Rubby is moving again now, past WP2.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #287
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,080
Robby is a very interesting driver to watch but seems to be hard on equipment. Last year he rolled the Hummer. This year he went upside down. Is he pushing too hard? Just comparing him to other drivers who go fast and don't crash. Remember also when he went off the road and got stuck I think last year.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #288
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Robby is a very interesting driver to watch but seems to be hard on equipment. Last year he rolled the Hummer. This year he went upside down. Is he pushing too hard? Just comparing him to other drivers who go fast and don't crash. Remember also when he went off the road and got stuck I think last year.

I think he pushes hard but then again they rolled in the dunes which is very easy to do. You can come over one dune and find a nice gradual drop off where others are shear drops and you cannot tell until you get on top of the thing. You cannot slow down too much or you get stuck on top etc etc. Sounds like it was a hard enough ender to damage the radiator but a soft roll otherwise.

he just needed an electric winch and some sand stakes...might have been able to flip it over at least...easier to tow on the wheels than on the roof.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #289
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by izom View Post
why peterhansel is still talking shit and calls him a cheater!??

greetz
To throw red meat to the F5 crew!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #290
MsLizVt
pfft ...

Oddometer: 1,585
Robby Gordon Quotes regarding Stage 4

Quote:
Robby Gordon #315 - Stage 4 Quotes

"We started off second and we got through some really gnarly, silty stuff. We went over a dune and it was just straight down with one right end to it. We idled into it just enough to tip us over the front, honestly, five miles an hour probably, it wasn't a big rollover. Except it put all the weight of the vehicle on the front, broke the windshield and flopped it on its roof and we had to wait for new radiators to get to us. It was a long wait."

"It's been a disappointing rally for us; we expected so much more. The first day I was too conservative and this dune I went over just a little too much, so we can't find a happy medium I guess. The rollover was honestly five miles an hour. It stood on the top for a while and I thought it was going to come backwards, but it just flopped over. It wasn't that dangerous except for the fact that we were on the other side of the dune. It was probably five to seven minutes before Peterhansel got there, so we'd already put some gap on him, but that doesn't do us any good now."

"You know, we just needed to have a good day today. I don't know what's going wrong… Like I said, we've just had a horrible rally so far this year. I don't see a bright side coming, because it's going to be a long ten days. Last year we were so good most of the rally and this year we started off conservatively like I did last year and it's just been unfortunate. We haven't been able to put it all together."

"We've got the team, we've got the cars, but I guess the drivers are making mistakes. It's just unfortunate. I think we're going to have sit back and see if it really makes sense to continue or not."

Hope it's okay to post this?

Found here: http://www.planetrobby.com/forum/top...ource=activity

Liz

MsLizVt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #291
izom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Wicked

SH.T !!

...this year is really hard!!!

i dont think he pushes too hard- its always a matter of luck also-

IF there were spectators to help him(like last year) they would turn the car immediatly
AND if the coolers wouldnt be damaged it maybe could have ben some minutes he loose....

BUT with the damaged cooler he had to wait for the servicetruck...so....

this can happen to peterhansel or nasser also-

BUT hes still in the race-

Scratch13713292----------
stage13713292----------
Overall137291343

82 xr 500 - love those old thumpers

92 XTZ 750 rally style
izom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #292
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,573
"We've got the team, we've got the cars, but I guess the drivers are making mistakes. It's just unfortunate. I think we're going to have sit back and see if it really makes sense to continue or not."

I hope Robby continues on.
KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #293
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,629
Robby seems to have eschewed one of the basic tenets of racing.

"To finish first, you must first finish."
Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #294
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Robby seems to have eschewed one of the basic tenets of racing.

"To finish first, you must first finish."
WTF are you to sit behind a keyboard and pontificate at some guy in the middle of the desert totally FUBAR'ed.....

a very apt quote goes..."when you're up to your arse in alligators, sometimes it's hard to remember that the original objective was to drain the pond....".....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #295
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesupreme View Post
WTF are you to sit behind a keyboard and pontificate at some guy in the middle of the desert totally FUBAR'ed.....

a very apt quote goes..."when you're up to your arse in alligators, sometimes it's hard to remember that the original objective was to drain the pond....".....
Very well said Davesupreme. The dood has more talent in his little finger than most do in their whole body!

Time to chase stage wins! Should be even more fun now...can you say "BALLS TO THE WALL"

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #296
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,280
at least its a good view of the underside of that truck. Was wondering how the rear suspension was configured.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #297
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,459
i mean... he ain't got nothin' to worry about now.... he's there, he's already spent the $$$, so.... he should just go nuckin' futz and totally let it all hang out.... he had some really bad luck, and it's bitten him in the azz. that car is still totally dominant, and he should REALLY prove it now....

i ain't seen anything yet today.... he better not drop out!.... i mean, "was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor?... it ain't over til' we say it's over!...."......
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #298
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesupreme View Post
i mean... he ain't got nothin' to worry about now.... he's there, he's already spent the $$$, so.... he should just go nuckin' futz and totally let it all hang out.... he had some really bad luck, and it's bitten him in the azz. that car is still totally dominant, and he should REALLY prove it now....
Waitaminnit. If the car is "totally dominant", then why are there so many issues?

Is it bad luck, or driver error?

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and pile on if you like. I don't have Robby's talent, that's for sure, but even I know that the Dakar is not a sprint, it's an endurance race.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #299
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Yeah, yeah, go ahead and pile on if you like. I don't have Robby's talent, that's for sure, but even I know that the Dakar is not a sprint, it's an endurance race.
and when you crash at 5mph... that's a sprint i guess right?
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #300
dakardood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
Robby is there.

We are not.

To just get to that start line is a massive achievement in itself.
dakardood is offline   Reply With Quote