Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #166
nowgrn4
Rainmaker

Oddometer: 56
HHhhmmm....................http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ooa98FHuaU0
Old 01-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #167
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
control?

i have read some but not all of these ideas as to how we should all respond to this forth coming propaganda, and i see that even here there are ideas too numerous to discuss with counter ideas.
but heres my 2cents......................
i for one am a gun owner and have been since i was 5 years old, yes five.
i have a feeling that even though we are trying to talk about gun control it's freedom that we are discussing, speech, firearms , race, creed, all of our freedoms are really whats on the line here.
i feel that if we give up our right's to own and bear firearms the next would be our right to disagree with those we have voted for to represent us. our fore fathers thought about how their country would evolve and tried to place rules that would protect" we the people" . then next who's to say?????
fore sight, now, we have some in posistions of leadership that want to remove our freedoms so that their jobs would be made easier, easier to herd us into what ever they wished.
during our lives there comes a time to react to oppression and to stand up and say no, i will not go along with everything you say. i have a mind , a mind that is impressed with what came before me, a mind that respects my fore fathers sacrifices, and a mind that can when pressed inflict hell and damnation onto those that would want to over power me and control me.
i feel that the media has over stepped it's right's and is now twisting and deceiving the nation into believing what they what us to belive. i have said it for years but it bears repeating "THE MEDIA WILL BE THE END OF THE NATION THAT WE ALL HAVE ENJOYED , TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BAD!"
i would also say that even though this is a country that has always welcomed people from everywhere on earth, it is in my opinion that persons not from here should not interject their believes based on their home countries teachings onto us . we in america have been doing just fine for years and don't need any outside help.
if my thoughts have insulted anyone's feelings ....... well it's just too bad.
and if and when the shooting starts............... it would be smart to be beside me rather than in front of me.
george

Old 01-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #168
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,904
This is awesome

supporting documents

more discussion fodder

FBM, you do not stand alone buddy.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #169
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,548
Im IN

I will be right there beside you two... well maybe a little to the back and behind...

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #170
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Dammit Rick Scott, Get On It !!
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #171
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
A little off topic, but I have a guy that wants to trade me an $1100 Mathews compound bow, one of which I have been thinking about buying, for a Mini 14 that I don't really use much....I'm torn because I may never be able to replace the mini...

Thoughts ?

oh, and JayDee, I think I'm gonna hang on to that Eotech....
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #172
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,986
This thread makes me proud to be a Floridian.
Ginger Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #173
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
A little off topic, but I have a guy that wants to trade me an $1100 Mathews compound bow, one of which I have been thinking about buying, for a Mini 14 that I don't really use much....I'm torn because I may never be able to replace the mini...

Thoughts ?

oh, and JayDee, I think I'm gonna hang on to that Eotech....
Don't do the trade......... used bows depreciate much faster than guns and due to the panic it be worth more than $1,000 IMHO
I shot my Alpine one season and it gets little use anymore. Still nice to know it is there if I need it You can pick up deals on leftovers from the previous year cheap if you really want a bow.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #174
clark-kentski
PartiallyBionic

Oddometer: 902
http://www.youtube.com/embed/vsVCHE7ayPE?rel=0

Which one of you FF's was it?...Charter contributor
XR650R ?? Yes Doctor,that's the one.
clark-kentski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #175
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark-kentski View Post
You don't just walk in to Gunny's diner and get the goods!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #176
scotteroni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
I don't own a gun but I wonder if people would actually feel more secure or apprehensive attending public events where handguns are allowed. I think If I was in a movie theater with my kids and I saw someone that wasn't a uniformed security guard with a side arm I would probably feel a little nervous and report it to the management. Even more so if they seemed a little, boisterous, rude or wore a t shirt that had hostile wording. If the management told me they could do nothing about it as it's legal, I would probably walk out. I guess I could spend a few minutes trying to figure out if the persons a potential threat before hand but it's not my job to screen people that should or shouldn't be armed and Im not taking chances. But that's just me. I wonder how the general public would respond in a similar situation. We used to have a guy in our small tourist town that like to dress up like a chip patrol officer with a side arm. He didn't actually wear badges and his motorycle wasnt marked but he rode and strutted around town with his pencil mustache, mirrored sunglasses and polished knee boots enough to convince the casual observer that he was the real deal. He was a regular fixture around town for many years until the local police had enough complaints from the locals that were feeling intimidated by his visible presence that they had to do something about it. What it was i don't know.

