ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #76
B.C.Biker
mighty fine
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: southern interior B.C.
Oddometer: 620
Glad to see Pia making the single led lights. A couple of the trucks I was driving last year here in the "patch" in northern B.C. had single led head lights installed.We got them from Napa. Don't remember the brand name though. It's money no object up there and every combo of light has been tried. These are the only style of light I really liked except for really good halogen.YMMV .I'm not an engineer so don't know why all led lights aren't made like this . The light can be aimed exactly. Better for eyes of the driver and for all those you meet. For a bike they look awesome. $200 sounds like a bargin. Cheap in the long run for sure.
__________________
worship no one.
B.C.Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #77
Cycleman4
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycleman4 View Post
Yes I will get some up tonight.

Still playing with the permanent location.
Cycleman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #78
twinrider
pass the catnip
 
twinrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: 日本
Oddometer: 9,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by worwig View Post
What?
Oops, meant wired in series. Thanks for catching that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worwig View Post
$209 for just 6 watt lights isn't in the "reasonable price" category IMHO.
If you saw them in action, you might change your mind. Very well made and unlike most led lights (which require a dimmer to use with oncoming traffic because they scatter light everywhere) the Piaas put out a bright focused beam where you want it, on the road. In terms of reach they easily outshine the HID high beam on my Dakar.
__________________
2014 350 EXC-F
2011 XT1200Z
2009 FLHR
2006 Djebel 250XC

twinrider screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 04:55 PM
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #79
Urbandrag
KLiM Beotch!
 
Urbandrag's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 140
My thumper has 99 problems...
Lighting ain't one!

I know they are RI knock offs...





Stock headlight



Micro flooters


Leds!

There's a vid on the way to youtube!.
__________________
Diego, a proud 650GS single rida...
Urbandrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #80
Urbandrag
KLiM Beotch!
 
Urbandrag's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 140
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SxkzgQbnFM

__________________
Diego, a proud 650GS single rida...
Urbandrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #81
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by jearnshaw View Post
Think I bought the wrong bike... I have searching the past two weeks on a decent set of LED lights for my Honda Shadow.

HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #82
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
also
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #83
jasonmt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaRosa View Post


27watt 9 led maybe a little too bright but they have 6 led units for less $

The top is driving bottom is flood. Better than most I've tried and I've tried several pricey ones. These run under $60 a pair usually and a Wire Harness off fleabay is under $20 so I would say this is low priced and build quality is excellent.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-...533819858.html
I bought a couple of pairs of these based on the post above and compared to the ADV Monster Model 60's they put out about 1/3 of the light. They are also about a 1/3 - 1/4 of the price so while they will not end up on a bike they will live happily on a bobcat and zoom boom.
jasonmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #84
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.C.Biker View Post
Glad to see Pia making the single led lights. A couple of the trucks I was driving last year here in the "patch" in northern B.C. had single led head lights installed.We got them from Napa. Don't remember the brand name though. It's money no object up there and every combo of light has been tried. These are the only style of light I really liked except for really good halogen.YMMV .I'm not an engineer so don't know why all led lights aren't made like this . The light can be aimed exactly. Better for eyes of the driver and for all those you meet. For a bike they look awesome. $200 sounds like a bargin. Cheap in the long run for sure.
was it just a bulb or an entire auxiliary led light?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #85
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbandrag View Post
My thumper has 99 problems...
Lighting ain't one!

I know they are RI knock offs...

That look really slick, got a link?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #86
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post

$15 Walmart Halogen lights. They are OK.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #87
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
$15 Walmart Halogen lights. They are OK.

Jim
For the $15 or so per pair they are excellent. Maybe my set was made extra well but they completely lit up a building in the foreground from maybe 50 yards. during a blackout.

Just showing the guy with the shadow a slick mounting spot.

By the way, I have had most of the lights in this thread, except for the PIAA LED lights.

Have you found a set yet? The LED lights available from teslaleds are great, they are the same ones that ADVmonster and the 247DIY place sells. They are sold by a local ADV member.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #88
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 50,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
For the $15 or so per pair they are excellent. Maybe my set was made extra well but they completely lit up a building in the foreground from maybe 50 yards. during a blackout.

Just showing the guy with the shadow a slick mounting spot.

By the way, I have had most of the lights in this thread, except for the PIAA LED lights.

Have you found a set yet? The LED lights available from teslaleds are great, they are the same ones that ADVmonster and the 247DIY place sells. They are sold by a local ADV member.
Don't get me wrong, I had a set too! They are equal in light output to the Motolights as they use the same bulb, and not bad chrome.





I got a set from ADV Monster. They were about $110, and put out nice light!





Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #89
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Don't get me wrong, I had a set too! They are equal in light output to the Motolights as they use the same bulb, and not bad chrome.


Jim
Hmm, maybe my motolights were made on a Friday and walmart lights on a Monday, because my motolights were useless. They look really pretty though.

I'll have to pull the walmart lights out of the spares drawer and check em against my LED lights, which are the same as the ADVmonster lights except I got mine from teslaleds.com

I was considering swapping the bulbs out of the walmart lights and replacing them with LED but there are so many choices in MR16 LED bulbs to make your head spin.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #90
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,854
Please keep it civil.. the vendors' comments have been punted...

There are several LED lights vendors in the Vendors forum.. if you have questions for them, please post them there.

Let's here from inmate recommended lights..
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014