Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #166
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
It seems remapping is popular on the DL1000 as well as the S10. I wasn't sure if that was the case with the GS as well.
Some folks mess with the FI via Power Commanders, etc., but I'm sure you'd find that to be the exception rather than the rule. You can probably always find another couple HP if you search hard enough and are willing to spend the money, but certainly not required. I'm one of those guys who is more than satisfied with the 100 HP of this bike's engine.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #167
Felters
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2712 View Post
... because they are thrustworthy.
I like that word.

I've got an 1100GS and a Honda ST1100. Running costs favour the BMW. Tyres, oil, exhausts, swing arms (they rust badly on the ST) all cheaper for the BMW here in the UK. Factor in depreciation and fuel (both worse on the Honda) and it get's even uglier. Our fuel is $10 a gallon.

The ST is a good bike - especially in the winter. But cheaper? Absolutely not.
Felters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #168
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
I'm not sure my homemade manometer was more accurate than the tool I bought (the one made and sold by an inmate here) but I used it on several bikes, not just the GS, and I never had any trouble with getting a good tune.

One year I did a service on my machine, valves, fluid changes, and TBS, and then stopped by the dealer with an ace mechanic. We chatted and he pulled off my valve covers and checked my valve adjustment (a little on the loose side but the same on all 4) and my TBS was as good as he could get with his computer.

Now, find someone who has done a valve adjustment on a VStrom.I bet you won't find many and the shop charges about 500 dollars to do one. Pain in the ass, shim and bucket with loads of piss poor know-nothing Suzuki dealers out there with 19 year old counter help and 21 year old mechanics

P.S.
I used 2-stroke oil, coloured green and easy to see, if it gets sucked in won't do any harm and sufficiently damped to prevent jumping.

Not sure why you colored it green when it's blue and easy to see in the clear tube as it is, but whatever works for you!
I use 2 stroke oil as well, works fine...
Doing any mechanical work at home we usually do a better job cause we're not rushing it out the door for the next job to make the owner more $$$.

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 AM   #169
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERINE View Post
Not sure why you colored it green when it's blue and easy to see in the clear tube as it is,

Not all two stroke oil is colored blue. Smaller bottles for pre-mix usually are died blue so you can see what fuel you have treated, but two stroke oil bought by the quart is rarely died any color. It just looks light and pale like most oils.