Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
lost in CT OP
total noob

Oddometer: 2
moto / MTB trip across US

hi all, this is a first post so be patient with me. thanks

I have been wanting to do a across US trip, yeah i know nothing new here ! but i wanted to make it a combo moto / MTB trip. i would get from one mountain bike location to the next on my trusty 1200GS, most likely camping most of the way (yeah i'm cheap or should i say poor) i looked around but couldn't find anyone else trying this (feel free to correct me) over the late summer i did a test trip for 7 days though vermont 1500 moto miles, 150 MTB miles the idea had worked really well, ride some great roads, then ride some great trails, I camped 5 days and stayed at a hostel for 2, most of my setup worked really well, i over packed a little (didn't even use cook gear) the whole trip ended up costing me around $250 seemed pretty good. but the more i think about it the more it seemed like i got pretty lucky, the weather was great, 70's during the day, 50's at night, it didn't rain at all, i had no problems with my moto or MTB bike, so now i start to plan a trip across the country (still haven't figured if my boss is going to be ok with this ) i'm thinking a mouth would be enough i don't think i can get any more time off and any less and i dont think i'll be able to go far enough. I've started saving up some money and was thinking in the $1500-2000 range should be enough. so i'm posting this looking for info, suggestions, and ideas would be welcome Thanks
i'll try to get a pic of my rig
lost in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
lost in CT OP
total noob

Oddometer: 2

lost in CT is offline   Reply With Quote