Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #76
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
1) Lets just put It out there: taping roadbooks sucks. Although, some people (HogWild in talking to you!) enjoy watching others suffer as you described.
With the paper sheets, it's a question of ME suffering, or YOU. My current continuous roll printer setup takes 45 minutes to print just one roadbook (250 miles). When you guys gang up on me with a group of 8 or 10, there's no way I'm going to sit there and watch those things print for 6 or 8 hours for each day of riding! The damn thing ends up spewing 1000 feet of blank paper out on the ground if I let it print without supervision, so yes, I like to see you all suffer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMoto View Post
Again, HogWild is way ahead of the game here.
I'm building a new printer that should be able to print continuous rolls as quickly as Kut Caselli can blast through a set of Argentina dunes. If I have success with this project, your suffering will be over, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #77
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by italrally View Post
Yes, this is a must ! Here in Germany we have not so much free space like in the US so we have to be very, very careful with our off road riding.

And on the other side, making a good roadbook is a lot of work, so everybody must have the decision if he wants to share ore not.
Same problem here in Italy too, with the difference we are usually invaded by German and Austrian riders who have collected gps tracks in the last years. Often using the Ktm Adventures previous rides... (managed by well known ex-profi Italian enduro riders) You can find them in places even locals barely know... and there are a lot of discussion on the various Italian enduro forums. Unfortunately this problem makes things even harder for us and things get worse every year :(

All in all, I will only test not Italian tracks or just small portions of them or on-road only, at least till they are public
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #78
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,233
The technology is out there at work we have plotters that can print on a 34 inch wide roll of paper that is 300 feet long. This however is not for public use. I imagine that there are companies that can do printing for a reasonable price of continuous road book Scrolls.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor

Seth S screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 08:29 AM
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #79
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
Just thinking ahead to scroll printing, make sure the program has the ability to print from the last entry to the first (or "upside down").

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #80
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Just thinking ahead to scroll printing, make sure the program has the ability to print from the last entry to the first (or "upside down").
Why would that matter?

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #81
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Why would that matter?
I guess it wouldn't, just thinking about ease of loading.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #82
italrally
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
Quote:
one solution to print in nearly every copy shop:

Print the road book as a pdf, so that you get a virtual road book roll. Than go to a copy shop, may be they can print it.
Or take the single pdf pages and put them together with photoshop or illustrator, save the document as tiff file and go to the copy shop. Normaly they have a printer who prints on a roll that is 90 cm large and endless long, So you can print up to 5 roadbooks in a row endless. Than you have only to cut them and to put them in the roadbook holder
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #83
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
ahh. It would if you were not marking the roadbook up...but most people go through them anyways so they would be rewound in the appropriate direction then.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #84
PackMule
love what you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
ahh. It would if you were not marking the roadbook up...but most people go through them anyways so they would be rewound in the appropriate direction then.
Quite true.

Guess my brain is frazzled from two weeks of F5.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #85
fetid_swamp
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
just did a prerun in the 4wd on the weekend.
bloody awesome.

along with being able to turn the coords on or off, maybe an option to only have one decimal point in the distance feild.

for prerunning in the foruby, i now need an android tripmeter program, something that shows coords, cap and a couple of tripmeters with in/de-crement buttons.
how handy would that be for verifying a roadbook alongside maverick using google/microsoft hybrid sat images.
anyone know of anything?

Standing on the front lawn, shirtless, arguing with meth head neighbours while surrounded by bemused cops with dogs and tasers at the ready, his mullet gently blowing in the breeze.
fetid_swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #86
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,399
Touratec sells rolls of continuous RB paper

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...k-Forms-DIN-A5
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #87
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Glad to see you now can choose between miles and kilometers. But it would be even better if when you chose km, miles won´t be visible and the other way round.
Any info you don´t need shouldn´t be on the rb.

Really great program. Easy to work with. Love it!

(Now the Dakar is over theres more time to play with it.)

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #88
Brimstone
Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer: 618
Been playing with the app all day!! Man, did work ever suffer!!

Gotta say, this is fantastic. Already so many great ideas for rallies and routes around my neck of the woods. This will be a great tool for learning how to read and use a roadbook for navigation.

I'm digging the ease of use and it runs very very nicely on my machine. Kudos to the team bringing this all together. Just Awesome!

Okanagan Valley - KVR Day Trip - First RR!
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #89
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,399
finally unrolled my Mexican rally chart.. put in a new one made by this awesome software and went ridin

Thanks Mike and Dave !
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #90
greglewis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
finally unrolled my Mexican rally chart.. put in a new one made by this awesome software and went ridin

Thanks Mike and Dave !
What roadbook holder, please.
greglewis is offline   Reply With Quote