Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #181
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotteroni View Post
you talk like you've never had this discussion before man. and like you didn't read a word from this thread. I didn't scour your post but it looks like all of your (rhetorical) questions have already been answered already on this particular thread.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #182
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 6,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorTroy View Post

I don't know how to say this any other way, but people like liberals.............. couldn't care less if their personal opinions affect anyone else's interests, hobbies, or culture.

I feel the need to speak up regarding the above quote.

I tend to be very liberal on most things and have voted mainly Dem most of my adult life (though not in the last two elections). I was raised by a hippie father that is also very liberal. He taught me how to hunt, how to fish and how to cultivate plants for food as well as how to forage for wild edibles. He taught me how to properly use a firearm at the age of 6. He is a firm supporter of the 2A ( as am I ) and understands that gun bans are nothing more than a power grab by the government.

This is not a partisan issue. This is not nor should it be another chapter in the ridiculous book of divisive party vs party/citizen vs citizen verbal warfare. This is a problem of an overreaching government that wants to steal our freedoms. If anyone truly feels that either party has the peoples best interest in mind they need to step back a few paces and look at the two party system as a whole before they ever point another finger because it is clear that they are missing clarity with regards to the big picture. Honestly we can go back and forth all day with each of us citing anti-freedom legislation that one party or another has forced upon the American populous and in the end all we will be is angry at one another. Nothing will have been resolved and neither one of us will change our minds politically.

In the end , those of us that see the guidelines set forth by our forefathers as something more than just pieces of paper to be manipulated by the whims of corrupt politicians and an even more corrupt corporate political structure need to stand hand in hand on these matters and stop allowing the media and our government to control our minds to the point where we would rather fight with one another than fight them. A divided people will never rise up and if we choose to never come together and rise up then we truly deserve whatever we get.

3 weeks solo: Overland Expo East ,Barber Vintage Fest and beyond
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #183
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
I feel the need to speak up regarding the above quote.

I tend to be very liberal on most things and have voted mainly Dem most of my adult life (though not in the last two elections). I was raised by a hippie father that is also very liberal. He taught me how to hunt, how to fish and how to cultivate plants for food as well as how to forage for wild edibles. He taught me how to properly use a firearm at the age of 6. He is a firm supporter of the 2A ( as am I ) and understands that gun bans are nothing more than a power grab by the government.

This is not a partisan issue. This is not nor should it be another chapter in the ridiculous book of divisive party vs party/citizen vs citizen verbal warfare. This is a problem of an overreaching government that wants to steal our freedoms. If anyone truly feels that either party has the peoples best interest in mind they need to step back a few paces and look at the two party system as a whole before they ever point another finger because it is clear that they are missing clarity with regards to the big picture. Honestly we can go back and forth all day with each of us citing anti-freedom legislation that one party or another has forced upon the American populous and in the end all we will be is angry at one another. Nothing will have been resolved and neither one of us will change our minds politically.

In the end , those of us that see the guidelines set forth by our forefathers as something more than just pieces of paper to be manipulated by the whims of corrupt politicians and an even more corrupt corporate political structure need to stand hand in hand on these matters and stop allowing the media and our government to control our minds to the point where we would rather fight with one another than fight them. A divided people will never rise up and if we choose to never come together and rise up then we truly deserve whatever we get.
Very well stated, but I have to also say that Troy's statement is valid from my personal experience as well....you have apparently shed your blinders, but If I have another one of my liberal associates ask me why I need a "machine gun" to go hunting, I'm going to go out of my mind....
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #184
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,920
You use a "machine gun" to hunt?

Must not be much meat left after you're done. Either that or you missed and went through a shitload of ammoe!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #185
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,832
2A isn't about hunting Brother. It's about all enemies- Foreign and Domestic
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #186
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”- Patrick Henry

Any questions?
Quote:
My bad
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #187
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
You use a "machine gun" to hunt?

Must not be much meat left after you're done. Either that or you missed and went through a shitload of ammoe!
My point. Fucking Commie.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #188
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,920
If I were you, I would use a grenade launcher next time!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #189
Hatch
PAR OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
...This is not a partisan issue. This is not nor should it be another chapter in the ridiculous book of divisive party vs party/citizen vs citizen verbal warfare. This is a problem of an overreaching government that wants to steal our freedoms. If anyone truly feels that either party has the peoples best interest in mind they need to step back a few paces and look at the two party system as a whole before they ever point another finger because it is clear that they are missing clarity with regards to the big picture. Honestly we can go back and forth all day with each of us citing anti-freedom legislation that one party or another has forced upon the American populous and in the end all we will be is angry at one another. Nothing will have been resolved and neither one of us will change our minds politically...
A-fucking-men! I cringe every time someone turns the conversation into "rep vs dem" "cons vs lib" "label vs label"
They truly mean NOTHING. All it is, is bullshit rhetoric designed to divide the people. Here is a pretty good lil video giving examples of how made up words can stir up emotion

The two party system has systematically ground this country to a halt as far as political process goes. Nothing changes, nothing gets better (unless you're a career politician)

and the old saying "anyone can grow up to be president" is Class-A BULLSHIT. you know it, I know it, we all know there is a ruling class in this country that are completely out of touch with most of America. Granted, occasionally some semi-human types break into the game of American politics (see Ron Paul) but for the most part they are sub-humanoid monsters with minds like lawyers. And we all generally have the same opinion there right?

and I absolutely agree that this thread truly does share relevance to all of this - you can't talk about one particular "right" without bringing up all of them as a whole, which then brings up the government in general. It is all relative.

