Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
farmrjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
I recently picked up a pair of the RoadGear Tierra del Fuego pants and am happy with them so far. http://tinyurl.com/bay7d8y
farmrjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
dasrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
I bought a pair of Tourmaster Flex textile overpants and I am very happy with them. I use them year round here in NC, so that means I ride summer time temps in the low 100s with high humidity to winter months in 30s (I usually don't ride beyond those extremes). The outer shell has removable panels that reveal mesh and allow a good amount of air to flow through. The pants come with two liners: one quilted, insulated and windproof and another rain liner. When it's cold, I prefer just the quilted liner. Putting both on is a little too bulky imo.

The quality of the pants is excellent, and shows little wear after 2 years of regular use. I also like the dual reflective stripes that run the outside length of each leg. They show up very well at night, which is important since I'm leaving work in the dark this time of year. I wear slacks at work and these pants fit great over them. When I get here, I just throw the Flex pants in my tailbag. They include CE armor in the knees and foam armor in the hips. I wear 36/32 jeans comfortably and the Flex in XL fits great whether or not I'm wearing work slacks or jeans underneath.

I had a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants that had comparable features, but the Tourmaster is far and away better quality and more durable so far.

Dig it: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...cle_pants.html
dasrider is offline   Reply With Quote