Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #76
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Has Hotel California gone out of business? I am bringing the Boss with....camping for 1 night as opposed to a Hotel is a pain in the ass.
Has anyone tried getting a room at Hotel CA?
$89 per night too much for that dump but the only other choice is $149 up.
Up dated pics show they redid the lobby no fountain and the pool isn't green but the reviews still say it is a dump.
the trailers might be an option someone call them.
I agree camping is a PITA for one night but seeing DM shit his pants when the critters come out of the swamp and crawl in the tent would be worth it.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #77
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,530
Who the hell is DM?

Camping 2-up, I can have the bike packed in an hour. Just have to locate everything.

Just sayin'...
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #78
sanpau
Love to Ride

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
Can DM pitch his tent in the backyard?
Are you riding the EN6R Paula? I need a riding partner for when I have to bypass the sand. Now who is the Pussy
Yes, I will be riding the ER6N but I will be doing street over to meet you and then may ride out with you to the Holy Land Entrance on Sunday Morning.....but I will not do the Levees with you....although you can do them...I have done them on the ER but really not too good for that bike...... FLRider is giving us some possible traffic delays on the TamTrail so will just have to see how it goes......
The quickest way is boring 75 to 29 but would have little traffic to deal with......no construction that I know of.....

I have no idea what time you are going to try to get to the Seafood place.....so if you are shooting for noon-ish then you could also still ride some dirt coming east.....You can do Loop Road on the Tam Trail and possibly deal with construction or Oscar and I once did the probably not legal partial dirt fun ride of Head east on 75 and look for the L-28 Canal (1280 RD) runs along the canal no official exit or entrance to 75 (Hint) we then took 1280 north to 1283 east to 181 back south again on 1281 (snake rd) Just a diversion to riding all 75 and doing some exploring......Sanjoh probably knows some other ways.....I usually just stuck to the main roads..... Check out the Google Maps.....
sanpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #79
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,421
I wouldn't mind staying at Casa Paula/John Saturday night.

Friday night, we can stay in the Okeechobee/Clewiston area somewhere.

We need to figure out an arrival time at the seafood joint on Saturday so we can meet up with peeps that aren't doing the dirt route.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #80
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz View Post
Who the hell is DM?

Camping 2-up, I can have the bike packed in an hour. Just have to locate everything.
Jaydee's Sidekick....Delicate Man
Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #81
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpau View Post
If you guys are planning to ride the Levee's back then just come to Sunrise and stay here...it is free AND you don't have to camp.....I can even fix breakfast or the DD is right on the corner.......Let me know what you are thinking.....
Paula...your awesome!

Just don't want to make work for ya....

Have you seen the Trailer rules....we may not be welcome....lol

3. The person registering is held responsible for his party's socially acceptable conduct and proper clothing at all times. Drunkenness, profanity, or immoral conduct will not be tolerated.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #82
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
I wouldn't mind staying at Casa Paula/John Saturday night.

Friday night, we can stay in the Okeechobee/Clewiston area somewhere.

We need to figure out an arrival time at the seafood joint on Saturday so we can meet up with peeps that aren't doing the dirt route.
Looks like we need to agree on a route. If the plan is to start in Clewiston and ride the levees down like the first version I'm OUT. No way do I want to ride levees on the Connie 3 times on the bandit is enough for me or deal with the Tamiami construction BS on day one; I want to surive the trip down and get my fill of crabs before I eat dirt.
I can do Immoklee to the Squares to Jane's scenic no problem. Getting an early start on the 26th like last time fits my work schedule better also.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 AM   #83
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,188
The Tamiami traffic jam is at the very east end, almost back to 997 and Dade Corners. Took me about 20-25 minutes to get through it, so not really that bad.

There is a route I have run before out of Clewiston that you go south out of Clewiston on 835 down to Government Road/Josie Billie Road/State Rd 846. Go back north on SR846 till it merges to County Road 846 and continue north. Go up to County Road 832, turn left/west and head to SR 29, just north of Immokalee. South on 29 into Immokalee. For anyone that doesnt want to go exploring they can take their time and head on down 29 to Everglades City, once they get south there is Wagon Wheel Road and Turner River Road that are hard pack gravel roads that run ya through the 'glades and take you back to Tamiami Trail, then you go back west on Tamiami to 29 and Everglades City.

For the adventurous ones, we head south from Immokalee to County Road 858/Oil Well Road. Take that west to Everglades Blvd and head south into the north end of the Squares. Once in the Squares the last known (to me anyway) open and easier route is west on 52nd Ave, which is hard pack dirt/gravel to Miller Blvd. South on Miller, which is asphalt, down to Stewart Ave/100th Ave and head east. Stewart is hard pack gravel, can sometimes be a bit bumpy, but basically is a quick moving run until you get east of the main canal through the area. It gets to be lower and prone to water over the road and some pretty good size pot holes. That goes on for a mile or so then it clears back to decent, but sometimes water covered road. Then you get to the turn south onto Janes Scenic Drive. There will mostly like be water right after that turn. Remember, these water areas are on pretty good hard pack so its like just a big water puddle on blacktop. After you clear the first thing on Janes then it is smooth, well relatively speaking, back to 29. There is a lot of car traffice from 29 out Janes to the Squares so even a Connie should have no issues. I plan on having the better half two up on the GSA so I wont be wanting to get into anything difficult.

