Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #61
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
I personally whould rather race a 55hp 5** whatever verses a 60hp 654. The much lighter bike
is easier to ride, hence less tiring. On the other hand the larger heavier 690 will just plow thru stuff rather than being tossed about like rag doll. What say the masses.
Is the 690 in the MO class an advantage or a disadvantage?
I think it's the Indian not the arrow. Fast guys will go fast on anything. Slow guys won't.

But for making classes like vs like, I think the rules aren't quite right as they stand. 525s don't belong in open, and 690s belong together regardless of year.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #62
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
I think it's the Indian not the arrow. Fast guys will go fast on anything. Slow guys won't.

But for making classes like vs like, I think the rules aren't quite right as they stand. 525s don't belong in open, and 690s belong together regardless of year.
I agree with the anology, and this was my point. I really don't think at least this class is even with the large displacement spread.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #63
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post

Exactly! The faster folks and the slower folks don't seem to care about classes, its more the people in the middle I think.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #64
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,039
That was a very fun day. And by the Q session you were a lot closer to Jeff than you lead on. If you recall, the Cup grid was mostly Michelin until that round except for Jeff, you, Racer20, and a couple others. By mid day Saturday there was a rush to get Dunlop 160 softs and Race Tire Service ran out for Sunday. Dunlop shipped you and Jeff a set of rears overnight for the money race...so cool and you delivered for them too. After Pocono Dunlop took over that grid.

But yeah, when there is meaningful purse and sponsor support at stake everybody gets less friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
I

My first pro event (and it's a stretch to call it pro. it was small time) was at Pocono in the Aprilia Cup Series. I had never been to another track at that point and I was in no danger of beating anyone near the front of the grid. One lap Jeff Wood passed me just before the front straight and I tucked in behind him, hoping to go to learn how to go around the race track. Two corners into the lap, he saw I was following him and sat up and slowed down until I passed him!

I was sooooo much slower than him and I was not any danger what so every, but it was a serious race with money on the line and he wasn't fooling around anymore.

I even have a picture of it!

This is right after Jeff let me by.

Anyhow, the point being is that I understand exactly what you mean about maintaining the feel of the event, but the real thing NORRA needs to do to is build the rules so a privateer on a limited budget can compete with the big guys. The rest will take care of itself.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #65
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
That was a very fun day. And by the Q session you were a lot closer to Jeff than you lead on. If you recall, the Cup grid was mostly Michelin until that round except for Jeff, you, Racer20, and a couple others. By mid day Saturday there was a rush to get Dunlop 160 softs and Race Tire Service ran out for Sunday. Dunlop shipped you and Jeff a set of rears overnight for the money race...so cool and you delivered for them too. After Pocono Dunlop took over that grid.

But yeah, when there is meaningful purse and sponsor support at stake everybody gets less friendly.
Wait!!!! you were busting on me for not the place for comments etc...at least I tied it to the topic you're talking about a Road Race on the wrong side of the country from the topic
Cheers
johnson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #66
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson357 View Post
Wait!!!! you were busting on me for not the place for comments etc...at least I tied it to the topic you're talking about a Road Race on the wrong side of the country from the topic
Cheers
You are right... I couldn't help myself. But it was a special day to be a pitbox dad. I am hoping to chase for the M1k coming up. Maybe even ride a transit or two.

Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #67
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrodepacas View Post
It would be great to have a long Baja Rally that had bike routes by bajaboundmoto that Hogwild made roadbooks for. So much country and the Altar dunes in Sonora.
Patience! I just got over one big hurdle last night, but there are a dozen more ahead.
HogWild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #68
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
You are right... I couldn't help myself. But it was a special day to be a pitbox dad. I am hoping to chase for the M1k coming up. Maybe even ride a transit or two.

Looking forward to meeting you & hope to see you there. We'll (LAMEco) be racing Honzilla & the Blue Nun.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #69
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Is the first aid kit required for motorcycles too?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #70
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
Quote:
yes just like at ALL SCORE events
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #71
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
Looking forward to meeting you & hope to see you there. We'll (LAMEco) be racing Honzilla & the Blue Nun.
Blue Nun?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #72
Anders Green OP
NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer: 1,990
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
yes just like at ALL SCORE events
Actually, no. The first aid kit is in section 1.4, which is for the cars and trucks. It's not on the list of safety equipment for bikes, which is section 2.

Last year, when the regs for the first aid kit was called "NCR4", this was also the case: NCR4 was not on the required list for any of the moto categories.

If you're preparing a bike, stick to the sections that say Motorcycle in the header, which is 2,3, and 5, and you'll be all set.

And obviously, because you don't have to doesn't mean you can't. That's just common sense. :)

Cheers,
Anders
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #73
johnson357
Bad Monkey Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Green View Post
Actually, no. The first aid kit is in section 1.4, which is for the cars and trucks. It's not on the list of safety equipment for bikes, which is section 2.

Last year, when the regs for the first aid kit was called "NCR4", this was also the case: NCR4 was not on the required list for any of the moto categories.

If you're preparing a bike, stick to the sections that say Motorcycle in the header, which is 2,3, and 5, and you'll be all set.

And obviously, because you don't have to doesn't mean you can't. That's just common sense. :)

Cheers,
Anders
Thanks, I thought that was a car only section but just wanted to be safe.
I think I'll owe Anders a few beers once we get there for all this question answering.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #74
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Blue Nun?

Blue Nun is the name of Chris Grimm's 1978 XT500 Yamaha that he ran in the 2010 Mexico 1000. This bike has manged to find its way into the LAMEco stable & will be racing in this years Mexico 1000 once again.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #75
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
Blue Nun is the name of Chris Grimm's 1978 XT500 Yamaha that he ran in the 2010 Mexico 1000. This bike has manged to find its way into the LAMEco stable & will be racing in this years Mexico 1000 once again.
Looking forward to more details and pictures, will be rooting for all of you on Lameco as well as the Outta Sight guys this year! Be fast and stay safe!