Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #361
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
Can a few of you guys go ride a (or drive in your car) a 10-15 mile route and drop 10-20 waypoints along the way and send me the GPX and Garmin (or whatever brand you are using) files?

Please send the files to mike@rallynavigator.com and include details of what gps unit and desktop software you used.

Thanks a lot!
I have a Montana, does a gpx file from it would be usefull !
Old 02-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #362
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDennehy View Post
I havn't used Rally navigator for a while. The yellow dots that used to be at each "point" have disappeared, which is a bit disconcerting. I see that I can still add points by clicking, and now make then snap to roads with Ctrl-click. Attempts to adding with text (Ctrl-Alt-click) causes Firefox to hang.
Also how do I drag a point that I have created? Or change a point from one without a associated text to one with? Or delete a point that does not have associated text?

A mouse over any point will turn it yellow. Yellow means it's "selected." At that point you can make it a waypoint, drag and drop or delete it.

If I understand your question, "copy and paste" text from one WP to another, the easier action would be to drag the point to the correct location.

In my case, whenever FF hangs it's because of a computer or internet speed problem. I have the fastest speed available to me, 1mb DSL. Have very slow load times and editing each node sometimes creates a lag. It's like each edit has to communicate server side before it's a complete transaction.

Another possibility is the speed tricks noted in the FAQ.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #363
SteveDennehy
Steve

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
A mouse over any point will turn it yellow. Yellow means it's "selected." At that point you can make it a waypoint, drag and drop or delete it.

If I understand your question, "copy and paste" text from one WP to another, the easier action would be to drag the point to the correct location.

In my case, whenever FF hangs it's because of a computer or internet speed problem. I have the fastest speed available to me, 1mb DSL. Have very slow load times and editing each node sometimes creates a lag. It's like each edit has to communicate server side before it's a complete transaction.

Another possibility is the speed tricks noted in the FAQ.
Thanks. I used to have a yellow bubble for each point. Now I have nothing. Like so:

I opened the route in Internet Explorer, saved it, then opened again in Firefox. Now it works perfectly. Weird.

SteveDennehy screwed with this post 02-22-2014 at 02:12 AM
SteveDennehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #364
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Oddometer: 1,052
Did a short test.
First, on a Montana, WP and tracks are not in the same file.
I put all together using Mapsource.

Then, it looks ok... I have 13WP in th gpx file and 15 instruction on the roadbook
(beginning + 13 + end of the track)
Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #365
enookway
Are we having fun yet?

Oddometer: 269
Printing on the blink

Anyone had any problems printing lately?

Pretty sure the past few prints I did were done out of the 7 day premium trial.
Now I am only getting the header page as a print preview and doesn't open the print dialogue:

Also had a few save errors, but have been on a crappy wireless interwebby connection.

Otherwise, this is quite possibly one of the most useful websites ever created.
enookway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #366
JarleB
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by enookway View Post
Anyone had any problems printing lately?

Pretty sure the past few prints I did were done out of the 7 day premium trial.
Now I am only getting the header page as a print preview and doesn't open the print dialogue:

IMG

Also had a few save errors, but have been on a crappy wireless interwebby connection.

Otherwise, this is quite possibly one of the most useful websites ever created.
This is exactly the same problem (or one of them) I mailed Mike about yesterday. I use OSX 10.9.2 and Chrome 33.0.1750.117. I just recently tried RN and haven't actually seen it working yet...
JarleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #367
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Oddometer: 216
Printing and other bugs?

Team:

I've been away from home for awhile - I see a few folks are having some buggy behavior related to printing and log in

Are you guys still having problems? Were these printing issues on newly created routes? New accounts? Any older users having issues?

Please empty your memory cache, reboot, restart etc. and be sure you are on the correct browser (Firefox for PC and chrome for Mac)

Let me know specific details and we will get things sorted out.

We are getting close to releasing our Narrow dual-sport format printing options - stay tuned!

Thanks!
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:21 PM   #368
DaveRMS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
Thanks, Mike for all your support of the rally community!

Quote:
Team:

I've been away from home for awhile - I see a few folks are having some buggy behavior related to printing and log in

Are you guys still having problems? Were these printing issues on newly created routes? New accounts? Any older users having issues?

Please empty your memory cache, reboot, restart etc. and be sure you are on the correct browser (Firefox for PC and chrome for Mac)

We are getting close to releasing our Narrow dual-sport format printing options - stay tuned!

Thanks!
DaveRMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #369
JarleB
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Team:

Are you guys still having problems?
Yes.
Quote:
Were these printing issues on newly created routes?
No also routes from the public library.

Quote:
New accounts?
Yes.

Quote:
Any older users having issues?

Same problem after browser cleanup and reboot.

Quote:

Thanks!
Thank you!!
JarleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #370
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,161
Printing using a plotter

I'm working a deal to get a 24" inkjet plotter - It's my understanding from reading previous posts that I'll need to output the roll chart to PDF and then print four instances of the PDF side by side and then cut the printed charts into 6" rolls. I'm confident I can make a razor knife setup that cuts all four at the same time.

My concern is that I have zero experience outputting a print-out to PDF and then printing four side by side. If anyone has done this I'd love to hear about your experiences
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #371
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFastMoto View Post
I'm working a deal to get a 24" inkjet plotter - It's my understanding from reading previous posts that I'll need to output the roll chart to PDF and then print four instances of the PDF side by side and then cut the printed charts into 6" rolls. I'm confident I can make a razor knife setup that cuts all four at the same time.

My concern is that I have zero experience outputting a print-out to PDF and then printing four side by side. If anyone has done this I'd love to hear about your experiences
For me, the easy solution is to use illustrator. There may be a more elegant solution....
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #372
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Quote:
For me, the easy solution is to use illustrator. There may be a more elegant solution....
Are you saying that you skip the output to PDF?
13 Christini 300 E
Old 03-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #373
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFastMoto View Post
Are you saying that you skip the output to PDF?
So. that process is post print to PDF. If you need a PDF printer, you can find some online. I used primo PDF for a bit until I got Acrobat. It may be such a thing that your printer software will accommodate the setup as well.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #374
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Printing with a Plotter

Quote:
So. that process is post print to PDF. If you need a PDF printer, you can find some online. I used primo PDF for a bit until I got Acrobat. It may be such a thing that your printer software will accommodate the setup as well.

Ultimately what I'm looking for is the detailed workflow to print on a 24" plotter. Not looking to do this on the cheap. Would prefer to leverage the communities experiences and expertise so that I can get the right stuff up front. Time is what I have the least of so eliminating trial and error is highly valued!

Would love to hear from anyone that has experience in this area. Feel free to PM or email if you prefer. I'll document my research and share the aggregated info (with appropriate attributions)

13 Christini 300 E
Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #375
babar69
Stay light as light

Oddometer: 32
tracks

i'm using be-on-road / PathAway / Mapfactor navigator for both car and motorbike(on and offroad) on Android 4 (ZTE and Alcatel phones) . I use too Tomtom with the first old tomtom rider.
If you need some points/gpx and datas? i can collect them.
The best

ps : can't sign in on your website (first level , not the premium one), even using firefox /chrome or IE (win 8 enterprise N). fill datas and ..nothing...