Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #811
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
I believe there's a couple of different ways to remedy the kick stand problem...I took a big crescent wrench and bent the bracket that holds the spring...both at the top and bottom....and it worked great....mine had a "hair trigger" worse than any I'd ever seen. I'd for sure have dropped it a couple times by now.
+1

I only bent the lower spring bracket (the loop on the kickstand). Bent it forward a little at at a time....until it worked like I wanted. Been perfect ever since. Took all of 30 seconds to fix, 20 of which was spent retrieving the crescent wrench.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #812
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
It's always hard to decide what to put in a first post on a new forum. How's this?: I just finished the index.

Regards, Bill
Well hot dang.....let's see what you got!

Your linky isn't working....try making it again.

HF
Old 05-26-2013, 05:51 AM   #813
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
it's highlighted text in red not a link ???
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 AM   #814
CatskillBill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
No, it's not a link. Yes, the index is not a fiction. No, I can't show it to you...it's done in the sense that I've been through every word of every post and gotten the index onto file cards. I have to shift it over to WORD before I can think about posting it. Speaking of that....how should it be posted? Can you have a Sticky in a thread? Will I be able to add to it in the future? Any mod or admin who knows vBulletin stuff like this - please give me a shout. Creating the index was kind of sucky, but the posting of it promises to be real fun.

I've written the check for my bike, but can't pick it up because the MOS/title has not yet appeared. In the meantime I've read all the threads in order to avoid asking to be spoon fed information... something I've gotten tired of on other bike sites. The index seemed a no-brainer and, besides, I didn't want to show up emptyhanded.

All for now. Y'all have good holiday weekend. Bill
CatskillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #815
Bigwater30
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Question ...another stupid question. Noise wanted.

Has anyone had luck pulling their muffler baffles? Seems simple, remove the snap ring and pull like heck with a set of pliers. No luck here. Bigger pliers, bigger muscles, bigger better ideas?
Bigwater30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #816
jwdub
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Bigwater30,

If you have a Strada, good luck!
jwdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #817
flabbygears
n00b

Oddometer: 6
meat-a-ball 500

Ok, it's Memorial Weekend so time for more stupid questions about my Strada. Did everyone's bike come with a usb key that is unusable? "Hey! Whatsamattaforu".
Now sing happy birthday for my one week old bike. La la laaa la la la la.
flabbygears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #818
krussell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by flabbygears View Post
Ok, it's Memorial Weekend so time for more stupid questions about my Strada. Did everyone's bike come with a usb key that is unusable? "Hey! Whatsamattaforu".
Now sing happy birthday for my one week old bike. La la laaa la la la la.
More or less, yes. It's got copies of stuff like the manual and acessories catalog, all of which can be downloaded.

http://husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/manuals.php

It's basically useless, well not completely...

Old 05-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #819
Chazbo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by krussell View Post
More or less, yes. It's got copies of stuff like the manual and acessories catalog, all of which can be downloaded.

http://husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/manuals.php

It's basically useless, well not completely...

I downloaded the complete service manual, parts listing, and other useful stuff and put it on the usb card as well as the stuff that came with it. It is easier than carrying a hard copy. I almost always carry a Netbook PC with me when adventure riding or I could go find someplace or someone that has one. It would also be useful to provide to someone doing a repair.

BTW, I figured out that the funny looking plastic thingy on a keychain is a cap holder for the usb drive. It actually is a pretty nice setup.

If you want to throw yours away, throw it my way.
Chazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #820
NextAdventre
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor61 View Post
It didnt look right or it was there not enough clearance?
I didn't care for the look, though I did get a couple of compliments on it. Clearance was not an issue, both fenders can be run if that's your thing.
NextAdventre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #821
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
No, it's not a link. Yes, the index is not a fiction. No, I can't show it to you...it's done in the sense that I've been through every word of every post and gotten the index onto file cards. I have to shift it over to WORD before I can think about posting it. Speaking of that....how should it be posted? Can you have a Sticky in a thread? Will I be able to add to it in the future? Any mod or admin who knows vBulletin stuff like this - please give me a shout. Creating the index was kind of sucky, but the posting of it promises to be real fun.

I've written the check for my bike, but can't pick it up because the MOS/title has not yet appeared. In the meantime I've read all the threads in order to avoid asking to be spoon fed information... something I've gotten tired of on other bike sites. The index seemed a no-brainer and, besides, I didn't want to show up emptyhanded.

All for now. Y'all have good holiday weekend. Bill

Its a simple thing to start a new index thread and ask that members don't post until you are finished. Before long it may get a 5 star rating and become a sticky.

Start like this

Husqvarna TR650 Terra/Strada Index Thread

1. Gas - Gas type used and how toput it in your bike (cut and paste link to that page)
2. Air Filter Access - (cut & Paste link)
3. Tire - and basic replacements )cut & Paste Link) (even if from another forum)
4. Rack....
5. Luggage....
2. How to
Old 05-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #822
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwater30 View Post
Has anyone had luck pulling their muffler baffles? Seems simple, remove the snap ring and pull like heck with a set of pliers. No luck here. Bigger pliers, bigger muscles, bigger better ideas?
If you really want them gone, you could just punch them out with a drill. Many a Triumph and Ural have been handled that way.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #823
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextAdventre View Post
I didn't care for the look, though I did get a couple of compliments on it. Clearance was not an issue, both fenders can be run if that's your thing.
Thanks, I was thinking about triming the upper or lower to look better
Old 05-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #824
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwater30 View Post
Yes, I read (maybe you should search baffle) that somebody did it. After the cir-clip is removed, they are very stubborn to come out but a good tool like vice grips and / or a heavey duty screw driver tapped with a hammer will brak the loose. They are not welded, thats why the cir-clip is there.

He said a bunch of fiberglass packing came out and he ran the bike as he got rid of the packing to help push it out. Got a slightly deeper tone and he wasn't conserned about starting forest fires

here one guy: from Husky Cafe thread: TR650 Exhaust Modification for some reason I cant post the direct link to the Husky Cafe site

Rayzor61 screwed with this post 05-27-2013 at 04:21 AM
Old 05-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #825
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

OMG...Cannisterectomy News Flash!

After racking up 2,500 miles since performing the Cannisterectomy....disconnecting that electrical connection and plugging the Vac-line, you won't believe what has happened.

Absolutely nothing! Bike still runs great.

Just thought I'd give an update, since it was requested I report on it periodically. But, if you're still squeamish or nervous about it, by all means Don't Do It!

HF

P.s. Tire Change coming.....