Now, regarding rights, I found yet another perfect example of someone else already saying what I am thinking:

What it boils down to is the gradual erosion of our standard of living here in America. The erosion has been going on for generations, and there are plenty of distractions and improvements in other places to keep our minds off of it. What is it coming to you ask? Why would anyone want to do this? It goes back to "Collectivism" friends. The powers that be, want more power. How does one do that? to control more people. How do you control more people? World economy, global thinking, United nations, Council on foreign affairs. That is where we're headed on the current track we get railroaded further down everytime we vote for a "republicrat" who pretends to stand this way or that on "key issues" which is another bullshit facade to give "voters" the illusion of choice. While we're on the subject, voting doesn't do a damn thing at the presidential level, the electoral college does. Not saying all voting is bullshit, but the presidential election is. Not that it matters anyways, he's just a figurehead. the cabinet, the senate, the congress, and our state reps of various importance are the ones who truly run things.

So, what would I do to fix this you ask? Do I have any answers to these problems? Of course! Non-interventionism, for one. Worked pretty damn well for us before..
Once we've concentrated our resources on ourselves, things will IMMEDIATELY start to look up. Jobs would flourish, debt would get eroded away, and we could start really concentrating on the problems within our corrupt government.

Now, I know some of you might see my comments as anti-american, that I should "go live in xx country then tell me how bad it is here" and to those of you, I say why should we compare ourselves to other countries? We have been part of the best country in the world for a pretty good stretch now, just ask all the immigrants! When people pick up their entire family and way of life to come here, I'd say its because we have something special. So why wouldn't we want it to be the best damn country it could be? Yes I am talking about idealism, whats so wrong with being idealist? I can damn sure envision how fucking awesome this country could be if it weren't for the bullshit, so whats so wrong with complaining then offering solutions to fix the bullshit?

/soapbox
Old 01-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #190
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
If I were you, I would use a grenade launcher next time!
Those were banned in 94 so now I use a rocket launcher but that lib bitch in Cali wants to ban those too.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #191
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebornman View Post
i have read some but not all of these ideas as to how we should all respond to this forth coming propaganda, and i see that even here there are ideas too numerous to discuss with counter ideas.
but heres my 2cents......................
i for one am a gun owner and have been since i was 5 years old, yes five.
i have a feeling that even though we are trying to talk about gun control it's freedom that we are discussing, speech, firearms , race, creed, all of our freedoms are really whats on the line here.
i feel that if we give up our right's to own and bear firearms the next would be our right to disagree with those we have voted for to represent us. our fore fathers thought about how their country would evolve and tried to place rules that would protect" we the people" . then next who's to say?????
fore sight, now, we have some in posistions of leadership that want to remove our freedoms so that their jobs would be made easier, easier to herd us into what ever they wished.
during our lives there comes a time to react to oppression and to stand up and say no, i will not go along with everything you say. i have a mind , a mind that is impressed with what came before me, a mind that respects my fore fathers sacrifices, and a mind that can when pressed inflict hell and damnation onto those that would want to over power me and control me.
i feel that the media has over stepped it's right's and is now twisting and deceiving the nation into believing what they what us to belive. i have said it for years but it bears repeating "THE MEDIA WILL BE THE END OF THE NATION THAT WE ALL HAVE ENJOYED , TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING IS BAD!"
i would also say that even though this is a country that has always welcomed people from everywhere on earth, it is in my opinion that persons not from here should not interject their believes based on their home countries teachings onto us . we in america have been doing just fine for years and don't need any outside help.
if my thoughts have insulted anyone's feelings ....... well it's just too bad.
and if and when the shooting starts............... it would be smart to be beside me rather than in front of me.
george

Agreed!

The media is the DEVIL and has brainwashed some but not the rest of us!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #192
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
Agreed!

The media is the DEVIL and has brainwashed some but not the rest of us!

What "media" is it that you speak of? Blogs? Cable news? Broadcast? Facebook? Radio? Newspapers? Magazines? Fox News? MSNBC? CNN? The NRA's web site? The Sierra Club's Twitter feed?

You are the media, the media is you. The idea that there is some large conspiracy of people who huddle trying to come up with ways to strip you of your rights is just laughable. Love your Second Amendment? Great. Check the one right above it.

Man Ball Rolls Through Coloutahrado 2014!
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #193
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Mass media only changes uninformed minds. Direction of change does not matter to the uninformed. Only that they now have been given an opinion. Scribe is right. You seek out the media that fit's your view because it's easier to call it the right one to watch. The media is you.
Quote:
My bad
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #194
freebornman
pointman

Oddometer: 1,230
1st

when you all lose this coveted 1st ,then what will you protect yourselfs with?
i hope we never have to cross the line but if and when it happens the 1st won't help you survive, so huddle around it , let it keep you warm.
myself i prefer a more active roll to survive.
good luck , everyone................
i'm out!
fbm
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #195
Hatch
PAR OG

scribe, buzz, maybe you should check this out and say again how mass media doesn't sway the popular opinion..