Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
gabyshor OP
ride the world

Oddometer: 13
givi maxia e55 on 1150 gs adventure with aluminium panniers

Hi there!
I want to change the topcase for the 1150 gs adventure with a bigger one ( i have the full aluminium panniers, stock from factory). I wanted to swap it with a givi maxia e55. any advices here? I`m afraid it wont fit (the panniers could not open after fitting the topcase).
gabyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
aGremlin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 517
I'm not sure about the 1150, but I know that yes, the box is too wide on the 1200GSA (OEM panniers). Used a Givi Trekker 46 instead, and it has better clearance (can open, but still fouls a little).
Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
I can open the 1200 GSA paniers with Maxia 55 / 52 and V 46. The panier lids just need to be pulled "out" a bit...not an issue to me.
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
gabyshor OP
ride the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
I can open the 1200 GSA paniers with Maxia 55 / 52 and V 46. The panier lids just need to be pulled "out" a bit...not an issue to me.
it appears to be much wider, over the panniers.i dont imagine how you can pull the lid out of the way. it`s metal and strong hinges...
as a last solution, will take the topcase down when looking into panniers. i really need the extra space in the long trips.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
birdie_xx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
I can't attach the photos now (writing this on my phone) to show both V46 and E55 on my GSA, but on the bike, the width difference is not that large, yet both cases allow the BMW paniers to open. I open mine from the back (hinged upfront), when the lid is above the edges of the case, it can be pulled to the "outside" enough to clear the top case. The front hinge is somewhat flexible . This does not damage the case nor the latches at all.
The E55 is a nice case .

Cheers,
Peter
birdie_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
gabyshor OP
ride the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie_xx View Post
I can't attach the photos now (writing this on my phone) to show both V46 and E55 on my GSA, but on the bike, the width difference is not that large, yet both cases allow the BMW paniers to open. I open mine from the back (hinged upfront), when the lid is above the edges of the case, it can be pulled to the "outside" enough to clear the top case. The front hinge is somewhat flexible . This does not damage the case nor the latches at all.
The E55 is a nice case .
Cheers,
Peter
Hello!
didn`t had the chance to mount the case yet, but now i`m preparing to do so. i want to fit it with some lights. what do you recomend, givi or the kit from admore lightning?
also, how did you guys mount the topcase on the bike (1150 gs adventure)? i have the givi e250 - monokey universal mounting plate with the box. do i need a sw motech rack?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #7
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 355
I've got an E55 mounted on top of a Jesse storage compartment/plate and that allows plenty clearance to open the side panniers on my 1150GSA.

If I can figure out to get a sharable link out of the new Picasaweb, I'll post a photo.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Moto Mark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
I have a similar setup (Zega side cases and GIVI Maxia top case).

I ended up making some 25mm spacers and used longer bolts on the plate for the top case so you could take the lids off without removing the top case.

Pretty easy fix, took about an hour or so.