ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
CafeRacer99 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
BMW of Las Vegas kudos

So I was looking at some overpants at BMW of Las Vegas yesterday. I overheard a conversation at the counter between a couple of riders who had come in after me and the one of the employees.

These guys looked like they had been on the road for a while. It was about 108 degrees outside and they gave these guys bottles of water.

Apparently the communications system the riders were using had a problem, and they were a long way from where they had bought them. I didn't catch what system it was or what had gone wrong. What struck me was that the BMW guy said "no problem!" He gave the riders a new system and took their old one and said he would work it out with the manufacturer.

I thought that was pretty cool, to take care of customers like that. When I left a few minutes later I saw the bikes these guys were on - a couple of Harley Electra-glides. So these guys weren't even BMW customers.

So kudos to that dealer. I thought that story should be shared.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,087
I rented a r1200gs from them for a 2 day ride in 2008.When I picked the bike up they adjusted the seat height for me and said the bike was checked out by the shop.Rode it like I stole it for 2 days .I had a great trip out to dearh valley and rode titus canyon and west valley road.I cant remeber the name of the sales person that helped me but the business went smooth and I would do business there again.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,078
I've only had great experiences with BMW of Las Vegas. They are definitely a custormer-oriented M/C shop, and I've also seen them provide great support for riders of other brands.
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
feldjäger
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
I'm betting money that was Kurt that helped those guys out. The crew over at BMW is awesome! I bought a bike from them earlier in 2012 and have had the best customer experience with them since. When I went looking for a bike Tom the sales manager had me take out as many bikes as I needed to find the right fit for what I wanted to ride, then hooked me up with Kurt who helped me get the right add-ons without wasting money on crap that looks good but drains your pocket. If you're ever in Vegas whether you are on a BMW or not and want to know the local riding go see them, they are all about riding, not you buying BMW!
feldjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
ADV Fool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
Great Dealer

Great place, I always stop when I'm in or passing through Vegas. Kurt is the go to BMW Guy for GS/GSA farkles, he's very friendly and helpful. Once when I was passing through I picked up a fancy flashy brake light thingy for my 07 GSA. Kurt had me push the bike into the showroom out of the summer heat and promptly did the install for me himself.

Great place. . . . . .
2010 HD Ultra "Limited"
ADV Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
ViperJustin
Aerial Gunner

Oddometer: 564
Another big kudos to BMW of Las Vegas. After months of research, Internet price checking, and comparing, I bought a Klim Latitude jacket for a smoking deal-better than anything I could find online. Kurt is highly knowledgeable. He showed me all the features of the jacket versus the First Gear Kathmandu that I was looking at. Gary also helped me with trying to find a tank bag that can be released within 5-10 seconds (I have a MegaMoto and need to fill up often. Tank straps suck and my tank is plastic).

Thanks again guys! It's the best fitting jacket I've ever worn.
08 MegaMoto #99529
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
prince_ruben
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,696
I met the manager of LV BMW on the street in California and we talked for over an hour just shooting the shit and talking about rides. Dude was extra friendly and was about riding anywhere. Good dude, and it speaks for the place I suppose yet I've never been there