Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 04:53 AM   #1021
Tweber
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
High five...thanks for the inst/ with pics. I a noob with terra..second post for me.
I will order that ASAP. My terra runs the same and I did get I mossed 2mo ago.
Tweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 AM   #1022
Nev..
wannabe advrider

Oddometer: 213
Thanks from me too HighFive. Mine was shipped a week ago so presuming USPS didn't put it on the slow boat, I should have it any day now. Really appreciate your pictorial !
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #1023
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Booster/ smoke mirrors ...NO!

Ok so I like my TR a lot. I've put about 4500 miles on give or take. Had the stumbling/idle rough off idle and would even sometimes die. Had the moss thing done at a good dealer (Eurosport Asheville) ...problem solved...well almost. It still idled a little funny sometimes. At partial throttle at below 4K rpm I'd usually gear down a gear..or two...just so I wouldn't feel the lumpy running of the Rotax. I chalked this up to the H version of this engine being a Higher Performance version. The similar engine tuned down a bit in the BMW was probably a little smoother but lacked the punch of the H...I figured I'd just live with it. I still LOVED the TR.

Well I knew there was the booster plug. I've got a GS camhead with Poolsides gizmo which does the same. It helped the GS some. I usually don't buy into the big claims some make of headers/ tunes and the like. Most big name companies wouldn't leave free HP on the table....too competitive now days. So more often than not you waste your money. I've been there & done that numerous times.

Well I picked up a booster plug for half price from an inmate. All I can say is it fixed what was wrong with the TR. it's like it should have been to start with. I'm sure the design team at team H knew how to fix the issue but their hands were tied. Big brother and emissions spoil things sometimes. This was one of those times!

This thing idles like a new motorcycle! Gone is the snatchness I figured was normal and had all but decided to live with it. No trade offs as I can tell. Mileage maybe....but I figure it'll do better for me because I'll use a gear or two higher...cause it "likes" lugging around now too. Before it seemed to do better if you'd just let her rip....it still likes that too.

If you can't tell by now I'll just say it....go buy a B/P or one of the many other replicas available. Your TR will thank you! If I were BP I'd offer them as a free trail with no penalty ....my bet is everyone one would be a buyer with zero returns. Go get one!
trapperj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #1024
megatiker75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Hello everyone, sorry for my terrible English but I am translating with google because I do not speak. anyway here are Italian and no one considers this bike. I'm waiting and looking on the net I found you by chance. as the first question please feel I have seen that many of you refer to the workshop manual, can you tell me where to find it? or some good soul can send it to me via email? workshops husqvarna here are very few and I still love to do the maintenance alone but I need all the tightening torques. now calmly read all pages of this thread. thank you very much
megatiker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #1025
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatiker75 View Post
Hello everyone, sorry for my terrible English but I am translating with google because I do not speak. anyway here are Italian and no one considers this bike. I'm waiting and looking on the net I found you by chance. as the first question please feel I have seen that many of you refer to the workshop manual, can you tell me where to find it? or some good soul can send it to me via email? workshops husqvarna here are very few and I still love to do the maintenance alone but I need all the tightening torques. now calmly read all pages of this thread. thank you very much
Parts and workshop manuals can be found here:
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/hus...manuals.31418/

Welcome to the forum!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #1026
megatiker75
Adventurer

Thank you very much ... i love you ...
This forum is fantastic....
Old 06-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #1027
snailrider
Prostpector

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweber View Post
I had a ews / keys not starting problem. Key was in ignition and the spare in front left pants pocket. Went to start bike heard a different click click noise from under seat...gut feeling this is not good but dash looked normal then red warning/hazard light goes on and EWS is displayed....but would not start, tried it many times. Battery was fully charged. So disconnected battery for an hour to maybe reset it,but and still no go. So I cycle the key many times in ignition with spare far away... And bingo warning gone and it started again...

Keys most be farther than two feet from another spare when one is in ignition on my USA model terra. Try this on your bikes if you feeling lucky :-)

EWS.....is good for landfill that's about all.
No problems starting with both keys together.
snailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1028
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by snailrider View Post
No problems starting with both keys together.
+1 Me neither. Fired right up with both keys held together at the ignition switch. No EWS or any other issues displayed or occurred.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #1029
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

This might be cause to dig further into this EWS thing.

- We know that all three manuals say we have it.
- We know that some owners have affirmatively seen it work.
- We know that some owners don't appear to have it.

Maybe it was a late introduction thing? Should we compare VIN's to see if we can find a pattern?

In the meantime, I'd hate to see anyone pay $65 for a key knowing that a blank might work.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:48 AM   #1030
megatiker75
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Parts and workshop manuals can be found here:
http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/hus...manuals.31418/

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry for asking too much if I ask for the manual file in Italian?
I think the original file, as it is an Italian bike, including my lenguage. And that this is a pdf file cut only in the English part. Am I wrong?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #1031
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Sorry for asking too much if I ask for the manual file in Italian?
I think the original file, as it is an Italian bike, including my lenguage. And that this is a pdf file cut only in the English part. Am I wrong?
This is all we have. The parts manual, which is available on Husqvarna's website, is in multiple languages.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #1032
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
High 5

is the wookie a booster plug with a switch? Not much time to read over but does the switch give you the ability to get correct ambiant air temp when the other boosters change the temp readout to trick the ECU leaving you without a correct reading??

Never mind....I get it. Looking forward to the mod. With only a couple hundred miles on the bike so far, I've had a couple iffy situations at intersections that could have been dangerous. I had the Mossectomy but she sometimes stutters, hacks, coughs, and stalls on low revolution pull-offs. And at idle, she sometimes has heart palpitations......Reving the engine a little more helps but like everybody says, it should be perfect from the factory.

Rayzor61 screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 08:30 AM
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #1033
megatiker75
Adventurer

What I saw on the site to be in Italian, but what I need is to pů of the workshop. If by chance you find me can you say? I did not understand the second thing you have written. The one on your head and drinking buddy ... excuse me I'm ignorant like a shoe!!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #1034
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
What I saw on the site to be in Italian, but what I need is to pů of the workshop. If by chance you find me can you say? I did not understand the second thing you have written. The one on your head and drinking buddy ... excuse me I'm ignorant like a shoe!!
It is my signature line when I post from my phone. Nothing important.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #1035
megatiker75
Adventurer

......ok