Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #436
svenb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Text

Hi, have I missed something?
I need to write some text that explains the note.
But sometimes it cant be read, it wont fit the box.
Any solutions?
svenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:40 PM   #437
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,096
Hey guys with Rally Navigator accounts, go check out my RB for the D8SS1.

Here's the video I used:

And the RB:

http://www.rallynavigator.com/routes/3785#.U_qgCGNuXmU

I'll print the PDF in the next few days I think and then go to SA to make the actual route. I started it here http://www.rallynavigator.com/routes/3758#.U_qgoWNuXmU but got lost along the way. I also have Bianchi Prata's Video of this stage here to go from:

I started this earlier this year when the Colonel Vids came out. It's taken me maybe 30 hours to get it ok, but there's still a few features missing from RN for me to get it spot on.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #438
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Here's the 2014 DD09 SS01 Roadbook, with some tweaks left to do when the features are available.

This document is created by me. It is public domain.
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
Old 10-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #439
RenoMoto OP
Rally Navigator

Oddometer: 213
Sick of Cutting and Taping? Here's How to Produce Continuous Roll Roadbooks

Sick of Cutting and Taping?

Here's How to Produce Continuous Roll Roadbooks

Creating a PDF of the Roadbook File

Adobe Acrobat will support page length up to 200 inches or 5 meters

DeskPDF Creator will handle page lengths up to 600 inches or 15 meters

Print Ready PDF of Rally Roadbook
Roll Print Sample

Click to Download Roadbook PDF File

Use the settings below to format the page size, margins etc. for wide Rally Format Roadbooks

Printing PDF Roll Chart Files

A Commercial Shop with a Roll Feed Printer will be able to print your Roadbook PDF Files

Printed text on the OUTSIDE with the Roadbook Header left on the outside of the Roll
makes cutting, organizing and distribution easer for everybody

Cutting Rolls to Width

Using a Bandsaw and a Scalloped Band Knife

Scalloped Band Knife is made for cutting paper
Watch your fingers!

Carefully straighten and align the roll prior to cutting - a crooked cut is a bad cut!

Finished Product ready to go RIDE!
Pics - Moto - Dakar Rally - Rally Mongolia - TAT - F1 - Sports Cars - Crap
Rally Navigator - Create, Print & Share Rally Routes with Google Earth.
RenoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #440
Yakima
Whee! Wee Strom

Oddometer: 309
I really want this app to work.
Load plugin. Ok. Loaded.
Won't work. Load plugin. Ok. Again.
Won't work.
Start Google earth, then RN. Load plugin. I do, again. Nada.
Close Chrome, try it on Firefox. Same annoying problems.
I see some of you have it working.
Is there a secret password? Do you have to hum "God Save the Queen" while it loads?
What does it take to make this app work??
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #441
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Just the instructions. Could be a version of google earth that needs to be regressed. That's the only thing that ever cause me problems.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #442
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,989
Wishlist item: I'm having to re-route a major section of a rally. I've deleted approximately 75 squillion route dots. If future versions allowed an editing feature where you could draw a box around all of the route dots and then delete every dot w.in that box would be totally sweet
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #443
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerj View Post
Wishlist item: I'm having to re-route a major section of a rally. I've deleted approximately 75 squillion route dots. If future versions allowed an editing feature where you could draw a box around all of the route dots and then delete every dot w.in that box would be totally sweet
If you have one dot selected, as in it's turned yellow, then you ctrl-click on the "end" dot you want to delete, they all turn yellow, and then use the delete button in the top right of your screen.

My wish list, is the ability to ctrl-click to snap to roads, but in the middle of a route, so, like homer mentions, a bid re-route, and then the ability to snap to, in the middle. It appears that function is only available after the last dot.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #444
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 4,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
If you have one dot selected, as in it's turned yellow, then you ctrl-click on the "end" dot you want to delete, they all turn yellow, and then use the delete button in the top right of your screen.

My wish list, is the ability to ctrl-click to snap to roads, but in the middle of a route, so, like homer mentions, a bid re-route, and then the ability to snap to, in the middle. It appears that function is only available after the last dot.

