User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
goondock OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Best Dual Sport Bikes Stage 1 Performance kit for CRF250L

I had a bunch of pictures so I figured I would start a thread. I will get some riding videos on here sooner or later, the holidays make this time of year really busy.

Best Dual Sport Bikes stage 1 kit with the powercore4 I bought the Stage 1 Kit from Best Dual Sport Bikes. Bottom line, WELL worth the money!! I loved the bike before and now I really love it. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth the money or not but I figured why not. So I gave it a try, boy am glad I did. I opted for the kit with the powercore4 little more power, little more sound, little less money. I know a lot of guys on here don't like noisy bikes for their reasons but where I ride noise is not a problem. The kit came with the FMF programmer, Megabomb, Powercore4, 13T sprocket. Installed the 13T the other day and that took me about 30 minutes, took my time and made sure I did it right. Then installed the rest of the kit last night took me 2.5 hours and again that was taking my time and taking photos along the way. It was easy to install,everything went together perfectly and the customer service was quick and on point (had some questions before I bought it). The kit transformed the bike for sure, I am not a light guy, weighing in at 245lbs. Some parts of my commute I would have to downshift for a couple hills along the way, now the bike just pulls and keeps on pulling, power is there when I need it, awesome transformation. Just wanted you guys to know if you are considering the kit it is well worth the money in my opinion. My 2

Folding shift lever

Air box mod

goondock screwed with this post 12-21-2012 at 10:29 AM
goondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
JRaye89
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
I want that same kit also hopefully after Christmas i can get it. I really want the highway dirt bike handguards you have. Do you have more pictures of the handguards on the bike? Also was it a hard install?
JRaye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
dhally
Hammerhead

Oddometer: 2,048
How was the performance with just the sprocket change? I'm wondering how much of the improvement was due to gearing alone...
Tiger 800 - FOR SALE
dhally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
goondock OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRaye89 View Post
I want that same kit also hopefully after Christmas i can get it. I really want the highway dirt bike handguards you have. Do you have more pictures of the handguards on the bike? Also was it a hard install?
Yes I do have more pictures I will post them up. The install was easy specially if you have a dremmel to cut the stock throttle tube but a hack saw would work as well. they dont work with the stock bars thought the inside diameter of the stock steel bars is to large for the threaded insert that is included with the guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
How was the performance with just the sprocket change? I'm wondering how much of the improvement was due to gearing alone...
Sorry i really cant answer that too well .. i put the 13T on and rode it around the block. all I can say is it felt more tourquey for sure. I was too excited to get the other stuff and quickly installed that..
Old 12-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
That's the best bang for the buck improvment for this bike, for sure !

L
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
goondock OP
Adventurer

Quote:

Go here and check out post #778 http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post19955321

there is a little doubling of the lights in the mirrors but not really that bad,I would recommend
Old 12-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
JRaye89
Adventurer

Thanks for the link. Those hand guards and mirrors make the bike look so much better in my opinion. I will have some soon enough. I'm about to install the crf250l fender eliminator from 12oclocklabs it will help on the look also.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
goondock OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Those hand guards and mirrors make the bike look so much better in my opinion. I will have some soon enough. I'm about to install the crf250l fender eliminator from 12oclocklabs it will help on the look also.

Yeah I never liked the look of the big mirrors sticking up and when I came across these. Very smart design how they fold in when you need them to I really like that an the look.

i cut my stock fender up to make it smaller but i still want to get a fender eliminator kit on there.. we will see if santa leaves one under the tree for me. ha ha ha.. if not, that will be my next purchase.. smaller blinkers and the fender kit..

When you get yours installed throw up some pictures and let me know what ya think about it.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,710
I think this bike will be a sales monster for Honda. And the aftermarket folks must be in Heaven!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
JRaye89
Adventurer

I will post pictures on Wednesday. I really want some black plastics for the bike. Anyone know if there are any available yet?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
goondock OP
Adventurer

Quote:
I will post pictures on Wednesday. I really want some black plastics for the bike. Anyone know if there are any available yet?

i want the same the only thing i have found so far is some people used plastidip and painted their plastics.. I have used the stuff before and it is pretty awesome it is a rubber based paint so you spray it on and if you don't like it you can just peel it off no harm to the original plastic.

i am a designer and i have a friend that has a sign and wrap business. I created a graphics kit for it just waiting till after the holidays to get him to print it out and slap it on. i will share once i am done..

i am also going to plastidip my rims black
Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
JRaye89
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goondock View Post
i want the same the only thing i have found so far is some people used plastidip and painted their plastics.. I have used the stuff before and it is pretty awesome it is a rubber based paint so you spray it on and if you don't like it you can just peel it off no harm to the original plastic.

i am a designer and i have a friend that has a sign and wrap business. I created a graphics kit for it just waiting till after the holidays to get him to print it out and slap it on. i will share once i am done..

i am also going to plastidip my rims black
Please let me know how that goes. Hopefully by the end of winter someone will come out with some plastics, if not ill consider the plasti-dip. Thanks and keep us posted
Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #13
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,953
What was the top speed before and what is it now? Is the 13T too low for 60 mph, or okay?

Is the bike still good on the street, or are you mainly using it for trails?

Did you lose much fuel range, or is it about the same?
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
What was the top speed before and what is it now? Is the 13T too low for 60 mph, or okay?

Is the bike still good on the street, or are you mainly using it for trails?

Did you lose much fuel range, or is it about the same?
Achived 140 km/h (87 mph) on highway w/ 13/42.
Never been so fast w/ stock gearing 14/40
DRDspeedo is set at -11.6%, so comparison is accurate.
I don't see any difference in fuel range, just gear up sooner ..
Much better in the dirt, too.

L
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
goondock OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Achived 140 km/h (87 mph) on highway w/ 13/42.
Never been so fast w/ stock gearing 14/40
DRDspeedo is set at -11.6%, so comparison is accurate.
I don't see any difference in fuel range, just gear up sooner ..
Much better in the dirt, too.

L

i second this.. before with my weight it was tough for me to get over 60 I weigh in a 245 without gear.. now she rips right past that and keeps on going.. havent noticed a large drop in fuel but i am sure there is some.. i know my MPG's are less because i rev the bike higher because i like the sound ha ha ha..