlie
HotChilliColdBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChilliColdBeer View Post
Charlie
Getting dirt bikes registered for the street was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

Getting dope legalized was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

Gay marriage was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

While I won't hold my breath I won't discount the possibility either.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,180
Damn good points
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #34
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Getting dirt bikes registered for the street was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

Getting dope legalized was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

Gay marriage was considered to be "impossible and unrealistic".

While I won't hold my breath I won't discount the possibility either.
Very good points. And although those points have their supporters and detractors, I don't think they need to be debated any more than they already have.

I should not discount the possibilities either.

Like you, I will not hold my breath. But I will continue to think about what 'can' be done, rather than 'what has been/is' being done.

Charlie
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #35
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,088
Wicked

How about two toll lanes on I-5, I-405, I-90? Wanna get some where fast? Pay to play - regardless of occupant count. Satisfied with delay or too cheap to pay tolls? Go slower.

This will take pressure off of two general traffic lanes and possibly make them go 5-10MPH faster during high use.

Either way, I don't care as I only visit those roads maybe once a month.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #36
firecrotch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
We have one of the highest gas taxes in the nation, remember the selling point of the ten cent a gallon tax? If we dont pass it the 520 bridge will fall down in next wind storm. How did that work? Oh thats right those fuckers spent it at all and added tolls to the 520 bridge. The more you give the more then will demand.

One word. Slavery.

Learn to live within your fucking means like the rest of us.
firecrotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #37
n16ht5 OP
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by firecrotch View Post
We have one of the highest gas taxes in the nation, remember the selling point of the ten cent a gallon tax? If we dont pass it the 520 bridge will fall down in next wind storm. How did that work? Oh thats right those fuckers spent it at all and added tolls to the 520 bridge. The more you give the more then will demand.

One word. Slavery.

Learn to live within your fucking means like the rest of us.
this
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
linkweewee
tantum quantum

Oddometer: 13,549
It must suck donkey ass to live in WA for as much as some of you complain about it.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #39
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
It must suck donkey ass to live in WA for as much as some of you complain about it.
we've got a lot to moan about.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #40
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 7,881
OK, I admit it. I am a commuter. There, I said it. I am a commuter.
I already pay more for my privilege to use the roads. None of these are bitches as I knew all of these before I became a commuter. I buy $200 - $300 a month in gasoline. That fuels a Jetta that avg 32 mpg. I use up a set of $700 tires every 3 years. I change my oil 6-8 times a year. My 8 hr work day is 11 hrs long (this is taxing me, not my pocketbook). I'll have to replace my car every 8 years.
I'm already paying taxes up the kazoo for all of the above.
Tax the hell out of studded tires, or do away with them completely. There are better options out there.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #41
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,757
Most of the taxes you pay go for salaries ,benifits, very little percentage for cement and pavement.

Smoke some weed and marry your donkey, don't worry about it, you got what you voted for ( half of you anyway ).

Takes me a month to use 9 gallons in my car going to work, ride my four wheeler to work when I want to ( legally ) .

Out the other door is the Spiral hwy...

Yes I get to pay income tax, but I live in Idaho so I don't make much money
Old 12-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #42
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,096
Quote:

Charlie
HCCB, my rant is not directed at you personally I am using your post as a spring board.

Its only impossible and unrealistic for as long as we allow and continue to support ( VOTE ) for fucking politicians who will rob funds from dedicated trusts such as what the license fees and gas tax are supposed to be used for. How long would you or your family be able to spend more then you earn before the law stepped in and put a stop to it. Well that is unless your a damned politician or banker then its business as usual and to be rewarded. So go bend over and spread your cheeks, pay more in taxes, fees and tolls someday maybe just maybe you'll wake the fuck up and see what a fool your being played for.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #43
HotChilliColdBeer
Human Swizzle Stick

Interesting

All of it.

But aside from Shrubitup, and kwisn, not many ideas, just a lot of complaining about everything. By the way, the 167 is being tolled in one lane at different rates dependent on traffic patterns - Whether or not it's working I don't know because I do not use that stretch of road often enough to know. And yes, studded tires are a nuisance, and should be treated as such.

firecrotch equates the fuel tax mismanagement to 'slavery'? Big statement. Way off the mark, but firecrotch's opinion.

n16ht5 agrees with firecrotch that the state needs to live within it's means. This is a nice thought, but also not going to happen anytime soon. It would take a MASSIVE overhaul of the system to force that upon Government, if it's possible at all. In the meantime, how are the fuel tax shortages going to made up? Income tax? Per mile tax? guns' idea about charging users what it actually costs; i.e. $45 ferry rides? The money is going to come from somewhere, trust me. You may not have much say in that, but you may have a bit of a voice in where it does come from.

linkweewee - I don't think it sucks donkey ass to live here. In fact, I love it here. And will continue to enjoy it. I hope others that live here will enjoy it as well.

Mr. Cob - Your 'rant' doesn't come across as something personal towards me. Rather it sounds like a desire for Washingtonians and Americans in general to get their shit together. Another thing I will not be holding my breath waiting for.

Charlie
Old 12-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #44
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Since we know that this nearly seventy year-old legislation is no longer is working, maybe it's time for something else?
This old bit of legislation drove an amendment to the Washington State Consitiution that was approved by the people.

Legally it is far more binding than the rest of state law structure such as the Revised Code of Washington or the Washington Administrative Code.

How well Article II. Section 40 works and in general how well our constitution based form of government works will be determined in a large way by two pending cases before the Washington State Surpreme Court.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #45
tod701
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
n16ht5 agrees with firecrotch that the state needs to live within it's means. This is a nice thought, but also not going to happen anytime soon. It would take a MASSIVE overhaul of the system to force that upon Government,
It would not require any changes to our system of government, merely better choices being made by the voters of this State. With responsible people in office, all the tools they need are already in place.