User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 03:11 PM   #406
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
As always, I'm open for feedback or questions.
Is there a way to reverse the direction of the .gpx after it has been uploaded?
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #407
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Oddometer: 216
Cc

I think this can be done in Garmin Mapsource software. Rally Navigator won't do that currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #408
carlosbarrios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Mapsource can indeed do this. If you don't have Mapsource, you can always use this online tool:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

Under advanced options, there is a checkbox for reversing the track. Very useful tool, which can come in handy when working with Rally Navigator.
carlosbarrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #409
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
I think this can be done in Garmin Mapsource software. Rally Navigator won't do that currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbarrios View Post
Mapsource can indeed do this. If you don't have Mapsource, you can always use this online tool:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

Under advanced options, there is a checkbox for reversing the track. Very useful tool, which can come in handy when working with Rally Navigator.

Thanks Guys! That is how I have been doing it, but I thought maybe I was missing something obvious in RN.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #410
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Quinn Cody to Lead Rally Navigator Experience at 2014 Touratech Rally

Quinn Cody to Lead Rally Navigator Experience at 2014 Touratech Rally

Apr 23, 2014

Interested in the world of rally racing? Looking for an opportunity to ride with a four-time Baja 1000 Champion and veteran Dakar Rally racer? Join us at the 2014 Touratech Rally near Plain, WA and take part in the first ever Rally Navigator Experience with Quinn Cody. An expert navigator and accomplished motorcycle rally racer, Quinn will be teaching a class on rally roadbook navigation as well as hosting a rally navigation ride during this year’s Touratech Rally!
Rally racers use paper “roadbooks” rather than GPS units to navigate the terrain designated by the event organizers. Touratech and Quinn Cody have prepared a roadbook with ‘Rally Navigator’ software www.rallynavigator.com for participants to use while navigating the back roads and trails in the Central Cascades. The roadbooks for this event are provided courtesy of Rally Navigator Software who is committed to making it easier to create roadbooks with their intuitive and easy to use software.
“I am looking forward to working with Touratech and Rally Navigator to create a rally experience that can be shared with everyone. This is a perfect opportunity for guys to get a taste of rally navigation for the first time.”
–Quinn Cody

The Rally Navigator Experience will take place Friday and Saturday June 27th and 28th in conjunction with the Touratech Rally in Plain, WA. Quinn will teach a class Friday night covering many topics including:
  • Navigation Equipment Basics
  • Roadbook Prep and Interpretation
  • Riding and Reading
  • Recovering from Navigation Mistakes
On Saturday, participants will have a chance to try out their new skills while following a custom prepared roadbook on a ride through the Central Cascade Mountains. The route is built with navigation training in mind, so expect a few rally tricks along the way and be sure to wear your “thinking” helmet! The riding will be ADV bike friendly for intermediate and advanced level riders.
Recommended Equipment:
  • Roadbook Prep Tools
    • Assorted color highlighters, scissors, and tape.

While rally racers use expensive equipment like motorized roadbook holders, adjustable odometers, and compass heading repeaters to navigate, Touratech also has an option for narrow 2” format roll-charts for riders without all of the complicated equipment. If you have a 2” enduro style roll-chart holder, GPS and an odometer that you can reset to 0.0 then you can come ride with the rally guys!
About the Touratech Rally
The Touratech Rally is your chance to ride some of the best off-road routes in the Pacific Northwest, as well as attend a handful of free clinics and classes including Motorcycle Camping 101, Adventure Bike Suspension, Ergonomics & Bike Setup and Motorcycle Tire Repair. Puget Sound Safety will be on-site offering two different off-road skills development training courses for an additional fee. Come join the Touratech crew for a weekend of riding in the mountains and good times around the campfire.
About Quinn Cody
Quinn Cody is an American motorcycle racer. He is a four-time Baja 1000 champion, three-time Baja 500 champion, the only rider to ever win the Vegas To Reno solo, and was named the 2011 Dakar Rally rookie of the year. Quinn currently resides in Southern California and competes in a number of rally racing events around the world, including the Dakar Rally and last year’s inaugural Baja Rally.

About Rally Navigator Software
Based on Google Earth, Rally Navigator uses intuitive design to quickly create Roadbooks by either importing GPS tracks from an actual ride or virtually creating a route by tracing detailed satellite images of roads and dirt tracks. Wherever the rider needs turn instructions, a waypoint is created with a single click. Rally Navigator automatically captures segment distance, CAP heading, GPS location and draws a basic image of the intersection, called a “Tulip Drawing.” Simple drag and drop icon placement and drawing tools finish out the details for each waypoint.
Click HERE to learn more about the 2014 Touratech Rally.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #411
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Need Quality Go-Pro Rally Footage for a Video - Any help?

Inmates:

I'm in search of high quality Go-Pro video with a clear shot of a Nav tower, ICO etc. (probably a chin mounted camera) using Rally Navigator Roadbooks.

I would love shots that give a good perspective of Navigation riding, sense of speed in different terrain, riding alone or following somebody - I only need a 5-6 money shots

Anything from:
  • Baja Rally
  • Mexican 1000
  • Amageza Rally
  • Reno Rally
  • Colorado Roadbook Rally
  • Your bad ass trail ride....
I'm updating a couple of videos and want to spice things up. Any help from ther ADVRider Crew??

Email me and I will share a Google Drive folder with you to send me the footage.

mike@ddaconline.com

Muchas Gracias!
Mike
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #412
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,991
Hey Mike,
I was just talking to someone about Strava (a fitness board where users can post their GPS verified times to complete a trail).

It would be cool if some future revision of RN could do something like that for rally routes. That would allow people to run a route and compare their times to others who ran the course on different days. For instance, if all of the Reno Rally participants posted their time, but those who couldn't make the event could run it some time later, post their time, and compare to others who completed the route.

Perhaps make it work so if I shared a route with people they could also get access to the timekeeping page but the results wouldn't necessarily be completely open to all RN members. Or if the results were open, the route itself would remain hidden.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #413
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Share your Rally Navigator footage and get hooked up!

Team!

Create and Post your best videos showing Rally Navigator Roadbooks in action.

The top 5 Navigator action videos WIN a 12-Month Premium Subscription.

Simple Go-Pro footage is good, I don't need a super clean edit with flying logos etc. Just trying to locate some good footage we can use to build navigator Promo videos...

Link or embed your super sweet videos here!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #414
Dingaan
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Cool Rally Navigator roadbook being marked and used on this vid:

Old 05-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #415
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

New Icon Suggestions? Road Rally? Other Series?

We will be adding Road Rally Icons very soon (These are for the Rally America Series)

Any other Icons that we should add to Navigator?

Suggestions please!!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #416
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,018
Color? Hopefully it will still work on black and white too...
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #417
svenb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Up and running!

282 KM of roadbook done for a event in Sweden.

Some questions.
Anyway to do alternate route between two tulips? There is one passage that will exclude bigger bikes. Or the easy way, a separate roadbook for that part?

Increase the height of a tulip? Some crossings needs a more complex image.

Snap to road, when adjusting between some tulips? Is it me or the program? No problem when to create the route.
svenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #418
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenb View Post
282 KM of roadbook done for a event in Sweden.

Some questions.
Anyway to do alternate route between two tulips? There is one passage that will exclude bigger bikes. Or the easy way, a separate roadbook for that part?

Snap to road, when adjusting between some tulips? Is it me or the program? No problem when to create the route.
Sounds great.

Here is how I would manage it (maybe the rallynavigator guys would have a different idea):

Anyway to do alternate route between two tulips?

A separate, short road book for that part could be issued at the same time. - let the riders stick that over or append as they see fit.

Agreed sometimes it is really hard to squish all the detail in. I think moving the 'start' dot at the bottom of the standard tulip down a little bit in the frame would achieve the same result.

I personally don't like snap-to functionality, sometimes the GE image is not quite the same as in reality.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #419
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Agreed sometimes it is really hard to squish all the detail in. I think moving the 'start' dot at the bottom of the standard tulip down a little bit in the frame would achieve the same result.
I've been waiting for more complex tulip creation and editing so I can finish D8 of the Dakar this year in Rally Navigator....
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #420
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

New Video! Rally Navigator Premium Features and Pro Rallies

Inmates:

Its been awhile since my last post - we have been making a lot of behind the scenes improvements to Navigator. I finally got around to updating the promo video.

New Rally Navigator video highlights latest features and our growing list of Pro Rally Events worldwide.

Watch and learn how you can help us grow the sport of Cross Country Rally Navigation - Rally on!

Screen Shots:

Feedback and questions are always welcome,

RenoMoto screwed with this post 06-16-2014 at 04:41 PM