Thanks! I just used it! (now that i've cut about 50 miles off my route one dot at a time)
Old 10-10-2014, 10:37 PM   #445
BCCA

Oddometer: 7
Sick of Printing, Cutting Taping,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
Sick of Cutting and Taping?

Here's How to Produce Continuous Roll Roadbooks

Creating a PDF of the Roadbook File

Adobe Acrobat will support page length up to 200 inches or 5 meters

DeskPDF Creator will handle page lengths up to 600 inches or 15 meters

Print Ready PDF of Rally Roadbook
Roll Print Sample

Click to Download Roadbook PDF File

Use the settings below to format the page size, margins etc. for wide Rally Format Roadbooks

Printing PDF Roll Chart Files

A Commercial Shop with a Roll Feed Printer will be able to print your Roadbook PDF Files

Printed text on the OUTSIDE with the Roadbook Header left on the outside of the Roll
makes cutting, organizing and distribution easer for everybody

Cutting Rolls to Width

Using a Bandsaw and a Scalloped Band Knife

Scalloped Band Knife is made for cutting paper
Watch your fingers!

Carefully straighten and align the roll prior to cutting - a crooked cut is a bad cut!

Finished Product ready to go RIDE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of printing PDF files it will be nice if somebody can develop interface for this http://www.cnet.com/products/amazon-...perwhite-2013/ so that we can eliminate Roadbook holder

One Kindle is 1/4 of price of a good Roadbook holder. For another 1/4 of the price (~$120) you can probably make Kindle waterproof and dust proof and make a cradle.

Of course that this won't be solution for everybody but I think that it will be good enough for majority the recreational drivers.
BCCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #446
carlosbarrios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
I use a Nexus 7. The problem with a kindle (or any other e-ink device) is they are not backlit. You can't see them at night. All other types of screens need an anti-glare film over them to be readable in sunlight. No one (that I know of) makes a tablet with a transflective screen, which would be backlit, and sun-readable.

I print as a PDF file, save on Dropbox, and the file automatically goes onto my Nexus 7. I then bought a 2way toggle switch connected to a bluetooth keyboard dongle, which I can use to scroll up and down on the PDF, so I can use it with gloves on.

carlosbarrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #447
MaxThePanda
Psycho Panda

Oddometer: 82
Very industrious! I know Phil has been battling to get a reliable Bluetooth/button interface going for Rally Blitz on the iPhone.

What are those boxes above the tablet?? Home made ICOs??
MaxThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #448
JesperDenmark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosbarrios View Post
I use a Nexus 7. The problem with a kindle (or any other e-ink device) is they are not backlit. You can't see them at night. All other types of screens need an anti-glare film over them to be readable in sunlight. No one (that I know of) makes a tablet with a transflective screen, which would be backlit, and sun-readable.
I'm pretty certain that the newest Kindle Paperwhite is both backlit and readable in direct sunlight. Not sure if screen is large enough though...
JesperDenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #449
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperDenmark View Post
I'm pretty certain that the newest Kindle Paperwhite is both backlit and readable in direct sunlight. Not sure if screen is large enough though...
Yep, I have the new paperwhite and it has an adjustable backlit screen. Easy to read in any light condition. Also there is a Nook E reader that has backlighting. The concern I would have for using either of these as an outdoor application would be when they get wet. The screens often behave strangely when they get water on them. I know this because NASA Rally uses them for checkpoint timing on rally stages and this year at Black River Stages it rained a bunch.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #450
carlosbarrios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxThePanda View Post
Very industrious! I know Phil has been battling to get a reliable Bluetooth/button interface going for Rally Blitz on the iPhone.

What are those boxes above the tablet?? Home made ICOs??
I use a simple HID bluetooth dongle, and the button simply sends a "down arrow" and a "up arrow". Those don't seem to work on apple devices to scroll up and down a PDF. Which is why I went with an android tablet (plus it's way cheaper)

And yes, home-made ICO's, that run on GPS. I've been working on them for a few weeks, and been thinking of producing a batch to sell, and see how it goes. The one on the left uses a dot-matrix transflective screen, and has a lot of cool features.

I didn't know some of those paperwhites were backlit, I'll have to take another look at them, since having a battery that lasts days would be very nice! Only problem would be figuring out how to scroll up/down with an external switch.
carlosbarrios is offline   Reply With Quote