ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Dudley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Looking for riding partner fo AK trip

I'm planning a 2014 trip to Deadhorse and other hot locations. I'm looking to meet another rider who would like to make the trip as well. I live in the Twin-cities and am retired so I'm flexable on dates.
PM if you think it may work for you.
Dudley

1996 Triumph Trophy 900
1989 Honda Transalp
2010 KTM 690 Duke
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
*Gravy*
Jedi Loser

Oddometer: 3,792
This ride is on my list of wants. I wish you luck finding someone to go with.

Maybe you want to post just a little bit about your riding style (speed, distance, etc.), lodging preferences (tent, hotel, etc.), and anything else someone might want to know before committing to spending a week or two together. Good luck, I wish you a wonderful trip.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Dudley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Gravy* View Post
This ride is on my list of wants. I wish you luck finding someone to go with.

Maybe you want to post just a little bit about your riding style (speed, distance, etc.), lodging preferences (tent, hotel, etc.), and anything else someone might want to know before committing to spending a week or two together. Good luck, I wish you a wonderful trip.
Good point.

I'm looking at 2014 as 2013 is booked with work (MSF classes) and a trip to the Isle of Man. I am retired so I am flexible on dates to ride but am thinking a time of year to avoid most of the bugs, if thats possible. I ride 200-750 miles a day or what ever ground we need to cover. I like to mix up camping and staying in hotels. I can cook at the campsite or hit cafes. I will ride my trusty 1989 Honda Transalp which is a great 60-65 mph bike so 2 lane roads work best for me.

One of the bad habits I have is to pound on the trip then wish I had stopped to check things out along the way so I hope to stop and smell the Roses more.

I look forward to hear from some of you.

Dudley

1996 Triumph Trophy 900
1989 Honda Transalp
2010 KTM 690 Duke
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Nordo
GS Geezer

Oddometer: 22
Possible..

Dudley,

May work for me in 2014. I just retired last week and can be somewhat flexible also. I am contemplating AK trip summer '13. Rode to AK July 2007, foul weather prevented trip to DeadHorse, and tight schedule didn't allow waiting around. I still want to do the Dalton....and maybe Dempster..
I will PM you and talk...

Nordo
Nordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
judjonzz
Beastly

Oddometer: 1,967
Tom Bickner and Greg Saunders were kicking around an Alaska trip last weekend in Hudson. They may be talking 2013, but you never know. You can find either of them on TC_Dualsport: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...guid=134437470
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
tbickner
tbickner

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
I'm planning a 2014 trip to Deadhorse and other hot locations. I'm looking to meet another rider who would like to make the trip as well. I live in the Twin-cities and am retired so I'm flexable on dates.
PM if you think it may work for you.
Dudley
I'm looking at 2013 for AK but I would be interested in additional trips this year. You and I have some things in common. I've owned and raced: 71 250 Yamaha DT1, 71 650 Triumph TR6C, 74 and 75 Bultaco Alpina, 76 Bultaco Frontera, WR450F (not raced). I currently have a 2005 KLR and a 2008 WR250R which I will use for AK. Your a couple of months older than me and I am still capable of some good rides ranging from single track to hiway, I assume you are also.

Tom Bickner, retired.
Afton, MN
tbickner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
blacktruck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Thumb Might make it.....

Hey Dudley
I'm interested. I'm still on this project and away from the area for this year but next year I'm really hoping to do this ride too. Keep me posted on developing details if you will. I had the same idea to make it a trip to see some sights and not a mad dash to the north country.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
UFFDA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Planning

I have been trying to convince some of my riding buddies to do the AK ride. No takers yet. I like your plan as it suits my riding style. I to am retired without time restraints. At present I am planning some rides in the lower 48 for this summer. PM me if interested.

UFFDA

Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
oldNbold
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Im planning for 2014 as well. I am pretty much locked in to the month of July. I teach, but not for much longer. I am sneaking up on retirement.