ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Oddometer: 5,521
First Aid Class in the Milwaukee Area 02/23-02/24

So you've seen the pic's of folks getting patched up at the CADVR rally or on a weekend outing and thought how lucky the subject of the camera's attention was to have someone around that knew what they were doing.

After coming up on a rider that had gone down at last yeard CADVR that MONTYBURNS was digging around for splint material, I started thinking about taking a class myself, just in case.

As luck would have it, there's a Wilderness First Aid course coming to Waukesha, WI the Weekend of Feb 23rd. It's a 2 day course being put on at Carroll University and I'm planning on attending and got some more information from the instructor in case anyone else wants to be a little more prepared.

Mods, the usual disclaimer applies here. I have no connection with the course itself other than passing on information that other locals may be interested in.

-----------------------------------
Who: Wilderness Medical Associates through Carroll University and the Carroll Outdoor Recreation Education division
What: Wilderness First Aid
When: 2/23/2013 - 2/24/2013
Where: Waukesha, WI @ Carroll University
How Much: $225
Why: Cuz we do things that break bikes and bones
Summary: Instructors will emphasize patient assessment, utilize scenarios, and incorporate lots of hands on practice. After successful completion of the course students will receive certification in Wilderness First Aid and Adult CPR.

A deposit of $75 must be received in order to reserve a spot in the class, with the remainder due at the beginning of the class. (The full amount can be paid at time of registration :)). If your plans change, a full refund is available before Monday February 4. Food and lodging is not included in the cost of the course. Meals are available in the Main Dining Room (cafeteria) in the Campus Center, and a variety of restaurants are located nearby. A partial list of local hotels is here http://www.carrollu.edu/campus/accom...s.asp?nav=5466
-----------------------------------

Right now there are 9 spots open and they do expect it to fill up.

If you decide to take the class give a shout out in this thread and maybe we can do a MnG Saturday following the class if there's enough interest.

Get a SmugMug account and use coupon code DwHE0pDRjpJfw to save yourself $5.
Hotspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 18,706
Sounds like a good idea to me.

If you M/G, I'll stop over.