User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Schuberth C3 Pro Antenna Connector Question

I have a standard C3 helmet, but the neck roll with the inbuilt communicator is for the Pro. It therefore has a connector which is supposed to connect to the antenna that is installed in the lining of the helmet itself.

I plan to insert the antenna, but.... need to know what connector to get!

Now I can just hear you saying: 'well get off your computer and go and look at the thing'. (That is if you are being polite!)

The problem is, I am in Australia and my helmet (and bike) are in Portland Oregon. (We get reunited on Friday) :-)

Added later: And if you think I should get my glutius maximus down to the bike shop and check it out there.... Schuberth are not sold in Australia, sadly.

Could someone please help? I would like to arrive in Portland with a wire and connector assembled and ready to go.

Many thanks.

duncanmac screwed with this post 07-22-2013 at 02:51 PM
duncanmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
duncanmac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Sorted

I contacted Schuberth North America while I was over there. I was very fortunate to be able to arrange an an antenna scavenged from a C3 Pro which I then simply plugged into the neck roll. Bluetooth reception was faultless from there on. As I was using Sirius XM satellite radio I didn't bother to test the headset radio. That will wait until the helmet returns from the USA, but I anticipate no problems.

I was advised that Schuberth in Germany are retrofitting the Pro antenna to the C3 helmet, but I have not tried to confirm that.