I also wonder if a few people were carrying in the aurora movie theater would they be able to be of any real help or cause more problems?. Apparently the movie theater was dark, the movie was playing loud and the perp tossed some smoke cannisters inside the theater. When he first started firing patrons thought it as a joke and part of the event. The police spend hundreds of hours training in high intensity chaotic situations on a regular basis. Split decison judgments are made as to real or perceived threats. Is there potential for armed citizens to make mistakes and kill someone that was not a real threat and had a fake gun for theatrical purposes? Is it possible that armed citizens "good guys" pursuing or firing at the "bad guys"could actually hinder the police from subduing the shooter by getting in the way or confusing the police as to who the real "bad guy" is? is it possible that all the "good guys" could mistake each other for the "bad guys" in that chaotic environment and acutally wound or kill more innocent bystanders by mistake? I guess there' no easy answers but i thought it would be worth asking.
scotteroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #177
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotteroni View Post
I don't own a gun but I wonder if people would actually feel more secure or apprehensive attending public events where handguns are allowed. I think If I was in a movie theater with my kids and I saw someone that wasn't a uniformed security guard with a side arm I would probably feel a little nervous and report it to the management. Even more so if they seemed a little, boisterous, rude or wore a t shirt that had hostile wording. If the management told me they could do nothing about it as it's legal, I would probably walk out. I guess I could spend a few minutes trying to figure out if the persons a potential threat before hand but it's not my job to screen people that should or shouldn't be armed and Im not taking chances. But that's just me. I wonder how the general public would respond in a similar situation. We used to have a guy in our small tourist town that like to dress up like a chip patrol officer with a side arm. He didn't actually wear badges and his motorycle wasnt marked but he rode and strutted around town with his pencil mustache, mirrored sunglasses and polished knee boots enough to convince the casual observer that he was the real deal. He was a regular fixture around town for many years until the local police had enough complaints from the locals that were feeling intimidated by his visible presence that they had to do something about it. What it was i don't know.

I also wonder if a few people were carrying in the aurora movie theater would they be able to be of any real help or cause more problems?. Apparently the movie theater was dark, the movie was playing loud and the perp tossed some smoke cannisters inside the theater. When he first started firing patrons thought it as a joke and part of the event. The police spend hundreds of hours training in high intensity chaotic situations on a regular basis. Split decison judgments are made as to real or perceived threats. Is there potential for armed citizens to make mistakes and kill someone that was not a real threat and had a fake gun for theatrical purposes? Is it possible that armed citizens "good guys" pursuing or firing at the "bad guys"could actually hinder the police from subduing the shooter by getting in the way or confusing the police as to who the real "bad guy" is? is it possible that all the "good guys" could mistake each other for the "bad guys" in that chaotic environment and acutally wound or kill more innocent bystanders by mistake? I guess there' no easy answers but i thought it would be worth asking.

In Texas I'm probably a stones throw away from multiple people who are armed everyday. I'm usually armed myself when not going to or from work. I've never felt unsafe anywhere I've went in this state at anytime.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #178
scotteroni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
In Texas I'm probably a stones throw away from multiple people who are armed everyday. I'm usually armed myself when not going to or from work. I've never felt unsafe anywhere I've went in this state at anytime.
If people don't ever feel unsafe where you live then why is it necessary to keep a gun so close at hand?. Not being critical, or trying to judge . Im really interested to know about the culture in Lone Star State and why its a normal sight to see the average guy walking around with a side arm just doing errands.
scotteroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #179
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,539
I don't usually (ever) post stuff in this kind of thread but I have to get it off my chest. I work with a couple of lefty northeasterners who constantly question just about everything I do in my free time and I just have this comment to make.... I am sick and tired of people who are not involved in any kind of shooting sports questioning what kind of gun I "need" to own.

Last I checked, for the time being anyway, this is still a free country and I don't have to "need" anything to justify it, from a 180mph motorcycle to a 7000#SUV to a 200 gallon air compressor, all of which are equally capable of hurting someone when used incorrectly.

I don't know how to say this any other way, but people like liberals, most Canadians, and other people who don't participate in any hunting or shooting sports just don't get it, and therefore couldn't care less if their personal opinions affect anyone else's interests, hobbies, or culture.
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #180
AviatorTroy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
i have read some but not all of these ideas as to how we should all respond to this forth coming propaganda, and i see that even here there are ideas too numerous to discuss with counter ideas.
but heres my 2cents......................
i for one am a gun owner and have been since i was 5 years old, yes five.
i have a feeling that even though we are trying to talk about gun control it's freedom that we are discussing, speech, firearms , race, creed, all of our freedoms are really whats on the line here.
i feel that if we give up our right's to own and bear firearms the next would be our right to disagree with those we have voted for to represent us. our fore fathers thought about how their country would evolve and tried to place rules that would protect" we the people" . then next who's to say?????
fore sight, now, we have some in posistions of leadership that want to remove our freedoms so that their jobs would be made easier, easier to herd us into what ever they wished.
during our lives there comes a time to react to oppression and to stand up and say no, i will not go along with everything you say. i have a mind , a mind that is impressed with what came before me, a mind that respects my fore fathers sacrifices, and a mind that can when pressed inflict hell and damnation onto those that would want to over power me and control me.
i feel that the media has over stepped it's right's and is now twisting and deceiving the nation into believing what they what us to belive. i have said it for years but it bears repeating "THE MEDIA WILL BE THE END OF THE NATION THAT WE ALL HAVE ENJOYED , TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BAD!"
i would also say that even though this is a country that has always welcomed people from everywhere on earth, it is in my opinion that persons not from here should not interject their believes based on their home countries teachings onto us . we in america have been doing just fine for years and don't need any outside help.
if my thoughts have insulted anyone's feelings ....... well it's just too bad.
and if and when the shooting starts............... it would be smart to be beside me rather than in front of me.
george
And that is a great rant, much better than my own. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, no matter what the media wants to make you believe...
AviatorTroy is offline   Reply With Quote