Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #16
Spousal Unit
Concubine

Oddometer: 80
Green label is good.....or so I have heard....
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
/2014 F800 GS
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,524
Almost forgot, I helped another girl move her Monster into her bedroom a couple years back. Silly me.

AKDuc screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 03:43 PM
AKDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,128
Oops!

I received a call this morning, wondering why I hadn't replied to a couple responses to my post about my lonely motorcycle in the shed. Well.... Last year she was in my garage and the other bike was outside, not even in a shed. I don't have room in my garage for two motorcycles and my car and .......... several bicycles, 10 sets of skis, numerous boots, lots of outdoor gear, extra tires, motorcycle parts, blah blah... I need a bigger garage and a smaller house!

Now that I have been instructed about proper bike storage procedures, I will have to make amends. Next summer I will rearrange the furniture in my living room and make room for one of my motorcycles, unless I feel well enough to ride one of my bikes to the Lower 48 as originally planned.

Wow, having a motorcycle in my living room might make me feel like a true rider!! and Maggie is NOT allowed to sit on my bike. I really don't think she will fit through the shed door. it was a tight squeeze getting the handlebars through, and Maggie's love handles are much bigger.

Cheers - it snowed!!!!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
HayDuchessLives
Loquita

Oddometer: 1,128
Moving motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
.... I once helped a girl move her Ducati Monster into her living room one winter a few years back. She was a bartender at Koot's and her ex was the GM of MotoCorsa Ducati in Portland. Needless to say, it was a very nice Monster. Because of this encounter, I ended up with my own Monster.

Mark H.
I was working on a tight deadline yesterday and was focusing on my story/photo essay about the incredibly-tough (BAD ASS) linemen I work with and not on motorcyle talk. But now that I'm done with my magazine article (and very proud of the result!!!!) I started thinking more about this thread, looking at it with the usual dark-blonde logic.

Based on Mark H's two responses, I know whom to call on when I need assistance moving a motorcycle into my house. But now I have a rhetorical question. After Mark helped a lady movie her Monster into her living room, he ended up with his own Monster. I wonder if he helps me move one of my DRs into my house if he would end up with his own DR?

Since he already owns quite a few motorcycles, he probably doesn't have room for any more so I could ask him to help me move something smaller that he probably doesn't already own, like... hmmm.... a pink tutu.

(Cubdriver: How's that for vivid color??)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808795
HayDuchessLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Cubdriver OP
Stampede Swimmer

Oddometer: 672

(Cubdriver: How's that for vivid color??)[/QUOTE]

That was a bit more than I bargained for. Way too much information.

For Mrs CD:F650GS, G650GS
Cubdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #21
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives View Post
... now I have a rhetorical question. After Mark helped a lady movie her Monster into her living room, he ended up with his own Monster. I wonder if he helps me move one of my DRs into my house if he would end up with his own DR?

Since he already owns quite a few motorcycles, he probably doesn't have room for any more so I could ask him to help me move something smaller that he probably doesn't already own, like... hmmm.... a pink tutu.
Well, nice of you to think of me and while I don't mind moving any of yours, I'm not too in my own DR or tutu.

I wasn't really all that interested in Monsters either till I helped move that first one. The owner, Terra, an ex-gf of the GM of Motocorsa Ducati in Portland had done things to make it a much more attractive package.

So I ended up with this lovely S4R that took 1st Place in the Sportbike Div at the annual Bike Show. Hmm, wonder if maybe I should get it back? Mark H.

Oh and fyi, Ducati decided to bring this blue & white color scheme back on one of this year's Diavel.

AKDuc screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 01:00 AM
AKDuc is online now   Reply With Quote