Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #1171
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuggedExposure View Post
. All I need now is a rear sprocket. Any ideas on where to get one cheap? Steel or aluminum?
Rugged----------nobody runs aluminum sprockets on a traveling machine---they won't last no time.

The only people I know that use them are racers that are trying to save every ounce of weight they can------------and money is no object. Professional Motocross riders don't even run O-ring chains. Their heavy---and harder to turn---they change them every race----and again------money is no object.

As far as getting a new sprocket----I Don't know about cheap----but I guarantee Halls Husqvarna in Springfield, Missouri will have them in stock---------the best Husky dealer in the country-------maybe the world.

Gotta-----go----------------------try out my new seat !!!!!

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 07-12-2013 at 05:30 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #1172
njoytheride
NJOYN' THE JOURNEY

Oddometer: 847
one more MOSS tool thread

Maybe we should pool information on who still has access to the MOSS tool. I live in western Arkansas and the closest we can find one is in Kansas City. Anyone know of acces to one in the Dallas area ?
njoytheride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #1173
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,683
Any joint BMW/Husky dealer should. That means Capital BMW in Raleigh NC and Eurosport in Asheville NC.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #1174
dr_rock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I'm prepared. I own two 60's Triumphs, and decided buying beer in bottles and cans was too expensive. I found a more suitable, faster acting means of coping.

Very nice setup you have there. I like the what I presume to be local Yuengling handle (oldest brewery in the US).
dr_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #1175
dr_rock
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdub View Post
Hey Spokes -M

I'm 6'3" with a Strada. I've removed the peg rubbers, installed the SC tall seat AND I've installed a set of ROX 2" risers. There's just enough cable length by flipping the throttle so the cables run below the bar. The clutch cable rubs on the radiator (reported elsewhere, even on the stock bars) but the use of a cushion clamp (adel clamp) at the top of the radiator in place of the existing clamp will hold the cable immobile along the back of the radiator to prevent chaffing. I've been running this set up for the past 300 miles or so without any problems noted.

Tires: some have reported better results with the Continental TCK on the front and the Heidenau on the rear. I'm going to wait until I wear out the existing tires before I make a change.

I installed the Wuka Plug about 300 miles ago too. My mileage has consistently improved during break in from 51 mpg on the first tank to 63 mpg on the last tank with the Wuka Plug.

The more I ride the Strada the more I like it. It's smooth like the BMW Funduro I had, but it has much more low end pull without chain snatch.
Great to hear about the "tall guy" mods you did. Sounds like they did the trick.
I just sat on a Strada again yesterday and at 6' 5" it's a little tight. The rear suspension feels so much better than my mushy DR650 rear shock (which I know is due for a replacement).
Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #1176
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_rock View Post
Very nice setup you have there. I like the what I presume to be local Yuengling handle (oldest brewery in the US).
Thanks. Yuengling is my mass produced beer of choice. This photo was right after I got it. It has since been upgraded to 4 taps, and it holds 8 5gal kegs of homebrew. I occasionally rotate a commercial keg in the mix though.

The plan is to open my own craft brewery when I retire from the Army. My wife considers all my beer toys to be "business research and development."

Old 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #1177
dr_rock
Adventurer

Very cool. I used to work as a brewer for a mid sized regional here in the upper Midwest. Nothing like having fresh beer on tap at home and maybe you can even use it as a tax deduction somehow.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #1178
kjackbrown
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104

8 taps coming outa the front side of a giant chest freezer at my place. 100% home brewed here
kjackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #1179
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackbrown View Post

8 taps coming outa the front side of a giant chest freezer at my place. 100% home brewed here
Awesome. Is it red?

Old 07-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1180
krussell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Thanks. Yuengling is my mass produced beer of choice. This photo was right after I got it. It has since been upgraded to 4 taps, and it holds 8 5gal kegs of homebrew.
We need your address please.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #1181
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Well, it has just been decided that I'll be brewing for Nottarally. Come join us in Hot Springs, NC for some koelsch in October.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #1182
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
Uh-Oh

Lost my radiator overflow reservoir CAP. The lid to my little white plastic jug is AWOL. Vamoosed....skeedadled....scrammed!

Just noticed it was missing today. Haven't a clue how long it's been on vacation without me.

Tried my F800 GS reservoir Cap. It's appears the right size, but the threads don't seem to be exact. So, I had to order one from my Husky Dealer (Donnell's in KC). They are requisitioning from the Mothership.

Guess we'll find out about the "Parts Availability" thing once & for all.

In the meantime, it's cardboard and duck-tape.

HF

P.s. give her hell, Rugged Exposure!

P.s.2 how's your butt feel now, BigDog....after a real ride?
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #1183
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
nice. a keg of the one and only

Quote:
I'm prepared. I own two 60's Triumphs, and decided buying beer in bottles and cans was too expensive. I found a more suitable, faster acting means of coping.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #1184
RuggedExposure
wandering the desert

Oddometer: 1,223
Jealous of the taps. I'm not in that stage in my life where I can vouch for having a tap, yet. And there is something psychologically soothing about the sound of a long neck cracking open.

Anywho, I posted this on the main Husky Terra 650 page (I try to stay away from there due to the nonsense that often goes on), but I figured I would post it on here too to keep you guys updated.

Since I have only had a few minutes here and there, I decided to put the valves off until Monday, Tues, or Weds.
In the mean time I've been figuring out the mounts for the new rack:

Here is what I have in mind for the 1st model:

This is not to scale, but only a rough sketch. The cross straps in the back will be spaced for mounting a rotopax.

I will draw up a 2nd model with more of a square rack, better suited for mounting a top box or just more cargo space. I didn't have time tonight to render one up because its almost time to go to work.

I also will be welding on smaller loops of tubing, probably two on each side, for ties downs and bungees. These will be MIG welded, and the tubing is 7/8" OD thick wall tubing, bent with a hydraulic tubing bender and notched ends.

Once I get this finished, I will mount the Rotopax on it and do a 1k mile stress test on it. Washboards, jumps, vibrations... just typical shit for me that most people won't be putting their bikes through. I have no doubts of my deisgn or welds holding up, but I'm more concerned about the purchased M8x40mm bolts holding these in place. I've already snapped two off in the frame and they are a bitch to extract. I will more than likely provide mounting hardware with the racks, if I can find some that will hold up to the stresses.

How many people will be interested in the model for the rotopax?
How many interested in the square shaped model for a top box?

Also keep in mind I work a 60/hr week. I'm not going to be punching these out for long. Probably just a handful until I get sick of seeing them and I find something else to occupy my time with.

Border Road 100 Border Road Rally Raid
'13 Husky Terra 650, '08 Kawasaki Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350S
RuggedExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #1185
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,528
Must remember to check the swingarm drains

davorallyfan is offline   Reply With Quote