Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #31
r2ro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by husamonster View Post
I rode out to rio bravo mx {Trails were too wet for a 300 plus lb bike} and made my way to lake houston last wednesday on the husky. I cant seem to find any dirt roads near the lake. I took a ride through Eisenhower and Dussen{sp?) park. If any locals want to lead a ride this saturday through the area let me know. We could meet at rio or the car track next door off East mount houston.
You were in my neck of the woods. I like right off of W. Lake Houston Parkway. Though, I have no idea where any trails are.

I was just exploring Deuseen park the other day via Google.. didn't see much happening there.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #32
Texas Tom
LD rider

Oddometer: 16
Decker Prairie.....just NW of Tomball
Texas Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #33
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
I would be up for meeting some local ADV riders as it feels pretty lonely inside the loop. I have a WR250R, Husky TE630 and TR650 Terra. Just sold my BMW and have become a full time dual sport from now on. Rode the TAT last year, and Forever West this year. Headed to Death Valley at the end of March, doing the CAM1000 in August, Hill Country in April, and more and more. Fortunately I'm retired so have time, but would be great to have company on some of these trips, or on shorter versions. I've probably worn my interest in the National Forest a little thin but would enjoy weekend trips to East Texas to do some backroad exploring, Big Bend, etc. Or just breakfast, lunch, or whatever for a BS session to give everyone a chance to spread some lies and tall tales.

Ken
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #34
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaisew View Post
I would be up for meeting some local ADV riders as it feels pretty lonely inside the loop. I have a WR250R, Husky TE630 and TR650 Terra. Just sold my BMW and have become a full time dual sport from now on. Rode the TAT last year, and Forever West this year. Headed to Death Valley at the end of March, doing the CAM1000 in August, Hill Country in April, and more and more. Fortunately I'm retired so have time, but would be great to have company on some of these trips, or on shorter versions. I've probably worn my interest in the National Forest a little thin but would enjoy weekend trips to East Texas to do some backroad exploring, Big Bend, etc. Or just breakfast, lunch, or whatever for a BS session to give everyone a chance to spread some lies and tall tales.

Ken
But, you're an INNERLOOPER?

Seriously, we need to all get together and have a ride. I am amazed at the response this fourm has recieved.

For me, maybe this weekend or the first.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #35
husamonster
n00b

Oddometer: 7
If anyone has any ideas for this saturday let me know. I would love an excuse to ride the 610! If not if anyone is up for a little more dirt oriented ride we can hit 3 palms or rio bravo {mx parks that have some trails} or the Sam Houston nat. forrest. I dont care if its a street ride, just look forward to riding with other like minded riders with similar bikes. sounds like alot of fun. We could meet at North west Honda {Bob Lundfords} and just head out to the forrest-i have an ohv sticker on the husky so if others wanted we could hit the east side trail head,but sticking to the dirt roads would be fun also! If anyone knows of anything closer i am game! I will ck this thread again later. Oh and Blaisew that is some fleet of bikes you got there my friend!
husamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #36
husamonster
n00b

Anyone in for a ride saturday? I am open to any type of riding. Its been a crazy week,just wraped up a 16hr shift at work,got 3 hrs sleep,woke up and checked the thread. I
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #37
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Anyone in for a ride saturday? I am open to any type of riding. Its been a crazy week,just wraped up a 16hr shift at work,got 3 hrs sleep,woke up and checked the thread. I
The weather is going to suck, high wind and 40's to low 50's. But it will be sunny part of the day.
Link to weather: http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/laun...=KGLS&state=TX

I can not wait to get a ride together. If anything there is Black Eyed Peas and Beer at Yankees Tavern New Years Day.
I'll be checking this thread if someone pulls the trigger on a ride.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #38
husamonster
n00b

Yea i dont recomend riding in that weather......But i plan to leave about 9am saturday and depending on the looks of the weather ill head to Galveston or the Nat forrest. If anyone wants to meet up let me know where-something easy please,i dont rock a gps. Say a cyclegear right off the freeway or something along those lines would work.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #39
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Quote:
Yea i dont recomend riding in that weather......But i plan to leave about 9am saturday and depending on the looks of the weather ill head to Galveston or the Nat forrest. If anyone wants to meet up let me know where-something easy please,i dont rock a gps. Say a cyclegear right off the freeway or something along those lines would work.
+1, no GPS none of the time!
Because of the wind, best to stay close to home. I like Galveston though.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
r2ro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
So you guys going? I'll tag along and try follow (250)

I went for a ride yesterday... Tried to go to Texas City, but never made it. Got caught in the rain without my rain gear around Seabrook. Oops. The wind was crazy and I was way cold when I got home.

--
Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 AM   #41
lddave
been there

Oddometer: 479
Houston area

I am off all next week if any one wants to ride out west of town .
Old 12-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
fnjeep314 OP
Its a Tigger

Oddometer: 125
Hey all, so I havent checked this thread in a while, it blew up!! I am good for any rides after the holidays. My past 2 weeks have been really rough. I did do a day ride up to Huntsville a week ago. It was so nice to get out! I have a bright lime green Triumph Tiger, so if you see me out and about, flag me down! I will keep closer tabs on this thread, because I would love to go on a ride! I used to strictly ride solo, not by choice, but because no one I knew rode too. Hope to meet up with you all soon!
fnjeep314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #43
husamonster
n00b

Yea sat was cold and windy. i ended up trying my motard setup with the 17s with street tires. So much better on the street than the 21-18 inch wheels . Think ill leave them on for now. Did a 100 miles and about 2 of those were actually in dirt so i guess thats the way to go for now.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #44
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Man, I have a MAJOR hard on for a super moto bike!
A Husky 610 or 630 would fill the lust nicely.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #45
my6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Been out of touch dealing wth AT&T and Direct TV. Hello Comcast! I have been informed by "She Who Must Be Obeyed" that I can not go out and play until the Holidays are done and gone. Next weekend hopefully... Fritz..Tuesday Night if the weather agrees?