User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #196
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,058
Pissed 2nd 4th and 6th on the plastic surgeon table

What gets me is that It's not ONLY the 2nd A but the 4th too.
How's that? Well if they do grandfather the so called assault and high capacity (standard capacity to me) weapons by forcing owners to register them as a Class 3 you (the owners) give the ATF the right to come into your residence and review how your firearms are kept therefore giving away your right against search and seizure without a proper cause. Yes ATF can and I'll knock on your door unannounced without the need of a warrant. (plus let's not forget the proposed $200 tax stamp per rifle! And the hassle of a log book, Headache of the process, need of a trust, etc).
Also, the 6th is on the balance since the President signed "a new lease" to use Guantanamo, but this time to use against "home grown terrorists" (National Defense Authorization Act). Well, this may be fictional -even ridiculous sounding- but fact is stranger than fiction...right?
Yes, they will use Guantanamo to lock up Americans, there goes your 6th Amend. : your right to a speedy "fair" trial.
Anyway, my point is : you can't change the law/constitution to fit your needs and wants. You have to learn to live under the law of the land or move.
AND
Hundreds of thousands if not millions have died to preserve our liberty and freedoms, some died at war trying to preserve our standard of living and the Constitution. Let's not forget them and why they died.

GSAragazzi screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 07:40 PM
GSAragazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #197
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,495
Hatch,
I'm aware of what the machine can to. but I stand by my statement that propaganda does not change the minds of those already in the know. The folks that have conviction on either side of the table will not be swayed. Sheep will go in the direction they are told, and be glad to have the sheepdog there. Few here are sheep, so the mass media is a non issue, and not relevant in this discussion. Don't get me wrong. I am not a fan of smoke and mirrors. You should be able to see through it, and not fear it.

GSA, Look over your paperwork if you have any. Owning an NFA does not force you to give up 4A. Warrantless searches are NOT ok just because you have some extra special toys. Nothing on the form 4 is even close to saying this. No need to set up a trust, it's not a headache, no log book. I know a little about this..
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #198
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
scribe, buzz, maybe you should check this out and say again how mass media doesn't sway the popular opinion..
Right on both counts. Popular opinion is that of the uninformed minds. That is why the fathers gave us a Republic not a Democracy; the masses will always be sheep too preoccupied with their own trivial lives to be informed on issues that really matter.
I have to admit living in the matrix was so much easier. There are times I wish I had taken the blue pill.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #199
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post

What "media" is it that you speak of? Blogs? Cable news? Broadcast? Facebook? Radio? Newspapers? Magazines? Fox News? MSNBC? CNN? The NRA's web site? The Sierra Club's Twitter feed?

You are the media, the media is you. The idea that there is some large conspiracy of people who huddle trying to come up with ways to strip you of your rights is just laughable. Love your Second Amendment? Great. Check the one right above it.
Ok maybe I should elaborate.....I mean the mainstream media. Pure garbage, fear manufacturing and hyperbole!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:42 AM   #200
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
scribe, buzz, maybe you should check this out and say again how mass media doesn't sway the popular opinion..
Certainly there is an element of propaganda and hidden agendas in much of the "media" today, as there always has been and always will be. At the turn of the nineteenth century, William Randolph Hearst used made up stories in his newspapers to beat the drum to invade Cuba and the Philippines, and campaigned about the evils of hemp because he owned interests in timber companies.

But my point is that the old model has been smashed. Large media conglomerates barely exist anymore, let have the power they once did. People who speak about the sinister "media" getting together to direct coverage about (insert whatever they think they're screwed on) sound like they are about 100 years too late.

And as someone who has actually worked in the evil media, I can tell you from firsthand experience that there is (was) no grand conspiracy to control your mind, even before the Internet turned things upside down. There was a lot shitty work done under murderous deadline pressure, and a lot of regurgitated facts/stories/tropes because it was easier, but at no time in 20-plus years of being a journalist was I called into the boardroom and told what or how to write a story. Maybe I was just never high enough up on the food chain? Doubt it.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #201
Warin
Retired

Oddometer: 1,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
Ok maybe I should elaborate.....I mean the mainstream media. Pure garbage, fear manufacturing and hyperbole!
Hmmm - turn it around ...

NRA = Pure garbage, fear manufacturing and hyperbole!

Now you have a balanced argument

Warin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #202
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,530
Bob, fair, unbiased media. ADV Baby!

Just sayin'...
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #203
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Quentin Tarantino is the new, more better Henry Fonda.....Game On bitches !!
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #204
Mugwest OP

Oddometer: 5,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Quentin Tarantino is the new, more better Henry Fonda.....Game On bitches !!
I know both of your references quite well. But i haven't a clue what you're getting at. Is there a new meme i've missed?
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #205
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Kuntz View Post
Bob, fair, unbiased media. ADV Baby!
True dat. The only source I believe anymore.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #206
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
I know both of your references quite well. But i haven't a clue what you're getting at. Is there a new meme i've missed?
Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTE8FPgHeE4&sns=em

I'm of course being sarcastic, as I believe both Hollywood and the Gaming industry are each are equally responsible for current social state regarding violence in this country, but the gubm't won't hold THEM accountable as they are liberal bafoons as well and it doesn't fit the Dem anti gun agenda that has existed for decades before Sandy Hook.
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 AM   #207
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,834
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 AM   #208
Jack Daniel
See Ya At The Swamp

Oddometer: 11,967
Speaking of "Gun Control"

Been thinking about a dual pistol set-up

Want to carry both 92FS pistols along with four extra clips

Currently housed in Bianchi military garb

Any suggestions?

The Scrub The Swamp

Jack Daniel screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 06:47 AM
Jack Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #209
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,495
I suggest you use a "clip" in your M1 Garand, and "magazines" in your 92FS's

Being that the M9 is current, and widely used you'll have no trouble finding magazines, and leather for them. I carried two 1911's in a Galco Miami Classic, and a couple spare mags on my belt. Just bought a righthanded holster for the Galco, and put both in the shoulder rig.
BTW I also have a 1911 shoulder rig from The Jackass Leather Company- They made the origional Miami Classic for the TV series.

Here's a couple 92's for ya

Here is a belt rig I used when I shot practical pistol.

Works great on a Delta Elite too

Sadly, All were lost in a tragic boating accident
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post

If Lone Wadie rode a motorcycle, he'd be endeavoring to persevere on a KLR, no doubt
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #210
ineptizoid
Dust. Wind. DUDE!

Oddometer: 4,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
I carried two 1911's in a Galco Miami Classic, and a couple spare mags on my belt.
You carried two 1911s? Yer a certifiable badass, like Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing

I can't even shoot one gun accurately, let alone two

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote