Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #16
Eric66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Great effort, but on a different note I was reading the other day about how the cops are using U-Tube footage and the like (spot trackers?) to prosecute hoons for speeding and such, maybe ya might need to cover your arse a bit in that regard.
Regards Eric
Eric66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #17
lentil
All round nice guy

Oddometer: 7,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric66 View Post
Great effort, but on a different note I was reading the other day about how the cops are using U-Tube footage and the like (spot trackers?) to prosecute hoons for speeding and such, maybe ya might need to cover your arse a bit in that regard.
Regards Eric
Id be intersted to see how that worked out for them!

unless they catch them on their gear @ the time of the offence my limited understanding of the law is they wouldnt have a leg to stand on. it would be nigh on impossible to prove he was speeding in a court. fogoso speedo could be dodgy or the film may have been tampered with. (as I say this is a simpletons view and in no way represents a serious understanding of the law or police operations)

And if they are like any other NSW state department there resources are stretched pretty thin as it is and they probably dont have time for a more frivoulous adventures like catching Kermit speeding acrossthe country side.

I say I want to see the extra 20 kph fogo promised me by text on his way back from bourke with quirky!

Apple fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
It's the classic freudian slip... "come out of the closet, and jump into the jaccuzzi with the rest of us..."
lentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lentil View Post
Id be intersted to see how that worked out for them!

unless they catch them on their gear @ the time of the offence my limited understanding of the law is they wouldnt have a leg to stand on. it would be nigh on impossible to prove he was speeding in a court. fogoso speedo could be dodgy or the film may have been tampered with. (as I say this is a simpletons view and in no way represents a serious understanding of the law or police operations)

And if they are like any other NSW state department there resources are stretched pretty thin as it is and they probably dont have time for a more frivoulous adventures like catching Kermit speeding acrossthe country side.

I say I want to see the extra 20 kph fogo promised me by text on his way back from bourke with quirky!
I have got some good footage to put on youtube but am trying work out how to blur the GPS, time and Speedo on my video program.
The other way is to put a movie together and post it on Youtube and keep it on a private page and let eveyone know on ADV that if you want to see it PM me and I will send you the link and if you have a very Small post count you wont get it.
As for the top speed of the day Lentil on a private station road, 165. on the flat on a sandy road 150 - 155----BANG

Cheers Fogo...
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
marlboroughlad
should know better

Oddometer: 1,203
Good on ya Fogo, kept an eye on your progress. Sorry to hear about the DNF.
marlboroughlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #20
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroughlad View Post
Good on ya Fogo, kept an eye on your progress. Sorry to hear about the DNF.
Thanks Man, The people who have made it on there first attempt I take my hat off to you, but really you gain so much experiance each time you do it. It takes real nerves to hold it flat past mobs of 10 or more Emu and hope they stay there. I had a steer run out in front of me @ 130, I came around one corner to ride into a mob of sheep and scattered them everywhere, much to the disappointment of the farmer mustering them.

But guess What? I will be riding in the vintage class next year. It will be the 20th year anniversery of the KLX650R.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
GagsD2
...Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
I came around one corner to ride into a mob of sheep and scattered them everywhere, much to the disappointment of the farmer mustering them.
Unless he had 'stock on road' signs out........stuff him!!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Cheers Fogo. Feel free to leave coments .
"It's not easy, being green..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #23
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,115
Keep up the great work Fogo. I love the Kwaks, I've had Kwak road bikes since 1975, including a 1400GTR ATM.

But I have strayed to the dark side with a DR650 for ADV. I had a countershaft seal blow out this year, and another. Happened on cold starts with max oil pressure. The DR has a oil feed behind the seal. I ended up making up a mechanical retainer and all good since. After posting, it seems its not that uncommon for DRs, and I made and sold 20 before ProCycle took over, much to my relief.

Can you make a mechanical retainer? No glue required, and then easier to change if and when.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #24
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Big day in the shed yesterday, I have got shit everywhere, anyway, my main work bench that I could hardly see from all the crap on it from the last minute jobs just before the longest day ride. There was a big hole in the middle of the bench where junior threw his engine up on it last year and it just about fell threw the chip board. so it had to go. I went up to bunnings and bought two sheets of marine ply, that's the shit. Got the old crap off and screwed the new ply down and routed the edge and the 300mm off cut along the front got put up the back to use as a back board. Heaps better, looks great.

Now I have 4 KLX650 engines to build.
I have changed my mind about bike 1 's engine, this will be the end for the frankenstien engine, I have proven to the world that you can convert a KLX650R engine to electric start with a C1 crank and a few mods that does work and is reliable so no need to prove this point again. All this means is that I have a perfectly good C1 model electric start engine under the bench as a basket case getting damaged every time someone rats through the box looking for parts. So I am going to build that engine to put into my bike, it will just have R model cams and a STD bore and a wossner piston.
By doing this that will give me a complete spare R model engine to put on the shelf for junior and Marks bikes.
My bloody lap top bloody shit it's self so I am using my kids iPad,

Hey Quirky, quess what, ya know the other day when we were loading up the bike at Bourke, and you gave me my UHF, and I sat it back down on the tail gate, I forgot about it, goneskis, and I never took the keys out of the bike, gone too.
So someone maybe lucky enough to find a brand new GME TX3100 on the road.

Cheers Fogo.

Fogo72 screwed with this post 12-28-2012 at 02:52 PM
Old 12-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
Quirky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
I had best have a looky in the ute, thought we got that shit sorted.
Also I definately remember taking out the keys to give you.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #26
Juniorfogo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
I had best have a looky in the ute, thought we got that shit sorted.
Also I definately remember taking out the keys to give you.
Is the UHF under your front passanger seat? Please please please.

Selling Honda Spares
Juniorfogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #27
Quirky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
All is not lost.
Got both items.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky View Post
All is not lost.
Got both items.
Yes yes yes, i love you, i thought they were gone foreva.
I dont know how we lost the UHF, it still head half the farkin windscreen
Attached to it.
Cheers Fogo.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASUYAHO View Post
Bummer about the BGP mate.

The counter shaft seal will blow from build up of crank case pressure,
this can happen to the XR650R if the breather tube is pinched when the fuel tank is installed if care is not taken.
Breather tubes over time can become blocked too.
Some guys used to remove the breather tube that runs to the air box and install a K&N filter on the breather tube.

Adding an oil cooler won't give that much more oil capacity.

Had a problem after changing carbs & filters on both XS650's, sorted by running engine breather hose through a Pressure Relief Valve & routed the end of the hose down to act as chain oiler! Works like a charm
Both bikes have spent years on the road, including multiple creek crossings & no dramas
Cheers
Baza
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #30
Fogo72 OP
I Bleed Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_greyghost View Post
Had a problem after changing carbs & filters on both XS650's, sorted by running engine breather hose through a Pressure Relief Valve & routed the end of the hose down to act as chain oiler! Works like a charm
Both bikes have spent years on the road, including multiple creek crossings & no dramas
Cheers
Baza
Hi Baza,
I have been doing a bit of research on the oil system and it seems to have full engine oil pressure behind the counter shaft seal which can push it out if the engine oil pressure is too high or if the seal is too loose. both seals that came out were non genuine. So back to Kawasaki for those ones.
Cheers Fogo.