I am going to be out that way Saturday and will scout it out, take pictures and go from there! Word I had from earlier this week was the route I described through the Squares would be doable on a street bike.

What time would all ya'll be thinking about rollin out of Clewiston? Not too early I hope because I would ride up from Homestead that morning!!
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #84
brewmann OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
What time would all ya'll be thinking about rollin out of Clewiston? Not too early I hope because I would ride up from Homestead that morning!!
Ugghhhh...Oil Well road....it was pretty deep sand last time we where on it...we actually turned around...fine for a 525...kinda tough on a Strom or a GS with Trail Attacks...we actually turned around. I'd try it with my spiffy new tires, but I can't say for the other guys...

Last time we stayed in a cheesy hotel on Friday, rolled out for breakfast around the corner about 8'ish, then started riding about 9 or 9:30 I think...
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #85
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

How about a 10 am from Clewiston? I am going to ride down Sat morning to Clewiston.
Late lunch & then ride Loop Rd after lunch?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #86
sfront
Chaos in Motion

Oddometer: 916
I'll be riding down to Clewiston Saturday morning as well.
I don't care which route, gnarly is fine with me.
Hell, I don't care about the AYCE! I don't even like crab!
I will eat me some good fish though.......
As long as Paula and John don't mind getting treated to dinner somewhere......
Sanjoh/Sanpau lodgings works well too!

STEVE

So what if it was short....I still had a great time!!!
sfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #87
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
The Tamiami traffic jam is at the very east end, almost back to 997 and Dade Corners. Took me about 20-25 minutes to get through it, so not really that bad.

There is a route I have run before out of Clewiston that you go south out of Clewiston on 835 down to Government Road/Josie Billie Road/State Rd 846. Go back north on SR846 till it merges to County Road 846 and continue north. Go up to County Road 832, turn left/west and head to SR 29, just north of Immokalee. South on 29 into Immokalee. For anyone that doesnt want to go exploring they can take their time and head on down 29 to Everglades City, once they get south there is Wagon Wheel Road and Turner River Road that are hard pack gravel roads that run ya through the 'glades and take you back to Tamiami Trail, then you go back west on Tamiami to 29 and Everglades City.

For the adventurous ones, we head south from Immokalee to County Road 858/Oil Well Road. Take that west to Everglades Blvd and head south into the north end of the Squares. Once in the Squares the last known (to me anyway) open and easier route is west on 52nd Ave, which is hard pack dirt/gravel to Miller Blvd. South on Miller, which is asphalt, down to Stewart Ave/100th Ave and head east. Stewart is hard pack gravel, can sometimes be a bit bumpy, but basically is a quick moving run until you get east of the main canal through the area. It gets to be lower and prone to water over the road and some pretty good size pot holes. That goes on for a mile or so then it clears back to decent, but sometimes water covered road. Then you get to the turn south onto Janes Scenic Drive. There will mostly like be water right after that turn. Remember, these water areas are on pretty good hard pack so its like just a big water puddle on blacktop. After you clear the first thing on Janes then it is smooth, well relatively speaking, back to 29. There is a lot of car traffice from 29 out Janes to the Squares so even a Connie should have no issues. I plan on having the better half two up on the GSA so I wont be wanting to get into anything difficult.

I am going to be out that way Saturday and will scout it out, take pictures and go from there! Word I had from earlier this week was the route I described through the Squares would be doable on a street bike.

Clewison @ 10 is good for me as long as we don't ride the levees. The route we took last time to by pass oil well meets back up with the oil well route at the light on Everglades IIRC
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #88
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

1000 works for me and I will find another road other than Oil Field Road......that was strickly off google maps. I stayed on down 29 when I did the route before.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #89
FLARider1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Ugghhhh...Oil Well road....it was pretty deep sand last time we where on it...we actually turned around...fine for a 525...kinda tough on a Strom or a GS with Trail Attacks...we actually turned around. I'd try it with my spiffy new tires, but I can't say for the other guys...

Last time we stayed in a cheesy hotel on Friday, rolled out for breakfast around the corner about 8'ish, then started riding about 9 or 9:30 I think...
Are you sure you don't mean Oil Well Grade Road? County Road 858/Oil Well Road looks to be asphalt all the way out to Everglades Blvd. Oil Well Grade Road looks to be all sandy. Oil Well Grade runs a north/south diagonal between Oil Well Road/858 and Immokalee Road/846.

So if google maps satellite shot is right then either 846 or 858 from Immokalee to Everglades Blvd will be a good ride.

There is a Marathon Gas Station on 27/80 at the east end of Clewiston, corner of 27 and Old Rt 80. Good place to fuel and it has a big parking lot. Side road out of there goes right to 835. Maybe meet there by 0930 and roll outta there by 1000 Saturday the 26th?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #90
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,421
Quote:
Oil Well Grade Road looks to be all sandy.
This is the one where we turned around. Pretty deep sand on that one. Should be interesting 2 up on a Vee!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote