User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
gozirra OP
Spam?

Oddometer: 137
Headlight measurement needed (950A)

Yes I have a 950 ADV at home, but i am not at home, what i need to know it depth of the main bulb reflector surface to the headlight lens. On a US spec 950 headlight.
Basically if you have a headlight laying loose, pull the main bulb and drop in a tape measure, what is the distance from the lens to the reflector in the back.

If not, I will try and measure this up when i have access to my headlight, trying to work on a headlight option.

Thanks all.
gozirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
gweaver
Wandering between rooms

Oddometer: 1,458
I've got an unused USA-spec headlight out in the garage, I can try to get a measurement tomorrow if you still need one. Just let me know.
G

I like my women like I like my instant oatmeal- quick, easy, and covered in facts about dinosaurs.
gweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
gozirra OP
Spam?

Yep, still need. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
ElRod
4<2

Oddometer: 275
4 1/4" + What are you up to?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
gozirra OP
Spam?

Working on updating a lighting option, real projector HID or maybe an internal LED setup. Probably been done before but I like to build stuff (and stock output sucks)
when I start I will update everyone. Thanks for the info, it allows me to start the options layout for building.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 AM   #6
种.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozirra View Post
Working on updating a lighting option, real projector HID or maybe an internal LED setup. Probably been done before but I like to build stuff (and stock output sucks)
when I start I will update everyone. Thanks for the info, it allows me to start the options layout for building.
I'm trying to fit two Hella "E55" projectors into mine. Lower one should be ok but upper one is tricky.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
gozirra OP
Spam?

Well, having converted a few vehicles to HID projectors, I am trying to put together a combo hid/LED system to fit the on/off road nature of the bike better. If just an HID system or 2 it would be no real issue, I am trying to come up with something new to challenge my fab/design.

Concept so far is a 35 w Bi-xenon projector in the bottom mount for on road high/low, and try and make a LED system for the top area that would have more spread for low speed visibility while being less apt to be damaged by vibration or heat, some sort of a 2 stage system so having at least some form of light is possible, probably with a separate switch, maybe flip top to bottom depending on output ability and spread needs for the LED system.

Like I said, it is a concept at this point, have enough to do to outfit my 950A before I move on to special projects.