ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Only thing I didnt like about the SE was the bars, changed to Rethal High Bend Fat Bars, made here, cheaper to buy in US. Go figure.

Unlike Misery the stock SE seat kills me in about 120 miles, aftermarket seat or arse pad is advisable. The Adv is a great bike but the SE wins off the slab.
It comes with the Magura stock, right? I can't remember. Didn't like em whatever they were. I'm running the Renthal Ricky Carmichael high bend and love them.

My philosophy on seats is if it hurts your ass you're not riding enough.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #17
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847473 The link to my GSA for those interested.
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
mathews42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Pm sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfklr View Post

send me a pm.
Beads in the headlight a Flying Aga Tale by Isabel Dyson I met these two travelers on their Journey from the UK to Alaska and through South America on a 1979 BMW R100RS. Their book is now on Amazon for Kindle.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Pm sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
you want the se, and you want to send me info on the adv, cuz i'm looking!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews42 View Post
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847473 The link to my GSA for those interested.
Do you enjoy having your mouth washed out with soap.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Do you enjoy having your mouth washed out with soap.
Flashbacks Grandma nooooo!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
It comes with the Magura stock, right? I can't remember. Didn't like em whatever they were. I'm running the Renthal Ricky Carmichael high bend and love them.

My philosophy on seats is if it hurts your ass you're not riding enough.
I see RC HIGH, Doht. Yep I got um too.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
DrKayak
Retro Rider

Oddometer: 748
I have a ADV and would rather have a SE. For one reason --- the fuel tanks on the ADV.

I don't like the damage a small dump on the dirt causes to the tanks.
I don't like the effort it takes to remove them for maintenance.
I don't like the way they look.
I don't like the way they trap heat.....

I do love the way the ADV handles on wicked little back roads and don't think for a minute I would use the SE as a dirt bike. After getting hooked on trials even my 450exc is too damn big.

So, I will never spend the $$ to swap over to a SE.
04 FZ1
DrKayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #24
fastdirt505
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Whatever it takes, get a Super Enduro!!! I got one a few months ago and have put over 3000 miles on it and I cannot wait to ride it again. I love it more than anything I've ever owned. With the intake and exhaust it is like a Trophy Truck on the forest roads and there is nothing that will touch it. It is the baddest dirt bike on the planet period. I ride mine from home to the mountains and spend about 10 hrs. on it when we go out. I usually ride with thumpers and they trailer to the mtns. but I love riding it up there and tagging along with random bikes along the way. It is phenominal on gravel roads due to the wheelbase being 10 inches longer than the average thumper. All of the weight is way down low unlike the big ADV bikes. I'm not a windshield guy and could care less about that. Especially when you see naked bikes everywhere. It is a gas guzzler and you will fill up a lot. If you're under 6' and 200 lbs. I can see where you would have problems handling it. The worst thing about is they are an endangered species and it's sad to know that every mile is one mile closer to it's death. Meaning, I wish they would come back out with it along with the HP2, but that's not what people want I guess and I don't care to ride with those people. Get one!!!!
fastdirt505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
SFKLR
Noob. Again.

Oddometer: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
The worst thing about is they are an endangered species and it's sad to know that every mile is one mile closer to it's death.
I think the oft-documented 100K service life of a well-cared for LC8 bodes well for keeping the SE for many years. Wear out the engine and simply bore it out, get new pistons, or find a replacement OEM or slightly used 950 or 990. Good as brand new. There should be plenty of LC8 parts around for decades. If I were stockpiling to keep the bike forever, I suppose I'd get a spare oil tank first, maybe a swingarm. Anything else that isn't otherwise replaceable from another bike??
SFKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 268
Se!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdirt505 View Post
Whatever it takes, get a Super Enduro!!! Get one!!!!
Like land, they are a limited resource, & worth the wait. As others have said, it's a shame they are no longer available. I had an 05.5 ADV. Loved it. SE is lust. You will know when you own one.

At times, I see myself wanting a tweener bike like a 690r when the gap b/w a true dirt bike & the SE seems large. But then I ride it & say to my self, Ooohh, I remember. If off-road is in your big bike future, it's the choice.

It's a smile factory. I just put new knobbies on mine this afternoon for a ride on Wed, and am smiling thinking about how fun its gonna be.
JRod152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
bykpimp
Live and let ride

Oddometer: 1,408
I have/had 2 SE's 2 950 adv's and a 990 adv. The SE's are obviously better off road then the Adventures, The Adventures are more comfortable for me. Hated my 08 990 and went back to my beloved 05.5.

All that being said. One of my customers bikes is here and for sale. 07 950 SE . 9k miles, Reklusse clutch, 2-1 exaust, aux' tank, Scotts damper, Baja Designs HID light , spare wheels etc........... Asking $7200 PM me for details.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #28
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

pM sent for For contact info. Dibs! I want it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mathews42 screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 05:36 PM
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #29
RogerDe
Dust In The Wind

Oddometer: 266
Sound's like a good buy on the 07 SE, I have 11,500 miles on my 07 this bike is Awesome ..by back tire's 2 @ a time if you can this bike eat's back tire's..I'm grinnin all the way ,no regret's ...Ride On...
Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
mathews42 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Great deal indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk