ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #91
Philander
Someday...
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario GWN
Oddometer: 346
11 days and counting...
Philander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #92
enumclaw
I just....don't know
 
enumclaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Outer fringes of the Puget Sound Region
Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philander View Post
11 days and counting...
Same here!!
enumclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #93
NightProwler
Adventurer
 
NightProwler's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: cincy ohio
Oddometer: 25
17 days and counting
NightProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #94
PhotoMotoAdv
PhotoGuy
 
PhotoMotoAdv's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Weston, FL
Oddometer: 92
Less than one week

Leaving Weston, FL on Monday, 6/17, and planning to go all the way to Deadhorse and Inuvik on my way back. Bike is all ready, packing is done and I'm ready to go. Planning to do the whole trip in 8 or 9 weeks...

Looking forward to meeting some of you up North!
PhotoMotoAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #95
HUN rider
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Oddometer: 3
one day left, west palm beach to deadhorse and back
HUN rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #96
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Moto Mikey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: On the road!
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricaserpa View Post
Leaving Weston, FL on Monday, 6/17, and planning to go all the way to Deadhorse and Inuvik on my way back. Bike is all ready, packing is done and I'm ready to go. Planning to do the whole trip in 8 or 9 weeks...

Looking forward to meeting some of you up North!
When are you returning to FL? I'll be riding from Alaska to Florida in Early-mid August.
__________________
Riding the Americas in 2013-2014:
http://www.moto-mikey.com
https://www.facebook.com/Moto.Mikey84
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #97
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 618




Leaving June 23rd from LA. Say hi to us if you see us!
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #98
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: SFO Bay Area
Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post




Leaving June 23rd from LA. Say hi to us if you see us!
I think you forgot the kitchen sink ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #99
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathmenon View Post
I think you forgot the kitchen sink ;)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Haha I wish, the biggest thing we are bringing are the 2 sleeping bags. Those are in the 2 dry bags on my bike. Hers has a memory foam pad, inflatable pad, the Big Agnes bag and pillow. Mine is the same but without the memory foam pad. They end up packing to the same size because mine is a tall and hers is a short version.

I figure we could save lots of money by sleeping comfortably.

We will also have plenty of empty space in the tail bags.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #100
PhotoMotoAdv
PhotoGuy
 
PhotoMotoAdv's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Weston, FL
Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mikey View Post
When are you returning to FL? I'll be riding from Alaska to Florida in Early-mid August.
Not sure yet, but probably around the last week of July/first week of August. Planning to go to Inuvik after Prudhoe Bay, and from there the Cassiar, Prince George, Vancouver/Seattle, Moab and keeping going SE, via New Orleans. When do you plan to leave, and from where?
PhotoMotoAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #101
FastHotWheels
Chris Dempsey
 
FastHotWheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Livermore CA
Oddometer: 49
I think the load is deceiving, at first I was like WOW, but looking closer, only one set of side bags for two bikes, and like you say if you pull the sleeping bags and tires off theirs not much else left!

I see lots of people bringing tires with them? I don't get it, I'm sure its just me

how long will you be on the road, I leave about 8 days later from Livermore CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
Haha I wish, the biggest thing we are bringing are the 2 sleeping bags. Those are in the 2 dry bags on my bike. Hers has a memory foam pad, inflatable pad, the Big Agnes bag and pillow. Mine is the same but without the memory foam pad. They end up packing to the same size because mine is a tall and hers is a short version.

I figure we could save lots of money by sleeping comfortably.

We will also have plenty of empty space in the tail bags.
__________________
Not all who wander are lost.

RideAlaskaSolo.blogspot.com
RideCalifornia.blogspot.com
COBDR.blogspot.com
FastHotWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #102
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastHotWheels View Post
I think the load is deceiving, at first I was like WOW, but looking closer, only one set of side bags for two bikes, and like you say if you pull the sleeping bags and tires off theirs not much else left!

I see lots of people bringing tires with them? I don't get it, I'm sure its just me

how long will you be on the road, I leave about 8 days later from Livermore CA
Just under 2 months.

We are taking the tires because i dont know when our current tires will get toasted. Its going to be a pain in the ass to have them on there, but it will save a couple miles on the new tires that we will mount somewhere in Canada.

We will also get dirt aggressive tires in anchorage from Alaska Leather.

Also some bring them because tires are expensive up there. Shipping is expensive up there.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #103
Moto Mikey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Moto Mikey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: On the road!
Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricaserpa View Post
Not sure yet, but probably around the last week of July/first week of August. Planning to go to Inuvik after Prudhoe Bay, and from there the Cassiar, Prince George, Vancouver/Seattle, Moab and keeping going SE, via New Orleans. When do you plan to leave, and from where?
I'll be leaving from Anchorage on August 5th and riding to Montana to ride part of the CDT before riding to New York and then Florida. Maybe I'll see you along the way
__________________
Riding the Americas in 2013-2014:
http://www.moto-mikey.com
https://www.facebook.com/Moto.Mikey84
Moto Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #104
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil
 
Alcan Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Just over the rear wheel
Oddometer: 3,842
Y'all be prepared for lots of construction through Canada. Just got back home from a little ride across the South 48. Must be all that new oil revenue paying for B.C. to repair their infrastructure. In all my years of traveling up and down the Alcan and Cassiar, I have never, ever had to wait for pilot cars for so long, in so many places.

And gravel for miles. For those on dualsports or used to riding on gravel, it won't be a problem - except for the dust. But I spotted a large number of cruiser-style bikes whose riders will not be pleased. At on spot in the Yukon I had to almost come to a stop when following a truck as there was no wind, not even a slight breeze, and the dust was so thick you couldn't see more than 20' in front of you.

The whoops in the road (nature's speed bumps ) north of Burwash Landing in the Yukon are more numerous than ever, and the patches on the potholes are worse than the potholes.

But keep the complaints to yourself. If my overloaded Concours sport-tourer can make it, your "adventure" bike should make it enjoyable.
__________________
"I am in the prime of senility." Ben Franklin
I'm so old I remember when the gallons rose faster than the dollars on gas pumps.
The Lure of the Dalton, The Lure of the Dempster, Haul Road Chronicles, My Evening Rides, Alaska Primer
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #105
sarathmenon
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: SFO Bay Area
Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan Rider View Post
But keep the complaints to yourself. If my overloaded Concours sport-tourer can make it, your "adventure" bike should make it enjoyable.
I bet taking the Concours on that route is an adventure in itself. Next thing you'll hear is how a goldwing faired on a trip like this
sarathmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014