Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
MetalHeadT OP
2000 DRZ400E

Oddometer: 19
Street Legal Kick start DRZ400 in Missouri?

Sorry the search isn't working for me. I have located a "dirt only" model DRZ400 and the guy says it has a title, but the title says "4 whl" on it as opposed to (offroad only etc.) and I'm wondering if it's any more difficult to make this street legal as it is the E model. I know the E model can be converted and street legal in Missouri but don't know about this one.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
dallasdrz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadT View Post
Sorry the search isn't working for me. I have located a "dirt only" model DRZ400 and the guy says it has a title, but the title says "4 whl" on it as opposed to (offroad only etc.) and I'm wondering if it's any more difficult to make this street legal as it is the E model. I know the E model can be converted and street legal in Missouri but don't know about this one.
What part don't you understand?
It's east to dualsport/legalize the bike, just buy kit online or make your own (rear brake light,high/low bulb and indicator, mirror,horn,turn signals if required). I hesitated for years but turned out easy, after I bought several pieces to make a kit I then took it to a service station and asked to get it "green sheeted",they never asked me to unload the bike, Just honk horn turn headlight highbeam on and hit brake light-passed! Took to tax/tag office showed paper/insurance walked out with plate.
dallasdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
MetalHeadT OP
2000 DRZ400E

Oddometer: 19
Well I've heard of people making the E models street legal but this isn't an E model, it's a kick start only "dirt" model but I don't know if in MO you can make it street legal with a kit and I don't know why the guy says the title says "4 whl'" that may be a designation that says it's off-road only. I'll call the highway patrol tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
dallasdrz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadT View Post
Well I've heard of people making the E models street legal but this isn't an E model, it's a kick start only "dirt" model but I don't know if in MO you can make it street legal with a kit and I don't know why the guy says the title says "4 whl'" that may be a designation that says it's off-road only. I'll call the highway patrol tomorrow.
My bad, didn't see the kick start part but... My title said 'off road use only' at first, after is passed inspection and the tax office they retitle it or take the offroad use only off the title. If you plan on a lot of street use kick start may not be the best bike , but that's just me.

dallasdrz screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 04:56 PM
dallasdrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
0ldhippie
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
The K doesn't have a battery and has a smaller stator than the E/S/SM so it won't run the lights or horn unless it's running. That is an issue in some states, don't know about yours?