User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #1
TFD55 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Tail Rack for F650GS, G650GS, Dakar, Sertao---Years 2005-Present

I have ready to ship a few custom tail racks for your F650GS, G650GS, Dakar or Sertao
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This rack will fit the F650GS, G650GS, Dakar & Sertao, years 2005-present.

CNC machined from 6061 grade aluminum plate, this rack is lightweight yet strong enough to haul your gear on that cross country trip. Professionally powder coated with a black wrinkle finish to help keep it looking great for many miles!

The rack measures 12" long and 16" wide at the front with a slight taper to the rear. Slots machined in the rack will accommodate many strapping configurations.

Supplied with aluminum risers and stainless steel flat head screws, it couldn't be easier to install.

The price is $85.00US plus $10.00US shipping in the Continental United States. I will ship most anywhere but you'll have to contact me for an accurate shipping price.

Preferred method of payment is PayPal, since its the quickest and most convenient, to rmiller@excel.net. I can also accept payment by credit card via PayPal even if you don't have an account. Just give me your email address and I can send you a secure request for funds.

I will also accept a personal check or money order, though it will take an extra week or so to make sure everything clears.

As soon as payment is received and cleared Ill get your new rack shipped out ASAP. Shipping info and questions can be PMd to me or email me directly at rmiller@excel.net.

Thanks for checking out my ad.

TFD55
TFD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
GrizzLee
RubiKon Adventures

Oddometer: 464
I'm interested, but I have a couple of questions.
Looks like a good solution, and I don't want to throw darts at your design.

However, on a previously owned f650, I had the TT tail rack. This looks similar in design with one major exception. The TT rack had additional attach points with hardware around the rear lights/bag area. Your design looks like it is secured in 2 places closely spaced together. How sturdy is this? Can you provide additional views from the rear?

Also, I am wanting to attach a couple of rotopax cans there.... Thus the rigidity concerns.

One final question, can you do custom work to make to so I can attach the rotopax mounts? And still get access to the rear hatch? Obviously, by removing the rotopax.

At the end of the day, I question BMWs design of the f650 tail. It I isn't practical IMHO. The answer I've been told by my buddies at BMW when I question designs is this ... "You can always tell a German; but you can't tell him much"

Being of German heritage and a trained aerospace engineer, I can take this in stride.

Thanks.
RR: Bella Coola 2013 / Bella Coola Canada 2012
RR: Our Life Behind Bars
GrizzLee is offline   Reply With Quote