User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #106
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Fact of the matter still remains

Make it illegal and I just won't buy it legally.
Crazies will always be crazy.
No amount of prep or drills will prepare you for watching kids get killed.
An armed teach would have dropped him after the first shot.

If the 2nd meant anything he would have been too scared to try it in the first place.
Our country was founded by radicals with guns. The day that ideal dies our country dies with it.
Remember your history

Our country was founded by radicals with guns. The day that ideal dies our country dies with it.
BigSingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #107
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
Indeed, sir. Let us not forget.

"Resisting Tyranny" gets more slippery, no?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #108
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
That's the parts I choose to forget.
Our country was founded by greedy genocidal traitors.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #109
BigSingle
Gnarly Adventurer

Gun control is best described as finite control of trigger finger.
Squeeze = Bang
No Squeeze = No Bang

Anything else is politics.

Trying to justify crazy = Just plain crazy

Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #110
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Old 12-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #111
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
license to own and use a firearm..
ahh yes, the proverbial gun owners registry... then they know precisely who has legally purchased guns. and the criminals will still have theirs.

let me make an analogy - do all drivers who have drivers licences instantly become great drivers? hell no.

does everyone on the road have a license? hell no.

just pointing out the failures in that system, ala ineptizoid's gordian knot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAragazzi View Post
I'm in the the school of thought that you win with oppressive fire, not flying the white flag.

best defense is a good offense!

mug - you seem to be holding something back, what is it that you're getting at? do you have a solution that you've worked out, and you're just holding back for the right time to present it?
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #112
Mugwest OP

Oddometer: 5,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
mug - you seem to be holding something back, what is it that you're getting at? do you have a solution that you've worked out, and you're just holding back for the right time to present it?
Solution? Jeebus-Dentures i wish, brother Jerry. Like you and many others, i was schooled 'Wish in one hand, shit in the other.' We know which hand fills up first.

I didn't start this thread to parade my own experience-earned beliefs around. I started it to get respected local FF voices aired on the topic of impending national thought/debate that Sandy Hook will inevitably bring out. I aimed to short-circuit the Debate swamping the various local threads a'la VC Jacket by giving a dedicated Sandbox place for the Talk.

If i'm being called out on my "resisting Tyranny" series, then i realize i was being too subtle. Damn me for being too subtle, but don't damn me for trying to spark thought.

I was raised with firearms. Taught to respect them and honor marksmanship and skill. Shot competition w/ .22 Mossbergs in high school ROTC. Those experiences = Gold

All my stash is inherited, and i keep them as honored gifts from my forebears who taught me so much-- about the forest, birds, plants, wildlife, and self-reliance. In the sad duty today of final closing-down of mother's house, i realized i'd left my very first firearm-- a Marlin semi-auto .22 rifle-- in one of the closets. It's a simple, beautiful piece. A little surface rust now, but i'm going to bring it to my home and clean it up. And maybe hand it off one day.

Friends, I've never purchased a firearm. All my shit's been passed down. But if i ever do it would be an AR variant or Mini14. That should tell you all you need to know about my stance on bans, confiscation et al.

See? Folks are complex.

Best, all

MRP
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #113
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Anybody know where I can get one of these gems... just fucking because I'd like to bring it to the next Olustee reenactment

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #114
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,739
Mug- Complex, but true to yourself. A trait needed in massive amounts and sadly lacking

Eloy, I may be able to help ya out. Billy got ammoe for it?
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #115
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Anybody know where I can get one of these gems... just fucking because I'd like to bring it to the next Olustee reenactment

It's on wheels. Just hook it to the Rat Wagon's hitch and hit the gas.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #116
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
Eloy, I may be able to help ya out. Billy got ammoe for it?

I don't think he has 105mm dies!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #117
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,365
Quote:
Solution? Jeebus-Dentures i wish, brother Jerry. Like you and many others, i was schooled 'Wish in one hand, shit in the other.' We know which hand fills up first.

I didn't start this thread to parade my own experience-earned beliefs around. I started it to get respected local FF voices aired on the topic of impending national thought/debate that Sandy Hook will inevitably bring out. I aimed to short-circuit the Debate swamping the various local threads a'la VC Jacket by giving a dedicated Sandbox place for the Talk.

If i'm being called out on my "resisting Tyranny" series, then i realize i was being too subtle. Damn me for being too subtle, but don't damn me for trying to spark thought.

I was raised with firearms. Taught to respect them and honor marksmanship and skill. Shot competition w/ .22 Mossbergs in high school ROTC. Those experiences = Gold

All my stash is inherited, and i keep them as honored gifts from my forebears who taught me so much-- about the forest, birds, plants, wildlife, and self-reliance. In the sad duty today of final closing-down of mother's house, i realized i'd left my very first firearm-- a Marlin semi-auto .22 rifle-- in one of the closets. It's a simple, beautiful piece. A little surface rust now, but i'm going to bring it to my home and clean it up. And maybe hand it off one day.

Friends, I've never purchased a firearm. All my shit's been passed down. But if i ever do it would be an AR variant or Mini14. That should tell you all you need to know about my stance on bans, confiscation et al.

See? Folks are complex.

Best, all

MRP
Well said, sir.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #118
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
It's on wheels. Just hook it to the Rat Wagon's hitch and hit the gas.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #119
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,887
Quote:
Solution? Folks are complex.

MRP

aye, tis true.

and I want to see that 105 go off.. I've always said if Eglin would charge admission to watch them blow shit up on the ranges, they'd make a killin.

[/threadjack]

back on track, nothing to see here.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #120
Vico1
Takin' it Easy

Oddometer: 5,517
This just in

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote